ImageImage

Game 12: Chiefs at Packers - 12/3/23 - 7:20 - NBC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Re: Game 12: Chiefs at Packers - 12/3/23 - 7:20 - NBC 

Post#621 » by DigitalFool » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:54 am

The thing about PI though it wasn’t like Kelce was in position to make the catch and got pushed. Not to mention the contact that was made had no impact to him not getting to the ball. It’s a Hail Mary, can’t believe this is the leading headline to this victory, sad.

Refs screwed up so much on that last drive though. No 10 second runoff on the fumble/no fumble play either.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#622 » by midranger » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:14 am

Same thought about the 10 second run off. Between that and the blown forward progress, time runs out before the 100% normal Hail Mary was even attempted. Not to mention the free 15 yards for the hit in bounds.

Collinsworth was an embarrassment tonight.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#623 » by RiotPunch » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:46 am

Just insane peaks and valleys with Love. **** awesome for us if something has clicked with him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,520

Post#624 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:33 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,398

Post#625 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:33 pm

midranger wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Me too. That 6:30 wake up is going to **** suck lol

Yup, 100. I’m a 6:30am riser too, no matter when I go to sleep. But…this one was worth it. : )

Guys. 6:30 am is like 7 hours and 45 minutes from now. Go to bed. You’ll be fine.

I like sleep and it takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up several times a night. I'm not having a great time right now.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#626 » by jute2003 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:52 pm

That last drive was a pretty pathetic ref display. The pass interference that supposedly happened on the hail Mary is waaaaaaaayyyy down the list of egregious wtf's.

If they can find a couple competent linemen and a more explosive RB in the offseason, this offense could be next level scary. As it stands, they're looking effective against some pretty good defenses.

The team is so damn young, I would expect a couple awful games against some of the stinker teams on the remaining schedule. The haters will screech and crow and the board will settle back into its preferred melancholy.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#627 » by ReddRum » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:52 pm

any updates on Watson's injury?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Post#628 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:59 pm

I mean, is there a more impressive 2-game stretch by any team this season than what the Packers just did? Go into Detroit on a short week and punch them in the mouth, then come back and knock off the defending champs at home in primetime? And I don't care what the final score says when we were up two scores for the majority of each of these games. Wire-to-wire victories with Jordan Love playing at an MVP level.

Why

Not

Us?
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#629 » by Swan Vox » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:
Yup, 100. I’m a 6:30am riser too, no matter when I go to sleep. But…this one was worth it. : )

Guys. 6:30 am is like 7 hours and 45 minutes from now. Go to bed. You’ll be fine.

I like sleep and it takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up several times a night. I'm not having a great time right now.

Yup. Agree with this. Really hard to fall asleep, especially after being hyped up with a victory like that. Brain just doesn’t want to shut off. I’m on Eastern time as well, so that game didn’t end until 11:30pm for me. But, like I said earlier…this one was worth it. Great win all around and I’m glad I got to witness every minute of it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#630 » by Treebeard » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:15 pm

FWIW: CBS Sports gives a more rounded view of the refs gaffes on the final KC drive, commenting on Owens non-foul, MVS being inbounds, the non-PI on Valentine, and the Hail Mary(which should almost always be non-calls anyway). NBC embarassed themselves.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/officiating-mistakes-mar-final-drive-of-packers-win-over-chiefs-on-sunday-night-football/
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,594

Post#631 » by Profound23 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:21 pm

Swan Vox wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:Guys. 6:30 am is like 7 hours and 45 minutes from now. Go to bed. You’ll be fine.

Yup. Agree with this. Really hard to fall asleep, especially after being hyped up with a victory like that. Brain just doesn’t want to shut off. I’m on Eastern time as well, so that game didn’t end until 11:30pm for me. But, like I said earlier…this one was worth it. Great win all around and I’m glad I got to witness every minute of it.

Not to get off track, but I am a Psych NP and have a few recommendations I could send your way for sleep that you could present to your providers.

Trazodone helps people who have trouble falling asleep. Ambien helps those who can fall asleep but find themselves waking up a lot. Of course, Ambien has a lot of side effects so I try to use other medications first. Hydroxyzine or gabapentin are good for those who struggle with anxiety/sleep. Gabapentin is best for those who struggle with sleep and have some type of pain, especially nerve pain. Seriously, if you need more info just hit me up and I can direct you to some medications to ask your provider more about.

Of course always get a sleep study done in case sleep apnea or something else is being missed that is affecting your sleep.

However yes, last night I had to calm myself down.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#632 » by jimmybones » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:39 pm

Love's development and ceiling will always be by far the most important storyline. But to me the next thing on that list to be excited about is this super young but talented and deep pass catching group. It's fair to have concerns about Watson's ability to be a true number one because of injury concern, but man... Watson, Doubs, Reed, Musgrave, Wicks, Heath, Kraft - that's like a young and athletic group I'd be happy to assemble in a Madden franchise. What an exciting group going forward
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,766

Post#633 » by emunney » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:51 pm

I thought that shove on the back on the hail mary was pretty blatant, and I'd be annoyed if it went the other way. I also understand that calls on hail marys are not easy to come by.

I also thought that personal foul on Owens was absurd. If the ball carrier is running upfield you should be able to stop them.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,766

Post#634 » by emunney » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:52 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Not to get off track, but I am a Psych NP and have a few recommendations I could send your way for sleep that you could present to your providers.

Trazodone helps people who have trouble falling asleep. Ambien helps those who can fall asleep but find themselves waking up a lot. Of course, Ambien has a lot of side effects so I try to use other medications first. Hydroxyzine or gabapentin are good for those who struggle with anxiety/sleep. Gabapentin is best for those who struggle with sleep and have some type of pain, especially nerve pain. Seriously, if you need more info just hit me up and I can direct you to some medications to ask your provider more about.

Of course always get a sleep study done in case sleep apnea or something else is being missed that is affecting your sleep.

However yes, last night I had to calm myself down.

Just to piggyback on this, if you do end up on Ambien, please have your partner take notes and share your hilarious Ambien stories with me.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#635 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:57 pm

Treebeard wrote:FWIW: CBS Sports gives a more rounded view of the refs gaffes on the final KC drive, commenting on Owens non-foul, MVS being inbounds, the non-PI on Valentine, and the Hail Mary(which should almost always be non-calls anyway). NBC embarassed themselves.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/officiating-mistakes-mar-final-drive-of-packers-win-over-chiefs-on-sunday-night-football/

My take - they didn't call the PI because they'd have had the ball on the 6 yard line.

Had they not called the BS penalty on Owens, and that play happens at the 21 yard line it gets called.

I love how the media is dissing us right now. This is exactly what happened the year we won the owl in 2010.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,692

Post#636 » by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:00 pm

jimmybones wrote:It's fair to have concerns about Watson's ability to be a true number one because of injury concern

Even though they have several young guys to develop in the WR room, I wouldn't be opposed to them drafting another weapon for that very reason.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#637 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:00 pm

trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:

I'm the same way. I'll lay down and my mind races 100MPH. It's just starts thinking about the most random **** like "hmm, I wonder how much peanut butter I have left in the cupboard".
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#638 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:06 pm

I forgot there should have been a 10 second runoff after Pacheco was ejected.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#639 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:10 pm

The Owens play is something I think the league consistently **** up. If a QB is trying to get extra yardage near the sideline you have to let the defenders try to stop it. Like I don't think that play should be a penalty even if the QBs foot is out, if they are moving forward they are a runner.

Similar thing I think the league is bad about is when a QB is fighting to stay up in the pocket. You're not allowed to slam a QB and defenders can only hit them in like a 1 foot zone on there body. It's just not fair with big QBs and they need to be much quicker with the in the grasp whistle.

I get they want scoring and rules are slanted that way but these things are just impossible for a D.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#640 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:12 pm

ReddRum wrote:any updates on Watson's injury?

Nothing yet. MLF said last night he didn't know anything. Some online speculation that maybe it was a cramp but it sure didn't look like that. Watson did seem pretty upbeat in the locker room but didn't say anything about it.

Return to Green Bay Packers