Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,209

Re: Game 15: Packers at Panthers - 12/24/23 - Noon - Fox 

Post#281 » by skones » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:05 pm

MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
skones wrote:I really don't care about what the bears do to be honest. I don't think Love has proved beyond reasonable doubt he's the guy, but I'm not drafting a QB either, and I was the first here to say he might be trash after week two and he went on to have a disastrous half season prior to righting the ship a bit.

He was terrible during that stretch, but “righting the ship a bit” is downplaying how good he’s been since that stretch. He’s probably been a top 5 QB since week 7 or whatever it was. Does the sample size need to be bigger? Yes. But we are looking at probably close to a 3-1 TD/INT ratio and over 30 TD for him in year 1 with a crazy young team with massive missed games by LT, WR1, RB1, TE1.

We have no missed games by our WR1, we just don't gave a WR1, Watson is no WR1, period.

Nevermind that our TE1 is Luke Musgrave vs. Tucker Kraft. Musgrave averaged 3.3 catches for 34.1 yards per contest. Kraft has averaged 3.4 catches for 46.6 yards since Musgrave went down. That RB1 has often looked poor this season at age 29 averaging 4.3 yards per carry and that LT will have missed 38 games over the last three seasons come the end of this campaign. We don't need to prop up these guys and make them sound better than they are by giving them labels like WR1, RB1, and TE1. Guys get hurt in the NFL, that's how this sport works, it's not some feather in the cap for Jordan Love more than it is for anyone else.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#282 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:14 pm

MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I would like to upgrade Watson, but he absolutely is our WR1 just based on how much he forces different coverages, which helps our entire offense.

So MVS would be our WR1 this season too...

Uhh, what?

And yes injuries happen. Packers have still had more than the average season, easily. I mean you could argue heading into season Bakh, Jones, Watson were the 3 most integral offensive players sans Love.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#283 » by MoMM » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:21 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I would like to upgrade Watson, but he absolutely is our WR1 just based on how much he forces different coverages, which helps our entire offense.

So MVS would be our WR1 this season too...

Uhh, what?

Basically the same kind of player.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#284 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:59 pm

It's absolutely true that losing W1 TE1 or whatever you want to call them is less impactful than other teams because the talent across those groups for the Packers is pretty even. But I do think both Love and MLF deserve praise for how well they've gotten this O to perform considering the inexperience and constant changes in personel.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#285 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:41 pm

MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
MoMM wrote:So MVS would be our WR1 this season too...

Uhh, what?

Not even close MVS still is trash, Watson still a young guy who could figure it out. No team would rather have MVS over Watson.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#286 » by Ayt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:57 am

MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
MoMM wrote:So MVS would be our WR1 this season too...

Uhh, what?

Players that can run fast are the same kind of player. I am very smart.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#287 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:50 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's absolutely true that losing W1 TE1 or whatever you want to call them is less impactful than other teams because the talent across those groups for the Packers is pretty even.

There's certainly some truth to that, particularly at WR, but a non-negligible portion of Watson's snaps have gone to Heath, Toure, and Melton, so it still counts for something despite the fact that Doubs, Wicks, and Reed have been quite good. I also want to point out that Love has been VERY good about distributing the ball and not playing favorites, which may be making the WRs look more evenly-skilled than they really are.

Kraft didn't seem ready to replace Musgrave right away, and he's also not nearly the threat to stretch the field that Musgrave was. It's a spacing thing. But he has been quite good, without a doubt. The scheme is helping him a lot, too.

Also, the downgrade from Jones to Dillon was one of the most extreme of any RB2 situation in the league for several weeks, although at least Dillon started running with much more authority several weeks ago.

Finally, let's not forget that horrible stretch on the OL shortly after Bakhtiari got hurt. Love was running for his life constantly, and his numbers were predictably a disaster for a few weeks. They've obviously stabilized since, but they were a trainwreck.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:But I do think both Love and MLF deserve praise for how well they've gotten this O to perform considering the inexperience and constant changes in personel.

I agree. They deserve tons of praise. MLF in particular has been very good at scheming guys open and keeping defenses guessing, or at least he has been good at it the last few months now that they've been able to open up the playbook a little more. Now about that nepotism situation with Joe Barry...
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#288 » by MoMM » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:12 am

Ayt wrote:
MoMM wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
Uhh, what?

Players that can run fast are the same kind of player. I am very smart.

Lots of dropped passes and bad routes, however MVS can stay healthy.

Return to Green Bay Packers