Global Mod
And1: 45,506

ATL: 2024 Offseason - Diggs to HOU 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:24 pm

Last thread maxed out. Here are the last couple of posts to carry over

skones wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
skones wrote:
There's no way I can justify Lamar Jackson as MVP with his lack of statistical production. Dude's accounted for 24 total TDs this year as a QB. It's nothing more than just defaulting to the best teams QB and that just feels insane. The idea that merely acknowledging this MAJOR hole in his resume is somehow "disrespect" doesn't make a lick of sense. Their rushing attack ASIDE from Lamar has found paydirt 19 times this season and rushed for 1,609 yards, why are we just turning a blind eye to that?

His stats are fine IMO, 800 yards rushing and a lot of that is drive saving runs for first downs. Its gonna be CMC but for me Lamar is the MVP.

NFL MVP Total Yard Rank:
2022 Mahomes #1
2021 Rodgers #10
2020 Rodgers #8
2019 Jackson #7
2018 Mahomes #1
2017 Brady #1
2016 Ryan #2
2015 Newton #9
2014 Rodgers #6
2013 Manning #1

Total TD Rank:
2022 Mahomes #1
2021 Rodgers #7
2020 Rodgers #1
2019 Jackson #1
2018 Mahomes #1
2017 Brady #1
2016 Ryan #2
2015 Newton #1
2014 Rodgers #2
2013 Manning #1

Jackson is currently #6 in total yards and #11 in TDs. It'd be one thing if he had an absurd amount of yards to cover the gap, but he's nowhere close. He's a massive outlier.

As for "a lot of that being for drive saving first downs?" That's not a thing based on a run or two against the niners. They're 10th in overall 3rd down conversion percentage.

Ron Swanson wrote:If a RB or WR (McCaffrey or Hill) doesn't win MVP this year then it's never happening again. They can't in good conscience call it anything but the "Quarterback on the best team" award and I think that's a horrible look for the sport.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Re: ATL: Week 17 

Post#2 » by MVP2110 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=ZzbuTkmH9WMZ9B-AHPVojQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#3 » by stillgotgame » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:05 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If a RB or WR (McCaffrey or Hill) doesn't win MVP this year then it's never happening again. They can't in good conscience call it anything but the "Quarterback on the best team" award and I think that's a horrible look for the sport.

Tyreek gets my vote. He opens the field up for everyone else, gets doubled and still is going to get close to 2000 yards receiving.

I like Lamar too, but not quite MVP worthy this year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#4 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:42 pm

Officially the worst trade in NFL history.

Read on Twitter
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#5 » by skones » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Officially the worst trade in NFL history.

Read on Twitter

Eh, Wilson has been fine this season. He's being benched for skeezy bs to avoid guarantees kicking in.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#6 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
It's been a disaster of a trade but I can't call it the worst in history because I consider trading a 1st and 2nd for the privilege of giving Sean Payton a giant contract to be worse. The fact they made those deals in back to back years is hilarious. The hell with the Broncos, I'm petty and still root against them for beating the Packers in 98. :)

Oh and the Panthers, Young trade is a strong contender. We've seen some real assinine GM'ing recently.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#7 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:16 pm

skones wrote:

Read on Twitter

Eh, Wilson has been fine this season. He's being benched for skeezy bs to avoid guarantees kicking in.

He definitely has not.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:21 pm

After everything was said and done with the Herschel Walker trade the Cowboys got 3 firsts, 3 seconds and a third for Walker and 2 thirds. Dallas used some of those picks in deals to draft Emmit Smith, Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland.

Saints traded all of their picks in 1999 plus first and second rounder in 2000 for Ricky Williams.

Those trades were pretty bad :lol:. So was the Hadl trade for GB (2 firsts, 2 seconds and a third)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#10 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:31 pm

I think with how valuable draft picks are in the NFL compared to even 25-years ago, this clearly trumps the Walker and Ricky Williams trades in awfulness. The Saints still got two 1,000+ yard rushing seasons from Ricky and made the playoffs. Wilson has been a bottom-5 and bottom-10 starting QB last year and this season respectively. The signs were already there his final year in Seattle. He's washed.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#11 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:33 pm

The Dallas/Walker deal will always stand out not only for the crazy package but probably more so because somehow Dallas absolutely nailed basically every pick they got back. They had just a hell of a draft heater during that run.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#12 » by Treebeard » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:41 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:The Dallas/Walker deal will always stand out not only for the crazy package but probably more so because somehow Dallas absolutely nailed basically every pick they got back. They had just a hell of a draft heater during that run.

Dynasty that followed.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#13 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:57 pm

Just did a little googling and I want amend my previous statement, it was really a quantity thing that lead to all the quality. I knew they had a lot of picks but holy ****, in 1991 they had 3 1sts, 1 2nd, 3 3rds, 4 4ths.

That's absurd. Luke Musgraves dad Bill was on the the 4ths in 91.

Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Treebeard » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:58 pm

I wonder how the Rogers trade will appear in 2-3 years. Personally, I think the Jets got the 39year old, fading mobility Rogers with a mended thumb. I will also be curious to see how he's mended from the Achilles problem. He's still going to be a high mileage 40 year old (or 41?) next fall. Will power is a wonderful, if fickle, drug.

And no, It's no where near any of the disasterous trades discussed above. The Rogers trade is a seemingly fair deal on its face.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#15 » by skones » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
skones wrote:

Read on Twitter

He definitely has not.

I mean, I don't know where your bar is for "fine," but it seems like it should be lower than the projected 3500 yards 29 TDs 9 picks, and 4ish additional rushing TDs with a bounce back from a 1-5 start and a 77.5 PFF grade. He's been nowhere near the total abomination he was last season. They're making him the fall guy this year and I don't think it's warranted. It'd be akin to folks here piling all of the blame on Jordan Love for the Packers sitting at 7-8.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilson is a phony doucher, but again, this is a scapegoat situation.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#16 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm

If you can find a metric that has Wilson as better than a bottom 3rd starting QB other than basic passer-rating and PFF, I'd welcome it. You completely lost me with even the suggestion that Love and Wilson have been comparable this season. That's absurd.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#17 » by jute2003 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Treebeard wrote:I wonder how the Rogers trade will appear in 2-3 years. Personally, I think the Jets got the 39year old, fading mobility Rogers with a mended thumb. I will also be curious to see how he's mended from the Achilles problem. He's still going to be a high mileage 40 year old (or 41?) next fall. Will power is a wonderful, if fickle, drug.

And no, It's no where near any of the disasterous trades discussed above. The Rogers trade is a seemingly fair deal on its face.
Obviously it depends on if he can give them anything at all moving forward.(he wasn't looking spry before he popped the achilles)

If he is a shell next year and goes the way of the Russel Wilson, the trade will look pretty damn good for the packers and pretty damn bad for the jets. I think at worst, it'll look like GB got fair value.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#18 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Treebeard wrote:I wonder how the Rogers trade will appear in 2-3 years. Personally, I think the Jets got the 39year old, fading mobility Rogers with a mended thumb. I will also be curious to see how he's mended from the Achilles problem. He's still going to be a high mileage 40 year old (or 41?) next fall. Will power is a wonderful, if fickle, drug.

Fair but it also is going to put the jets on pause for 3 seasons while they deal with a Rodgers who couldnt move as well as he could before even before the blown up tendon, and his arm is noticeably weaker from his prime. One of Rodgers big plus in my mind was he could take that 10 year run to extend drives when needed, its a super underrated trait for qbs to have. I was looking at Lamar has 50 first down scrambles this year thats a big weapon to have.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#19 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 pm

Forget the Jets deal; I can't help but wonder what we'd be talking about if the Packers had traded Rodgers to the Broncos for the Wilson haul when they had the chance, like many of us wanted to after his last MVP season. Would be nice to be the team on the other side of one of those all-time bad trades.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Treebeard » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:51 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:

Forget the Jets deal; I can't help but wonder what we'd be talking about if the Packers had traded Rodgers to the Broncos for the Wilson haul when they had the chance, like many of us wanted to after his last MVP season. Would be nice to be the team on the other side of one of those all-time bad trades.

The Denver deal is what SHOULD have happened. I understand that there was Packer FO fear about trading the MVP, but better a year too soon than a year too late, and all that.

Return to Green Bay Packers