ImageImage

Dallas Lead Up - Sunday 3:30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Re: Dallas Lead Up - Sunday 3:30 

Post#101 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:22 pm

I didn't realize the Cowboys had won 16 straight home games.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#102 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:40 pm

I'll tell you all right now, if the Packers beat Dallas it probably will not be because Jordan Love had an amazing game. It will probably be because Aaron Jones had an amazing game.

Dallas is top-5 vs the pass. And if your game plan is for Love to sit in the pocket and throw all game? he's going to get eaten up. Teams that beat us run heavy, and do a lot of dinky passes and screens. They prevent Parsons from getting his sacks by dumping the ball off right away.

Anyway, I read through this thread, you guys seem like a good group. Good luck to all of you! I hope it's an exciting game either way.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,521

Post#103 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:33 pm

After 30+ years of Super Bowl or bust expectations it's fun to have no expectations. If we lose we'll use the playoff experience as a learning experience and be back stronger next year. All of the pressure is on Dallas. 28 year dry spell. Jerry is 81.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,521

Post#104 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#105 » by thomchatt3rton » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'll tell you all right now, if the Packers beat Dallas it probably will not be because Jordan Love had an amazing game. It will probably be because Aaron Jones had an amazing game.

Dallas is top-5 vs the pass. And if your game plan is for Love to sit in the pocket and throw all game? he's going to get eaten up. Teams that beat us run heavy, and do a lot of dinky passes and screens. They prevent Parsons from getting his sacks by dumping the ball off right away.

Anyway, I read through this thread, you guys seem like a good group. Good luck to all of you! I hope it's an exciting game either way.

Well, our offensive identity is long, sustained drives. We run, we throw short, then we take the odd intermediate/deep shot off play-action. The ball comes out quick. Its not like it was with Rodgers.

I do think our o-line could struggle with the speed and athleticism of your frontline. DAL seems to have really fast, athletic guys up front. It’s not just Parsons.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#106 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:10 am

MickeyDavis wrote:After 30+ years of Super Bowl or bust expectations it's fun to have no expectations. If we lose we'll use the playoff experience as a learning experience and be back stronger next year. All of the pressure is on Dallas. 28 year dry spell. Jerry is 81.

Yep. House money for the first time in a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#107 » by stillgotgame » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:39 am

If there was ever a QB/coach pairing born to choke it would be Dak and Fat Mac.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#108 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:53 am

stillgotgame wrote:If there was ever a QB/coach pairing born to choke it would be Dak and Fat Mac.
That's why I think the Packers best chance to win is a quick start, maybe a dumb cowboys turnover and score or something like that. Plant that 'here we go again' into MM, Dak, and that whole stupid stadium.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#109 » by Treebeard » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:58 am

I hope the Pack wins the game outright. Still, if they lose, I really want the offense to play well. I'm a bit afraid that Lamb and Pollard have big days, and former Badger Ferguson is the back-breaking chain mover
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#110 » by raysbookclub » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:06 am

NFL Network showing the 2014 Dallas-GB playoff game right now. Rookie Davante balled out. Was nice seeing Lacy again, man he was good and fun to watch. Cobb with the game-clinching diving catch on a third down play, off a tipped ball.

Lot of Dallas fans call it the Dez Bryant game cuz of that catch that was ruled incomplete. Feel bad for all the Lions fans who are like, Who cries for the Lions? How come no one remembers the Calvin Johnson rule?? when Dallas fans complain about the call.

I think it was Bob Harlan who had the best take on that non-catch. Basically, it didn't matter. Even if it were a catch and they scored, the Packers would've just come right down next possession and scored and won anyway.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Post#111 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:20 pm

raysbookclub wrote:NFL Network showing the 2014 Dallas-GB playoff game right now. Rookie Davante balled out. Was nice seeing Lacy again, man he was good and fun to watch. Cobb with the game-clinching diving catch on a third down play, off a tipped ball.

Lot of Dallas fans call it the Dez Bryant game cuz of that catch that was ruled incomplete. Feel bad for all the Lions fans who are like, Who cries for the Lions? How come no one remembers the Calvin Johnson rule?? when Dallas fans complain about the call.

I think it was Bob Harlan who had the best take on that non-catch. Basically, it didn't matter. Even if it were a catch and they scored, the Packers would've just come right down next possession and scored and won anyway.

Was at that game, a lot of people forget the Packers still had to drive pretty deep into Cowboys territory to kill that game off after the Dez no catch, I think there were still 4 minutes left.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#112 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#113 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:42 pm

2 big names on that questionable line...2 guys we've played without for most of the year.

Honestly, the 3 guys that are doubtful/questionable are the 3 guys that we all love to hate most on the team (all for different reasons) but deep down if any of those 3 guys are actually playing their best, they make a big difference.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#114 » by Treebeard » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Watson needs a leg makeover in Dr Fronk-n-steen's lab, I think.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#115 » by thomchatt3rton » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 pm

Treebeard wrote:Watson needs a leg makeover in Dr Fronk-n-steen's lab, I think.

His career is on a Jermichael Finley type arc

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:07 pm

Listening to Mina and Barnwell on the game. Sounded like Mina wanted to like the Packers (loves the offense), but what Dallas does well (passes over the middle, slants to Cede Lamb) attacks what GB is LEAGUE WORST at.

But whatever. I still think GB wins.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#117 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Wow, I didn’t realize anyone predicted us to win. You might have said it earlier, what are you thinking the score would be for the Pack to win?

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:17 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Wow, I didn’t realize anyone predicted us to win. You might have said it earlier, what are you thinking the score would be for the Pack to win?

Just got one of those feelings. When the whole public is predicting one thing, I think we're primed to see the other.

Packers 34 and Dallas 24.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#119 » by MVP2110 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Listening to Mina and Barnwell on the game. Sounded like Mina wanted to like the Packers (loves the offense), but what Dallas does well (passes over the middle, slants to Cede Lamb) attacks what GB is LEAGUE WORST at.

Yea the site that runs DVOA came out with their own preview and basically said the same thing. Added on that Dallas's special teams is way better than ours too. But our offense might be able to make a dent and if we get a break or two to go our way an upset isn't totally inconceivable

Here's the full link for anyone interested

Read on Twitter
?t=6GT1x7HUU6saEcw8irqxZQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Green Bay Packers