ImageImage

Dallas Lead Up - Sunday 3:30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Re: Dallas Lead Up - Sunday 3:30 

Post#41 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:03 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm not worried about Dallas. Doesn't mean the Packers should win or anything, but I won't be surprised if they do. Packers opening +7.5 is a joke.

Probably a bigger joke that we were only a FG favorite at home against the Bears, but that's pretty much been the story of this season (laughable that so many bettors and analysts had us finishing last in the division).
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#42 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:13 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'm not worried about Dallas. Doesn't mean the Packers should win or anything, but I won't be surprised if they do. Packers opening +7.5 is a joke.

Probably a bigger joke that we were only a FG favorite at home against the Bears, but that's pretty much been the story of this season (laughable that so many bettors and analysts had us finishing last in the division).
Made me curious so I just looked. Packers went 9-8 against the spread on the season. Atlanta was the only loss they covered and the Panthers were the only win where they didn't.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#43 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:51 pm

Even if Dillon can go this weekend I hope MLF can understand that Jones should be getting nearly all the rushing workload.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#44 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Made me curious so I just looked. Packers went 9-8 against the spread on the season. Atlanta was the only loss they covered and the Panthers were the only win where they didn't.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Right. With so much turnover, it's hard for the models to cap the Packers, but most had them as middle of the pack before the season? Was the win total like 8?

So we pretty much landed there but it just so happened we played like the 28th best team weeks 4-9 and the 9th or 10th best team other than that.

And I don't think it was suggested, but analysts/commenters have 0% to do with a betting line. 0%. Bears defense was playing well the past month, ours had generally sucked. I didn't think the line was crazy.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,726

Post#45 » by msiris » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:39 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
msiris wrote:Good Luck Pack. Iam not as excited about the future as some of you becase they don't reallly do anything in FA like some of the top teams do. Will always be close but no cigar.

Their 2023 draft looks like one of their best ever, they have five top 95 picks again (and two 4ths), they have their franchise QB, and they are the youngest team in football headed to playoffs. If you can’t be optimistic now, don’t know what to say.
so many disaappointng playoff loses since 2010. Reggie White was the last major fa who helped us to the superboowl. I am so old that I remember too many loses with a HOF Qb. Will always root for wins.
Ride the tank
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#46 » by stillgotgame » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:42 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Even if Dillon can go this weekend I hope MLF can understand that Jones should be getting nearly all the rushing workload.

Aaron Jones has been great against Dallas in his career, all 3 games well above 100 yards & 6 TDs total. Packers are 14-1 (playoffs and regular season) when he gets 18 or more carries.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#47 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:43 pm

msiris wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
msiris wrote:Good Luck Pack. Iam not as excited about the future as some of you becase they don't reallly do anything in FA like some of the top teams do. Will always be close but no cigar.

Their 2023 draft looks like one of their best ever, they have five top 95 picks again (and two 4ths), they have their franchise QB, and they are the youngest team in football headed to playoffs. If you can’t be optimistic now, don’t know what to say.
so many disaappointng playoff loses since 2010. Reggie White was the last major fa who helped us to the superboowl. I am so old that I remember too many loses with a HOF Qb. Will always root for wins.

This is Charles Woodson erasure
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,726

Post#48 » by msiris » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:47 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
msiris wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

This is Charles Woodson erasure
ok 2 since the 90s.;)
Ride the tank
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,692

Post#49 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,520

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:11 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#51 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:16 pm

I think Dallas craps their pants and we end up winning this one
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#52 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:42 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Even if Dillon can go this weekend I hope MLF can understand that Jones should be getting nearly all the rushing workload.

It will still be nice to have Dillon just to save a few hits on Aaron. One major factor in him still being so good is the way they've load managed him for most of his career. He could have much better career numbers, but they usually knew they were going to make the playoffs regardless of whether they maximized his regular season production.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#53 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:59 pm

I'm no fan of Watson, but it'd be nice to have him back in this one. Last season he had four receptions, 107 yards, and three TDs in the Packers win.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#54 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:51 pm

msiris wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

Isn't it also possible that their free agency discipline is a big part of what made them regularly good enough to advance far enough to have a heartbreaking loss in the first place? And they've generally had little payroll flexibility left for free agency after retaining their own homegrown talent; it's really a testament to (usually) building such talented rosters that they've had to spend all their money to retain them.

I think lack of free agency splashes should be the last thing we complain about. The first thing to complain about would be some bizarre draft picks - not just misses, which happen to everyone, but the ones that were seriously misguided picks all along, like Dillon and Deguara and Amari Rodgers. The next complaint might be controversial, but I would have liked to see them occasionally trade a few veterans while they still had more trade value. I felt that the Rodgers decline last year was kind of predictable, for example, and the Adams trade was a good example of how it's not the end of the world when you trade away a star at or near the likely tail end of his prime (but it only happened because he forced their hand).
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#55 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:52 pm

coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#56 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:03 pm

At one point, Dallas was being hyped as maybe the top pass-rush team in the league. Do the stats bear that out at this point?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#57 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:08 pm

Not sure on pass rush but their D was 5th in DVOA.

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/nfl/tools/team-total-dvoa
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,520

Post#58 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:14 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#59 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

MLF taking the "Aren't we all" day-to-day joke too far...
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,314

Re: Dallas Lead Up 

Post#60 » by rilamann » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:51 am

soboMP3 wrote:
rilamann wrote:And now we hope we don't get the Monday night game.

Can you imagine how insufferable Troy Aikman will be doing a Packer playoff game against Dallas.

Will never understand this sentiment. Aikman/Buck are among the best along with Nantz and Romo. Oh boohoo Aikman owned us for 5+ years lol. Still one of the best to play the game and now have him analyzing it.

I actually like Buck and Aikman overall, just that Aikman's bias against the Packers has become annoying.

I actually used to be one of those people like you who kind of rolled my eyes when Packer fans talked about Aikman & Buck being bias against the Packers. But the last couple years Aikman has actually gotten pretty bad.

On Sunday he'll probably be crying for a roughing the passer penalty every time a Packer player touches Dak.

But then if they throw a flag if someone nails Love 4 seconds after he releases the ball, Aikman will say some **** like I wish you weren't allowed to touch the QB when I played.

Aikman overall is decent, but he can get pretty annoying during Packers games.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers