ImageImage

San Francisco Lead Up - Saturday 7:15 Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,312

Re: San Francisco Lead Up - Saturday 7:15 Fox 

Post#41 » by rilamann » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:16 am

Imagine if back in November when the Eagles were 10-1 someone said that the Packers would be playing divisional weekend and the Eagles wouldn't be.

No matter what happens from here, this has been a pretty insane season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#42 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:18 am

I don't care if we lose 40-0. This season has been a resounding success.

Obviously I want them to win or at least put up a hard fought fight but there's not really an outcome Saturday that could make me sour on this season.

Would be wild if this team does somehow make the SB and get there by going through a divisional opponent in the NFCCG after only getting in as the bottom seed on the last day of the season again.

History would definitely be rhyming if that happened

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#43 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm

RRyder823 wrote:I don't care if we lose 40-0. This season has been a resounding success.

Obviously I want them to win or at least put up a hard fought fight but there's not really an outcome Saturday that could make me sour on this season.

Would be wild if this team does somehow make the SB and get there by going through a divisional opponent in the NFCCG after only getting in as the bottom seed on the last day of the season again.

History would definitely be rhyming if that happened

Yeah..... all I want is a chance in the 4th quarter to pull out a win. That may or may not be asking a lot.

I also said something similar before the Dallas game. My thought was to show up, not get blown out and just try and hang around.

This team is something else.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:23 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=nfUwuiuIRbmuU0Ug6s2gmw&s=19

Shanahan basically calling Love a system QB is some nice bulletin board material.

I felt like that was more of a compliment to MLF and a subtle shot at Rodgers more than anything.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

- yiyiyi
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#45 » by Treebeard » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:41 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shanahan basically calling Love a system QB is some nice bulletin board material.

I felt like that was more of a compliment to MLF and a subtle shot at Rodgers more than anything.

It would be bulletin board material for Rogers, for sure. He has always had a chip on his shoulder

I don't think that Love is wired the same way as Rogers. Maybe Jordan's a volcano inside, but that surely does not show outwardly.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:51 pm

Treebeard wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

It would be bulletin board material for Rogers, for sure. He has always had a chip on his shoulder

I don't think that Love is wired the same way as Rogers. Maybe Jordan's a volcano inside, but that surely does not show outwardly.

Did you see Bosa's comments? He basically said Love is tough because he is playing within the system and going through reads perfectly. I paraphrase of course. But he mentioned Rodgers is great and a HOFer, but he would kind of do his own thing.

The dude is just slinging it around to guys like Bo freaking Melton in traffic. Do you think Rodgers would be throwing fastballs to Bo Melton, a dude from the practice squad? He would probably rather have Randal Cobbs corpse out there than throw to a practice squad guy. :lol:

- yiyiyi
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#47 » by Treebeard » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 pm

Oh yeah, Aaron has low tolerance for error, a limited tolerance for learning curve, and a long memory. I can't imagine his response to the early season drops of catchable passes, and too frequent routes run wrong. Ka-boooom
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,706

Post#48 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:18 pm

I'm not quite ready to go there just yet, but if Love comes out slinging it and moving the ball up and down the field against this Niners defense, then that certainly reinvigorates the debate over how much Rodgers' influence really did handicap the offense in some of those crucial playoff losses.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'm not quite ready to go there just yet, but if Love comes out slinging it and moving the ball up and down the field against this Niners defense, then that certainly reinvigorates the debate over how much Rodgers' influence really did handicap the offense in some of those crucial playoff losses.

I remember an interview Rodgers had with.... I can't think of who was interviewing him, but anyway...

He was very blunt in expressing his distaste for some of the new style motion and choppiness of the modern style NFL offenses. He more or less said he hated it. He pointed out how beautiful the old, classic west coast offense is and when done correctly is still his preferred way to run an offense. That right there tells you he had to have pissed on a lot of what MLF was trying to do.

- yiyiyi
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,685

Post#50 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:13 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'm not quite ready to go there just yet, but if Love comes out slinging it and moving the ball up and down the field against this Niners defense, then that certainly reinvigorates the debate over how much Rodgers' influence really did handicap the offense in some of those crucial playoff losses.

I remember an interview Rodgers had with.... I can't think of who was interviewing him, but anyway...

He was very blunt in expressing his distaste for some of the new style motion and choppiness of the modern style NFL offenses. He more or less said he hated it. He pointed out how beautiful the old, classic west coast offense is and when done correctly is still his preferred way to run an offense. That right there tells you he had to have pissed on a lot of what MLF was trying to do.

Listening to him talk about the offense in hindsight makes me that much more glad they moved on to Love lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:19 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:

Listening to him talk about the offense in hindsight makes me that much more glad they moved on to Love lol.

Yup, there it is. Thanks.

- yiyiyi
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#52 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:23 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:

It's not really a shocker that a guy who had a **** ton of success in the West Coast O would prefer to keep running it. Especially Rodgers who's precision really fits it's style. Love on the other hand really isn't suited for the WCO because timing/precision isn't really his deal.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,685

Post#53 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:

It's not really a shocker that a guy who had a **** ton of success in the West Coast O would prefer to keep running it. Especially Rodgers who's precision really fits it's style. Love on the other hand really isn't suited for the WCO because timing/precision isn't really his deal.[/url]

I don't begrudge him for having a preference in style of offense, but when your coach brings in a system predicated on motion and you go off-script a bunch or ask for less motion, eventually you're going to hit a wall. Not to take anything away from what he did accomplish in the system, but I do think he left a lot out on the field by being overly cautious with the football and ignoring the middle of the field, and not taking what this offense was giving him.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,077

Post#54 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:35 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

It's not really a shocker that a guy who had a **** ton of success in the West Coast O would prefer to keep running it. Especially Rodgers who's precision really fits it's style. Love on the other hand really isn't suited for the WCO because timing/precision isn't really his deal.[/url]

I don't begrudge him for having a preference in style of offense, but when your coach brings in a system predicated on motion and you go off-script a bunch or ask for less motion, eventually you're going to hit a wall. Not to take anything away from what he did accomplish in the system, but I do think he left a lot out on the field by being overly cautious with the football and ignoring the middle of the field, and not taking what this offense was giving him.

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,066

Post#55 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's not really a shocker that a guy who had a **** ton of success in the West Coast O would prefer to keep running it. Especially Rodgers who's precision really fits it's style. Love on the other hand really isn't suited for the WCO because timing/precision isn't really his deal.[/url]

Read on Twitter

It's very telling that the top 4 motion teams are McDaniel, Shanahan, McVay, & Lafleur

I am actually shocked Minnesota, Houston, & Cincinnati are so low considering KOC, Slowik, & Zac Taylor all come from that same tree.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#56 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:16 pm

Treebeard wrote:Oh yeah, Aaron has low tolerance for error, a limited tolerance for learning curve, and a long memory. I can't imagine his response to the early season drops of catchable passes, and too frequent routes run wrong. Ka-boooom

Not to mention crapping on his coach's system too much and going off script, usually by being delusional about his ability to escape pressure and improvise outside of the pocket like he did in his physical prime.

That said, he did buy in more in 2020 and 2021 after 3 consecutive years of decline and the Love pick (maybe?) humbled him a little. He threw a lot more short passes and they had a lot more yards after the catch, in addition to fewer drops and less pressure - although the great OL had something to do with that too. In the "trade or re-sign" arguments of spring/summer 2022, I took a lot of heat for saying that he was getting way too much credit for his last two MVP seasons and MLF, Adams, Jones, and the OL were not getting nearly enough. I still stand by that. A QB's stats need to be contextualized, as Brock Purdy has proven over and over this year - although please note that I'm not saying Rodgers didn't deserve more credit than Purdy!

Then his ego went off the rails again after the team foolishly bent over and spread their ass cheeks wide open for him in contract negotiations, and he started bitching about the system more and more while doing his own thing and sabotaging the offense. There was much less motion and creativity, and there was also the constant nagging feeling that Adams might have been the real team MVP in 2020 and 2021.

Love has been an absolute godsend.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#57 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:27 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's very telling that the top 4 motion teams are McDaniel, Shanahan, McVay, & Lafleur

I am actually shocked Minnesota, Houston, & Cincinnati are so low considering KOC, Slowik, & Zac Taylor all come from that same tree.

Some of it might be KOC working with Cousins who might be more successful with the older school stuff + backup QBs. Rookie QB (Stroud), backup QBs (Cincy) dragging things down.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,066

Post#58 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=1zicz6FYSmAZhonPCps8-Q&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Post#59 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm

I'd guess that has more to do with them being up and focusing on pass defense while the opposing team slips some runs past them.

Still a suprising stat I wouldn't have seen comming

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#60 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:55 pm

RRyder823 wrote:I'd guess that has more to do with them being up and focusing on pass defense while the opposing team slips some runs past them.

That and maybe opponents playing from behind and needing to pass rather than get 6-8 yard runs that the defense is happy to concede because it runs clock.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Green Bay Packers