Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Re: San Francisco Lead Up - Saturday 7:15 Fox 

Post#81 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:54 am

Looks like it could be a rainy night, temps in the 50's
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,340

Post#82 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:10 am

VooDoo7 wrote:ESPN using a pic of Romeo Doubs as their cover photo for their divisional round preview is something I didn't expect to see today.

On the "international edition" of my ESPN app (free app) Jordan love was the main screen under NFL news.

Headline of "Which NFL teams with QBs on rookie deals could win a Super Bowl?"
#FreeChuckDiesel
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#83 » by Isocleas2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:59 am

Only one more sleep until the Packers game!

Not sure why I seem to be so much more excited about this playoff run opposed to the more recent ones. I think it's probably the lowered expectations effect, we've already exceeded them so there can't really be a let down.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#84 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:43 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:I think it's probably the lowered expectations effect, we've already exceeded them so there can't really be a let down.

100% the case. And it is sooooo sweet. This has been one of my favorite seasons in a long long time, no matter how it ends.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#85 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:17 pm

For me, it's always the most fun when a team is up-and-coming and sizzles with the promise of years of contention in the near future. That's a little more fun than a team that is in the middle of its window of contention and a lot more fun than a team on the tail-end of contention - especially when that team clearly can't figure out the issues that undermined them multiple times when they were an inner-circle contender, or even the favorite.

Of course, expectations might be conflated with that, but even when my expectations are high for a young contender, or low for an experienced contender, it doesn't completely negate my underlying bias towards the beginning of a strong era, regardless of expectations.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#86 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:26 pm

Yeah when your team is the favorite the games up until the conference championship aren't even fun, it's just relief if they win and pain if they lose. And the pain and what ifs last forever on the losses.

If they lose tomorrow I'll be a little pissed in the moment but it won't last past that night.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#87 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:39 pm

I mean sure, but I legitimately feel bad for people who can look at the past 10-years of Packers football as a "disappointment". You saw Lions fans last week literally crying over winning a Wildcard playoff game and we've won as many playoff games in the last 5-days as they have in the last three decades. The 15-1 season was one of the most fun teams to watch ever, yet I still come across people who non-ironically bitch about how "none of it mattered" cuz we were one-and-done in the playoffs. Just accept that it's the hardest thing in pro sports to win a championship in a single elimination playoff format, and I guarantee you then won't view everything less than a Super Bowl as a "failure".
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#88 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:53 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Yeah when your team is the favorite the games up until the conference championship aren't even fun, it's just relief if they win and pain if they lose. And the pain and what ifs last forever on the losses.

If they lose tomorrow I'll be a little pissed in the moment but it won't last past that night.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Same. Except if they lose because they gave up 300 yards on the ground :lol:

Return to Green Bay Packers