ImageImage

GT: Packers at 49ers - 1/20/24 - 7:15 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Re: GT: Packers at 49ers - 1/20/24 - 7:15 - FOX 

Post#901 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:44 am

Packers record in playoff games since 2009 where the Packers out-played their opponent: 2-15

Obviously I am exaggerating, but that's what it feels like.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,503

Post#902 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#903 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:14 am

rilamann wrote:Packers record in playoff games since 2009 where the Packers out-played their opponent: 2-15

The disappointment is natural. Life is about getting knocked down 9 times and getting up 10.

9er fans were incredibly humble and complimentary. It’s a rivalry of mutual respect.

If the defense finds what it needs and Love continues to mature, skies the limit.

Go Pack Go!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,064

Post#904 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:25 am

This kinda reminds me of that 2009 playoff game in Arizona where we lost in a shootout in OT to Kurt Warner and the Cardinals. The game where Rodgers barely missed Greg Jennings on a bomb and then gave up a strip-sack TD for the loss. It was a crushing loss, but in many ways, it also foreshadowed good things to come with a young, dynamic team.

And we won the Super Bowl the next year.

There's lot to be excited about. But Barry has to go and we need to make a couple key additions to the defense (ala Raji and Claymaker) to put us over the top.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#905 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:11 am

Iheartfootball wrote:
rilamann wrote:Packers record in playoff games since 2009 where the Packers out-played their opponent: 2-15

The disappointment is natural. Life is about getting knocked down 9 times and getting up 10.

9er fans were incredibly humble and complimentary. It’s a rivalry of mutual respect.

If the defense finds what it needs and Love continues to mature, skies the limit.

Go Pack Go!

You went to the game??

I got offered a ticket and hotel room for $1k. Said no thanks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,242

Post#906 » by Sigra » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Just finished watching. I am not expert for NFL but for me it looks like Love lost confidence when that big guy from off line was injured.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#907 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:02 pm

Sigra wrote:Just finished watching. I am not expert for NFL but for me it looks like Love lost confidence when that big guy from off line was injured.

The SF pass rush seemed to get a little better after that. Zach Tom is becoming a borderline great offensive tackle. Yosh Nijman has not gotten any better over the years. If anything, he has gotten worse since he adequately filled in for Bakhtiari a few years ago.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#908 » by raysbookclub » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:08 pm

For a year when we were playing with house money, that loss still hurt. MLF said it right, that nothing is guaranteed in the future. No matter how bright the future looks. They had a game they totally could have won and didn’t. A missed 41-yard FG, a dropped interception that could have been a pick-6, two bad throws, a bad spot on a QB sneak that could have been a FG attempt. Hurts.

Good thing football’s just a meaningless distraction that definitely does not affect my sleep or haunt me with feelings of regret. Like when I totally did not think about the Seattle-GB NFCC game every night before bed for a week and totally did not wake up one morning a week later wondering if it had been a bad dream.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#909 » by jute2003 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Disappointing end to a very successful season. They're all babies and they won a playoff game and at the very least belonged on the field for the second.

They have about 47 picks in the draft and are one more year closer to clean payroll. Things are moving in the right direction.
only a fan, only an opinion
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,850

Post#910 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:09 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This kinda reminds me of that 2009 playoff game in Arizona where we lost in a shootout in OT to Kurt Warner and the Cardinals. The game where Rodgers barely missed Greg Jennings on a bomb and then gave up a strip-sack TD for the loss. It was a crushing loss, but in many ways, it also foreshadowed good things to come with a young, dynamic team.

And we won the Super Bowl the next year.

There's lot to be excited about. But Barry has to go and we need to make a couple key additions to the defense (ala Raji and Claymaker) to put us over the top.
Reminds me more of Seattle. We had the game won from start to finish. So many mistakes cost us this game. I'm devastated still... knowing we 100% should have won.

The defense got incredibly lucky with Deebo going out and Purdy not being able to throw in the rain. We got so many breaks but couldn't take advantage of a single one.

Just terrible man. I would have rather got destroyed. This is just another killer playoff loss in the life of a Packers fan.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 390

Post#911 » by LatentFrog » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:16 pm

Expectations are going to be high next year because of this run. That's almost unfortunate but it will be another good experience for this young team. With the cap situation I think 2024 could be another development year. 2025 is what I'm eyeing for a potential SB run. Keep getting better, fill in a hole or two with FAs, and go get a **** ring.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#912 » by TheProdigy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:36 pm

I'm so torn on Love. He's obviously the future, and we need to extend him ASAP. But I've watched multiple angles from that last throw and wow it was one of the worst throws/decisions I've ever seen. Possibly worse than the Favre interception when he was with the Vikings against the Saints in the NFCCG.

It looks like his vision went away in the most critical moment. He's also shown he can orchestrate an amazing comeback (Saints game), so I don't know what to make of it.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#913 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:37 pm

This was like watching a team of freshmen lose in the elite eight as heavy underdogs in a close game. I’m so proud of this team and really excited for the next few years.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#914 » by zmanishere11 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:49 pm

The season ending like it has for many years with Rodgers is ironic:

1. Love totally **** the bed in the 4th quarter (after playing like an MVP) and
2. The defense unable to come up with a stop when absolutely needed.

Missing FG's is a new phenomena - not sure how to cope with that.

Still as a Packers fan you have to be happy with the season.

Love is that guy.
Gute hit a grand slam with this draft.
1 more year of cap hell.

My core concern with the off-season is that Barry did enough to keep his job. This cannot happen.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#915 » by Mags FTW » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:09 pm

TheProdigy wrote:I'm so torn on Love. He's obviously the future, and we need to extend him ASAP. But I've watched multiple angles from that last throw and wow it was one of the worst throws/decisions I've ever seen. Possibly worse than the Favre interception when he was with the Vikings against the Saints in the NFCCG.

I'm more concerned about the short easy throws that he misses. Tonight it was the tipped INT and the one where he missed Jones on 3rd and 2.

He also had 2 early drive-killing misses in the Giant game that helped set the tone for that fiasco.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#916 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:10 pm

I don't think Love 'saw' anything on the last play, I think he just tried throwing to a spot and it was obviously a horrid decision he can learn from. He's definitely more Favre than Rodgers, Loves not perfect but I'm excited about him overall.

An underrated game changing play was Jones slipping on the first interception drive. I thought he had a running lane and at the very least it would have been a far more manageable down and distance had he not slipped.

At this point I'm kind of numb to losing dumb playoff games. On to the next

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#917 » by dbrodz7 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I don't think Love 'saw' anything on the last play, I think he just tried throwing to a spot and it was obviously a horrid decision he can learn from. He's definitely more Favre than Rodgers, Loves not perfect but I'm excited about him overall.

An underrated game changing play was Jones slipping on the first interception drive. I thought he had a running lane and at the very least it would have been a far more manageable down and distance had he not slipped.

Guy throws 20 touchdowns and 1 interception over a half season sample size in his first year as a starter and he’s more Favre than Rodgers and some aren’t sure what to make of him, are we serious right now?
Misery loves company
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#918 » by TheProdigy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:41 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I don't think Love 'saw' anything on the last play, I think he just tried throwing to a spot and it was obviously a horrid decision he can learn from. He's definitely more Favre than Rodgers, Loves not perfect but I'm excited about him overall.

Guy throws 20 touchdowns and 1 interception over a half season sample size in his first year as a starter and he’s more Favre than Rodgers and some aren’t sure what to make of him, are we serious right now?

I'm not saying he's more Favre than Rodgers. He has been awesome taking care of the ball in his first season starting. All I'm saying is in the most critical moment of the season, he threw an interception that was on par with Favre's worst interceptions. I'm still super high on Love, but I'm not sure how anyone could watch that and not be at least a little concerned that he might have an issue wilting under pressure. The whole 4th quarter was ugly.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#919 » by Swan Vox » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:44 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:This loss would be easier to swallow if we had a juggernaut waiting for us in the NFCCG. But it would've **** been either DET or TB. Two very winnable games. With a chance to go to the damn SB. In Love's first year. This could've been an absolutely magical ride that people would've been talking about for years.

You want to talk about house money? Imagine if Jordan had won the Owl in his first year starting. Honestly he could have never won another and still been lifted into the pantheon of GB qb royalty. Missed opportunity.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#920 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:58 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:

I would have said he's more Favre than Rodgers in play style even before last night. I don't even say that as a knock I just feel like Love is a little more of a chaotic playmaker like Favre where as Rodgers was always a little more cautious and precision focused.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Green Bay Packers