Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,186

OT: Pacman Jones is suspended for a year 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 pm

:o

The guy hasn't even been convicted of anything yet. The union has to appeal this and I think they'll have all the grounds in the world to do so.

Don't get me wrong; I think he's a scumbag.

But I don't know how there's any way the NFL can justify this within the spectrum of the CBA. I know they have this new Personal Conduct stipulation, but how can they make this decision retroactively?
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#2 » by Neusch23 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:34 pm

there has to be a point when enough is enough.

Everyone appeals, generally.

I expect Pacman to do the same.

One guy can make an whole league look bad, and he seems to not care at all about his employer, so the man dropped the hammer on him.

Good for the NFL, now if baseball would only wake up.
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#3 » by skitch815 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:46 am

It kind of amazes me how people seem to be thinking that this is some recent development. Like suddenly the league is going to hell in a handbasket. This kind of behavior has been going on for as long as I can remember. Why all of a sudden is there such a huge cry to do something about it?
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: OT: Pacman Jones is suspended for a year 

Post#4 » by Nowak008 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:58 am

DrugBust wrote::o

The guy hasn't even been convicted of anything yet. The union has to appeal this and I think they'll have all the grounds in the world to do so.

Don't get me wrong; I think he's a scumbag.

But I don't know how there's any way the NFL can justify this within the spectrum of the CBA. I know they have this new Personal Conduct stipulation, but how can they make this decision retroactively?

Thats what I was wondering about. Ex post facto much? Even though the union is behind this it seems that there is no way an appeal wouldn't win. Seems very unamerican if u ask me.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#5 » by DelaneyRudd » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:05 am

The sky is not falling. Out of 53 x 32 people the number getting in trouble is still low. In my opinion the NFL needs to take a strictly business like position towards it. If a player is hurting the leagues bottom line they have the right to take professional action. The NFL is selling a product and if someone causes sales to go down they should be fired. The ability to be rehired is above and beyond what the league should be expected to do. This isn't a stars league like the NBA. This is a teams league and if someone doesn't want to do their job someone else will.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#6 » by El Duderino » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:31 pm

I heard Mortonsen on ESPN say something like 80% of the players were fine with the suspensions because they were tired of trouble makers giving all the players a bad rap.
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#7 » by BuckPack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:48 pm

This is his 10th altercation with Police since WVU. 10th!!! Hell with our legal system, that is "american." what he did in LV was ridiculous.

good riddance. don't let the door hit you on the way out Pacman. maybe if you get your act together you can come back in a year.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#8 » by DigitalFool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Anybody catch the USA Today sports cover? They have pictures of like 20 some players with 'issues' in the NFL - I think it's hilarious that they put a picture of Cory Rodgers and put Packers underneath...KROB I understand, but Rodgers?

Return to Green Bay Packers