ImageImageImage

Houston Texans 2013 Preseason Thread

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Houston Texans 2013 Preseason Thread 

Post#21 » by Mr. E » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Those two did look good last night. Johnson did as well, but that fumble may have cost him.

Speaking of something costing you...who was that Texans player who did the TO salute in the middle of the field? That didn't seem to smart for a guy trying to make a team.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,192

Post#22 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Mr. E wrote:Speaking of something costing you...who was that Texans player who did the TO salute in the middle of the field? That didn't seem to smart for a guy trying to make a team.

That would be A.J Bouye, who has looked impressive throughout preseason/training camp. The fact that he did that just seals the deal for me, he better make the team!

I know it's not very professional, but still...suck taint, Dallas.

8-)
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#23 » by Nebula1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Some roster news before the official announcement

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/8/30/ ... s-still-to

Thanks to Twitter, the picture of who has made the Texans' initial 53-man roster has become clearer. It's not complete, but we know a lot more than we did a few hours ago. As you'd expect, Mark Berman leads the way.

This is a big day for linebacker Justin Tuggle. Signed as an undrafted free agent, he has made the Texans squad.
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) August 30, 2013

Texans release:FB Tyler Clutts,WR EZ Nwachukwu, S Jawanza Starling, LB Mike Mohamed, OT Nate Menkin, DE Keith Browner, TE Jake Byrne (more)
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) August 31, 2013

Texans release:ILB Cameron Collins,WR Andy Cruse,DE Delano Johnson,RB Dennis Johnson,Guard Alex Kupper, Safety Orhian Johnson,NT Chris Jones

The Texans also released center Tyler Horn & still have 7 more moves to make by Saturday's deadline with some of those players headed to IR.

Another terrific story from the Texans. Running back Cierre Wood, signed as an undrafted free agent, makes the team.

That last tweet is rather profound, what with this from Bob Allen earlier tonight:

Looks like Cierre Wood will be the 3rd Texans running back..I've learned that Deji Karim has been waived
— Bob Allen (@BobAllenKHOU) August 30, 2013

Ha. Glad I'm not the moron who wrote this earlier today:

1. I hated leaving Cierre Wood off the roster, and you know the Texans will too. Wood was fantastic last night and looks like he's a great fit for the Texans' offensive scheme. I just can't see a way that Kubes chooses Wood over Karim. If the Texans are truly scared that he'll get picked up by someone else (and they should be), they'll carry four RBs. That could happen.

That guy should probably just stop writing about your Houston Texans. He embarrasses those of us who know what we're talking about. More news from people like me who truly have the pulse of the team:

Roc Carmichael has beeen waived by the #Texans.
— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) August 31, 2013

#Texans 6th round pick, WR Alan Bonner has been placed on IR.
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) August 31, 2013

I've become a big Cierre Wood fan. With Foster and Tate having questionable health, Wood could be a very important player this season.

Return to Houston Texans