ImageImageImage

Texans Week Two - vs. Titans 9/15 12:00

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Texans Week Two - vs. Titans 9/15 12:00 

Post#41 » by Mr. E » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 pm

He is for real!

I love his demeanor on the field. Just like his big catch in that preseason game - no celebrating. No preening, no showboating. He just gives the ball back to the ref and goes back to the sideline.

I heard an interview with him a few weeks ago following that big, pre-season catch and his reply was basically "I've done nothing to celebrate yet."

I like this kid. He seems like he's in the Andre, the Great mode in how he handles himself on the field.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#42 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Yea, I am really enjoying watching him play the more I see him. I am excited to see Posey work himself back into the rotation as well, with Dre still being Dre they have some real potential.

I hope Dre is alright, I am guessing he suffered a concussion on the Pollard hit? I hope whatever it is it isn't too serious.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#43 » by Nebula1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 am

What a great game, but I'm concerned about Andre Johnson. It looked like he got knocked out on that catch which is why it slipped out at the end.

Deandre Hopkins is the real.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#44 » by zapatasblood » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 am

What a crap game what little I saw showed me once again this team has no pass rush. I had high hopes for bullock but he is now broken and it is time to return him.

Hopkins redeemed himself after he caused that int. he is good but he needs to run better routes
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#45 » by Nebula1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 pm

zapatasblood wrote:What a crap game what little I saw showed me once again this team has no pass rush. I had high hopes for bullock but he is now broken and it is time to return him.

Hopkins redeemed himself after he caused that int. he is good but he needs to run better routes

I like the resiliency shown by the team especially after multiple missed field goal attempts and interceptions. Granted, it wasn't the most beautifully executed game but Tennessee is an improved squad and I liked the fight the Texans showed. Last season, the Texans rolled over when faced with adversity.

2 W 0 L
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#46 » by Nebula1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Andre Johnson being evaluated for concussion

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Andre-Johnson-being-evaluated-for-concussion/2a8624ec-3807-4b3b-80d1-bf072617dc3d

Andre Johnson left the game in the fourth quarter, and head coach Gary Kubiak said the wide receiver was "being evaluated" for a concussion.

"He's being evaluated as we speak," Kubiak said after the Texans' overtime victory at Reliant Stadium over the Titans. "I have no diagnosis yet."

Johnson caught a 21-yard pass from Matt Schaub up the right sideline, and was hit by Titans' safety Bernard Pollard as he was coming down with the ball. He was able to run off the field a few moments later, and then jogged into the locker room without his helmet a few plays later.

Tight end Owen Daniels had encouraging words about Johnson's status.

"I talked to him and he said he was all right," Daniels said. "He wanted to go back in, but protocol is that you can't at that point."

Johnson finished with 76 yards receiving on a game-high eight catches.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had two in the game but it looked like Pollard went direct to the head
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#47 » by Nebula1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Mr. E, don't we get a Week 3 thread? :)

Return to Houston Texans