ImageImageImage

Week Four: Houston vs. Oakland

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Week Four: Houston vs. Oakland 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 am

Sigh.....

We just love pain, don't we?

OK, I'm going to try to remain as positive as possible for this week's thread. We'll see how long that lasts.

God, we suck! (held out as long as I could, fellas)

Anyway, the Texans are going to try to rebound from a forgettable game against the Jags with another home game against the Raiders. Of course, seeing as how we're 0-2 at home three games into this young season I don't know if it counts as an "advantage."

For much of last week's game the run defense actually looked respectable; but that couldn't last long. Our secondary needs some serious help as Fred Bennett and our safeties looked overwhelmed at times. Once again, Dunta needs to start showing us that he's worth more than the Texans offerred rather than tell us about it.

Cush, DeMeco and Mario continue to be the bright spots on the defense, but even they lapse at times. That last second horsecollar by Mario was unacceptable. I know that he was frustrated and felt like that if he didn't make the play then no one would (can you blame him?), but that's a BS foul and I hate to see our guys doing crap like that.

As for the offense - my god, did we miss Kevin Walter or what? He is Mr.Consistency for the Texans...now we need all-around consistency from the rest of the guys. Slaton needs to break out in this next game, and against the Raiders that is entirely possible. Shaub needs to keep spreading it around, keeping the defense on it's toes.

More constant intensity from our defense, more consistent playmaking from our offense.

Oh, and if anyone has a statue of Jobu sitting around, get him some rum and light him up a cigar!

My prediction: Texans win in an ugly game. It is easy to pick against them, but I think that they enjoy getting our hopes up and crushing us.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Re: Week Four: Houston vs. Oakland 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:06 am

All I have to say is that if we lose to a team with JaMarcus Russell as their QB, at home, well...

....yea, I am speechless just thinking about it.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#3 » by Vator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Yeah...we lose this week, not only am I off the bandwagon, I'm gonna burn it.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Mr. E » Thu Oct 1, 2009 12:42 am

Do you guys think that Frank Bush needs to go, or is he just the convenient scapegoat at the moment?

Oh, and there's talk that they'll shuffle the guys on the D-Line. What do you think? Could Barwin get a shot at starting?
- Winston Churchill
czarleon09
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by czarleon09 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:51 pm

Mr. E wrote:Do you guys think that Frank Bush needs to go, or is he just the convenient scapegoat at the moment?

Oh, and there's talk that they'll shuffle the guys on the D-Line. What do you think? Could Barwin get a shot at starting?

If our defense had ever been good I might say fire Frank but we've never had a good defense so I have trouble placing all of the blame on the new guy
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Mr. E » Sun Oct 4, 2009 5:04 pm

Here we go!

Oakland tried to get tricky right off the bat.
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Sun Oct 4, 2009 5:23 pm

OKOYE!!!!

Good to see ya, kid! :)
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#8 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 6:02 pm

Nice to see Slaton get it together and score that TD after fumbling YET AGAIN.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#9 » by czarleon09 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 6:07 pm

Behold the new and improved fumble free Jacoby Jones
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#10 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 6:10 pm

SLATON! That's what I've been waiting for!

And don't speak too soon on Jacoby, we don't want to jinx him.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 7:14 pm

WOW. Jacoby. Very nice. When he doesn't drop the ball he's amazing.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 7:20 pm

SEE. That's why I didn't want to give him love, once I do he drops another kick and almost turned it over.

STOP DOING THAT!
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#13 » by czarleon09 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 7:21 pm

Which was immediately followed by I hate Jacoby Jones
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Mr. E » Sun Oct 4, 2009 10:31 pm

2-2. One win under what I thought that we would be, but not terribly disappointing.

Of course, our two wins come against teams with a combined 1-6 record...

The highlight for me in this game - even more than Slaton waking up (more on that in a second) was Amobi Okoye getting a freaking sack!!! This line has talent, they just need to pull it together. Hell - Mario is pressuring the QB on almost every play - once Amobi, Smith or Barwin start really penetrating then we could cause serious problems for opposing quarterbacks.

Brian Cushing is a Beast. We need to just go ahead and change the team's slogan to this. I was wary of drafting him...I was wrong. 59, 56 & 54 - the Fifties boys (DeMeco, Cush & Diles) could develop into a scary unit. The only problem is the nickname - I don't like "the fifties boys," so I'm referring to them as "the greasers." You come on the wrong side of the tracks and the Greasers will mess you up!

Now we all know why I'm not in Marketing for the team...

Anyway - back to Slaton: benching him saved his season. Getting him to watch Ryan Moats come in there and take advantage of his chance like that probably cleared a few cobwebs and got Slaton re-focused. It may not be good for fantasy football players, but a rotation of Slaton, Moats and Brown is probably the best thing for this team - especially if they push each other to do better.

The Raiders....hell, guys - if we have problems then they have crises. Sad thing is for Darth Raider and the rest of Raider Nation is that it doesn't matter what personnel changes they make as long as "Undead" Al Davis is running the show they aren't getting any better.

Next week is a tough one, but I am looking forward to seeing the best wide receiver in the game go up against that Fitzgerald fella.
- Winston Churchill
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#15 » by KiDdFrESh » Wed Oct 7, 2009 5:43 pm

What an ass kicking! Granted it was the Raiders but we didn't play down to our competition like we usually do against bad teams.

Schuab was awesome.

Slaton came through finally after being benched and watching Moats produce and produce well at that...

Next week is a real test but a very winnable game.

TOP 2 Receivers in the league go head to head. Get em Andre!

Return to Houston Texans