ImageImage

Week 2 Colts @ Vikings

Moderator: Jake0890

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Week 2 Colts @ Vikings 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 pm

What a great game! Gonzo put it best when he said, "we really layed an egg the first 3 quarters." This game was just what our young guys, mainly our duct taped o-line needed. This comeback gave them some much needed experience and confidence. I think the o-line did a pretty good job considering 4 of our 5 projected starters at the beginning of the season were not playing. Not to mention they were playing on the road in a loud ass dome against an above average defense. The defense played it's usual role...bend don't break. Had they broken once and allowed a TD we prob would have lost. I am praying Bob is ok. Our special teams are terrrible. Did anyone else lose power with like 4 minutes to go? It made the game even more intense...I think the hall of fame should go ahead and save a spot for peterson
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: Week 2 Colts @ Vikings 

Post#2 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:58 pm

I'm really looking for Gonzo to break out this season and if he can post another handful of games like the one against the Vikes, I'd say he's well on his way to being our future #2 wideout (once Marvin is gone). Our O-line has some serious trial by fire going on right now with all of these unproven guys. Until they start meshing, I don't see anything but poor statistical games for Addai. Another thing that I've noticed is that people are expecting too much out of Peyton right now. I mean the guy still isn't even close to being back in game shape. What people are going to have to realize is that there is a good chance that we aren't going to look all that great for another game or two. Once our O-line either gets healthy (or these young guys mesh) and Peyton gets back in shape, we'll be back to our normal selves (running roughshod all over the league with Bob ripping off arms).
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!

Return to Indianapolis Colts