Brewers best team in Baseball.

Moderator: TyCobb

High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,093

Post#81 » by High 5 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:13 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The team with the best record in the majors is the third best team in the NL? Please, watch one brewers game. A team with as deep of a rotation as ours, a tremendous bullpen ranking 6th in the majors in ERA and timely and good hitting is not a fluke and not the third best team in the NL. Please, stop.

They haven't played the two teams I believe are better (Braves and Mets). At least wait until after this month before you start calling best in the majors or the NL. Keep saying "Best record in the majors," but there are several teams that would be just as good off with that early schedule.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#82 » by SportsWorld » Thu May 10, 2007 4:51 am

The Cubs are Brewers series is tied so far.
Don't speak too soon guys.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,446

Post#83 » by trwi7 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:12 am

SportsWorld wrote:The Cubs are Brewers series is tied so far.

Yet the Brewers are still 6.5 games ahead of the Cubs.

And please don't bring the schedule up. The Cubs opponents have a combined .490 winning percentage (which drops to .437 without the Brewers) while the Brewers opponents have a .479 winning percentage (.471 without the Cubs.)

The Brewers SOS is .492, the Cubs .491.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#84 » by Buck You » Thu May 10, 2007 2:26 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yet the Brewers are still 6.5 games ahead of the Cubs.

And please don't bring the schedule up. The Cubs opponents have a combined .490 winning percentage (which drops to .437 without the Brewers) while the Brewers opponents have a .479 winning percentage (.471 without the Cubs.)

The Brewers SOS is .492, the Cubs .491.

Owned.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#85 » by GYBE » Thu May 10, 2007 2:46 pm

And yet the Cubs are ahead in BP's adjusted standings.

The Cubs started out the year with an incredible amount of bad luck. As of April 24th they were 0-10 in extra inning or close (2 runs or less) games. Now they've improved a bit since then, but that kind of luck evens out over a season. The Cubs have statistically been better than their record shows, and it's likely their record continues to improve as it has recently. On the other hand, I'm guessing the Brewers have been near perfect in close games this year with Cordero being so great, and chances are that doesn't continue.

Of course it doesn't always work like it's supposed to, the Indians stayed unlucky for almost all of last year. But, it's likely the Cubs will be contending with the Brewers for the division.

8)
brewguru
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#86 » by brewguru » Thu May 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Don't say the Cubs were unlucky to be 0-10 in close games. You make your own luck.

Unlucky is Derek Lee walking off the field after an inning, stepping in a divot and breaking his ankle.

The Cubs just weren't good enough to win those games.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#87 » by Buck You » Thu May 10, 2007 2:58 pm

GYBE wrote:And yet the Cubs are ahead in BP's adjusted standings.

The Cubs started out the year with an incredible amount of bad luck. As of April 24th they were 0-10 in extra inning or close (2 runs or less) games. Now they've improved a bit since then, but that kind of luck evens out over a season. The Cubs have statistically been better than their record shows, and it's likely their record continues to improve as it has recently. On the other hand, I'm guessing the Brewers have been near perfect in close games this year with Cordero being so great, and chances are that doesn't continue.

Of course it doesn't always work like it's supposed to, the Indians stayed unlucky for almost all of last year. But, it's likely the Cubs will be contending with the Brewers for the division.
8)

Of course they will. The cubs basically got 2nd place locked up. The brewers and the cubs are the 2 best teams in the divison bar none. It'll be a great battle for the rest of the season.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#88 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:08 am

SportsWorld wrote:The Cubs are Brewers series is tied so far.

And the Bucks split with the Spurs last year? Your point is exactly what?

Would you rather win a season series and win 80, or get swept in a season series and win 90? That's what I thought.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#89 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 am

GYBE wrote:And yet the Cubs are ahead in BP's adjusted standings.

8)

They better get moving. Already 7 games down.

Brewers will win the division. Marquis and Lilly are pitching way over their heads and that will not continue.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#90 » by Buck4Life » Fri May 11, 2007 2:16 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They better get moving. Already 7 games down.

Brewers will win the division. Marquis and Lilly are pitching way over their heads and that will not continue.

That is not a great thing to say considering same could be said for Vargas. There are other conflicting points to prove it such as Our Ace and cleanup hitter didnt even start playing well yet and we are playing well as a team. Just think when they both start playing better and then we add additional offensive production at 3B with getting Cokie back and adding Braun. That is when some of our guys that are hot right now could afford to slow down a bit while the production is picked up at other parts of the rotation/lineup. You cant exactly say the same thing for the Cubs because when some of the guys who are playing above their heads right now for them will slow down... who will pick up for them?

Thats the value of all around depth which should help carry the Brewers at a considerably high rate for most of the season (Barring a major injury attack... AKA 06-07 Bucks :roll: ). I doubt we keep up the pace we are at right now but we should still be fine as we showed we are capable of defeating any team in the NLC and some other teams in the NL. And thats what wlite teams do... beat up on the teams you know you can and should beat. Now the only question stands is where we are among the elite and this should definitly be determined in the upcoming stretch.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,446

Post#91 » by trwi7 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:51 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And the Bucks split with the Spurs last year? Your point is exactly what?

Would you rather win a season series and win 80, or get swept in a season series and win 90? That's what I thought.

No we swept the Spurs last year. Damn I can't believe we aren't in the playoffs. :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#92 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:10 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No we swept the Spurs last year. Damn I can't believe we aren't in the playoffs. :lol:

My bad. That means we're the better team right?
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#93 » by 2poor » Fri May 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Somewhere, pigs are flying.

Brewers and Cubs 1/2 in the NL Central, HA.
BS007
Banned User

Post#94 » by BS007 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:46 pm

I don't think the Brewers will win the Divison. I just think they have enough quality, stand out players on the team. Jeff Suppan is a nice option, but not a top of the rotation guy. Sheets will get hurt again. The team will cool off.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#95 » by cam2win » Fri May 11, 2007 5:23 pm

Everyone keeps saying our record is so good cause we are beating up on the week Central. Well as of today the Cubs are 8-11 against everyone other than the Brewers in the Central. So does that mean they aren't as good as there .500 record indicates.

By the way. The Pirates, Cardinals and Astros would all be .500 or better if not for games against the Brewers.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,713

Post#96 » by ACGB » Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm

BS007 wrote:I don't think the Brewers will win the Divison. I just think they have enough quality, stand out players on the team. Jeff Suppan is a nice option, but not a top of the rotation guy. Sheets will get hurt again. The team will cool off.

Nice crystal ball Ms. Cleo.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#97 » by LUKE23 » Sat May 12, 2007 12:54 am

BS007 wrote:I don't think the Brewers will win the Divison. I just think they have enough quality, stand out players on the team. Jeff Suppan is a nice option, but not a top of the rotation guy. Sheets will get hurt again. The team will cool off.

Well, you're not too bright then. They have unquestionably the best rotation and the best bullpen in the Central. While they don't have an ARod, Ortiz, Bonds type superstar, their lineup is balanced and guys like Fielder are getting there.
BS007
Banned User

Post#98 » by BS007 » Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 am

They will be just like the Tigers of last year, except without making the World Series. The Brew Crew will lead the Central for much of the year, and then choke it away at the end and back their way into the playoffs
treyZz
Banned User

Post#99 » by treyZz » Sat May 12, 2007 2:21 am

They're a lock to make the playoffs.

The only team that could catch them is the Cubs and they're terrible.

As a Cubs fan I'm looking forward to next year already.
BS007
Banned User

Post#100 » by BS007 » Sat May 12, 2007 2:24 am

THE NL does suck, but i'd still take the Mets over the Brewers

Return to The General MLB Board