ImageImageImageImageImage

Which 2 OF Prospects would you keep out of the 3??

Which 2 would you keep out of the 3??

Total votes: 0

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Which 2 OF Prospects would you keep out of the 3?? 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Fri May 11, 2007 9:56 pm

I'd choose Carlos Gomez and King Fernando(Fernando Martinez) because well Gomez is the real deal man ... he's gonna hit for power although he isn't hitting for it yet. At 6 foot 4 this 21 year old is faster and I repeat FASTER than Jose Reyes. Here's a little info from Metsblog on him.

"He's the best center-fielder to ever step foot on Zephyr Field. He's incredible. He covers a lot of ground, he can make diving catches, it's one after another, and he's just exciting to watch. Every time the guy gets a base hit
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by holdupstop23 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:39 pm

All 3!

So tough to choose...but i'll say lasto and nando
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Fri May 11, 2007 10:43 pm

I really have a soft spot for Milledge, I really want him to do well. Seeing him hit his first home run I was instantly hooked to this guy. Then the reports came out that he was showing up late and that stuff, then this spring training they said he was focused and matured. I want to keep him.

Out of Martinez and Gomez thats a really tough choice. For me flip a coin between them. If I had to pick Id go with Gomez.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#4 » by YungNeef » Sat May 12, 2007 12:01 am

Carlos Gomez and Fernando. I would take Gomez over Milledge because I think Gomez and Reyes at the top of the order could be a deadly combo. BTW out of the 3, the one that better stay is Fernando.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,469

Post#5 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 12, 2007 7:44 am

People say crazy things about Fernando, and as Neef pointed out - Gomez might be the perfect #2 hitter for us.

If you put a gun to my head - I'd say those 2, but we all know that anything can happen. What's up with Escobar or Jay Payton? - The best bet is to see what we have in Milledge (which we might not know till next season the way Green's been playing), or, perhaps - to see who we can land in trade for Millege.

I like Millege, I think he could be a very good player.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,708

Post#6 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:People say crazy things about Fernando, and as Neef pointed out - Gomez might be the perfect #2 hitter for us.

If you put a gun to my head - I'd say those 2, but we all know that anything can happen. What's up with Escobar or Jay Payton? - The best bet is to see what we have in Milledge (which we might not know till next season the way Green's been playing), or, perhaps - to see who we can land in trade for Millege.

I like Millege, I think he could be a very good player.

Escobar is injured again. That's what I heard.

And if I remember correctly, Jay Payton is with the Orioles now but he bounced around a lot of teams, including the Rockies and the A's (I watched a Yankee game last season--blasphemy!-- and he did well that game) But I hated Payton here. He was unclutch and I felt he tried to do too much. He's very mediocre but I'd say solid. He hit a lot of fly balls because he'd try to hit it out of the park most of the time. It sucks though that he got hit with injuries in the beginning of his career. He had a lot of promise coming in.

So yea, two outfielders that showed promise for the Mets but didn't turn out well.

I'm confident 2 out of the 3 will be good though. I kinda don't like Milledge. I don't think he'd ever have the focus to be great on defense. But I don't know much about the others.

Remember Generation K. What a waste. So much potential.
chicken wing
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#7 » by chicken wing » Sat May 12, 2007 3:01 pm

it has to be gomez and fernando man these kids are the real deal
majorleads
Banned User

Post#8 » by majorleads » Sat May 12, 2007 10:31 pm

I think it's too early tell. I'd like to see how all 3 develop on defense first, before I make a decision.
majorleads
Banned User

Post#9 » by majorleads » Sat May 12, 2007 10:36 pm

I didn't realize Carlos Gomez is 6-4 and plays CF. I thought he played RF. Sheeeeet we might have to dump Carlos Beltran if he continues in a slump. :lol:

Return to New York Mets