ImageImage

Hypothetical Question

Moderator: Jake0890

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Hypothetical Question 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Thu Jul 5, 2012 1:36 am

Would you rather see the Colts play well this year, go 8-8 and miss the playoffs or stink up the joint again and land a top 5 pick in next years draft?

I ask because we obviously were terrible Peyton's rookie year and drafted Edgerrin James 4th in the draft the following year. All of of other picks would also be early in the rounds, much like this year. We would be in position to load up on young talent, which we need at multiple positions.

Alternatively, if we win 8 games the team is obviously closer to being elite than if we win 2-3 and a few top picks dont guarantee anything....thoughts?
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Hypothetical Question 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't think it really matters what we think we "should" do. It only really matters what we likely "will" do. I think that we will likely see the team go in to every game trying to win. The only question will be which games are we capable of winning rather than which games will we try and win. I honestly am not expecting miracles in Luck's first year with such a young team, so I'm expecting to see something like 3 or 4 wins.

Return to Indianapolis Colts