Colts Interested in K. Barlow 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:07 pm

Colts looking at Barlow?
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#2 » by Latrell » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:06 pm

If he'd come cheap enough why not? This kinda seems like a hit-or miss signing, if Barlow can play like the Barlow from 2001-2004 it would be a great signing, but he really hasn't been the same since then and his stats have plummeted down..His YPC has almost been cut in half--he had 5.2 ypc in his best year(he also had close to 1100 yards as a noon-starter that year) and he had 2.8 ypc last year.

I remember watching him in 2003 and he looked damn good, Im not sure he'll ever return to such form though.

But if he came cheap enough, I wouldn't be opposed to it really, he'd give you at least whatever Dominic(they're the same age too) gave you especially behind our line.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#3 » by J.Kim » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:12 pm

You guys don't think Addai could be the future back on your team? Or do you think Addai's the type of player that exceeds in an RBBC type system?
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#4 » by PR07 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:32 pm

Addai is definately the RB of the Colts' future, but in this day of the NFL, I think it is better to have another back in the stable just to keep your man guy fresh. When you look at the teams that were in the championship games last season, they all had a 2 RB attacks (Saints-Deuce, Bush; Bears- T. Jones and Benson; Pats-Dillon and Maroney; Colts- Addai and Rhodes). I'm not sure that's mere coincidence. In this day, defenders are bigger stronger and hit harder than ever before. I think it's a good idea to split the carries for your backs to keep their legs fresh for the stretch run (the playoffs) when everything is on the line. A 2 back system would keep Addai fresh and also prolong his career for a position where guys generally don't last that long.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Latrell » Fri Apr 6, 2007 9:38 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Addai is definately the RB of the Colts' future, but in this day of the NFL, I think it is better to have another back in the stable just to keep your man guy fresh. When you look at the teams that were in the championship games last season, they all had a 2 RB attacks (Saints-Deuce, Bush; Bears- T. Jones and Benson; Pats-Dillon and Maroney; Colts- Addai and Rhodes). I'm not sure that's mere coincidence. In this day, defenders are bigger stronger and hit harder than ever before. I think it's a good idea to split the carries for your backs to keep their legs fresh for the stretch run (the playoffs) when everything is on the line. A 2 back system would keep Addai fresh and also prolong his career for a position where guys generally don't last that long.

You could even argue that the league's best regular season team, the San Diego Chargers had somewhat of a 2 back system..I know LT was a statistical monster by himself but Turner was really really good too, and LT would not have reached the accolades he did had it not been for Turner IMO.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#6 » by A-Town Connection » Fri Apr 6, 2007 10:40 pm

Just my opinion, but i have a friend who is a life long 49er fan. To this day he can't stand Barlow. From what i have been told, he has all the promise in the world, but a terrible attitude. He thinks he is the number 1 back and doesnt try hard when he is demoted. I dont see us taking a player like that. If he would accept his role, i think he would be better than Dom...but i think i will trust the guy that watched him play for a few years.
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#7 » by count55 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 10:58 pm

I like Barlow's skill, but I've heard bad things about his attitude.

As far as Addai goes, he's definitely our back. But he will be so much more effective if we have someone to take 11-15 carries a contest.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Pacersin2007 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 11:03 pm

I also like Barlow as someone who can catch the pass out of the backfield and run with it very well -- a key to the Indianapolis offense.

Just my observations from the games versus the Jets and 49ers over the years.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,161

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:56 pm

I really feel like a Darius Walker could get make a lot of sense here if he's available around the 4th or 5th rounds (especially with our compensation picks). A type of guy that will work hard to earn the 10-15 touches a game (running, and catching out of the backfield) to help keep your main guy fresh all year long, while giving his all to help the team, and always bringing positive chemistry to the team.

We're gonna need a guy who puts the team first. That's the main thing, even moreso than talent I would venture to say.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Latrell » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:03 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I really feel like a Darius Walker could get make a lot of sense here if he's available around the 4th or 5th rounds (especially with our compensation picks). A type of guy that will work hard to earn the 10-15 touches a game (running, and catching out of the backfield) to help keep your main guy fresh all year long, while giving his all to help the team, and always bringing positive chemistry to the team.

We're gonna need a guy who puts the team first. That's the main thing, even moreso than talent I would venture to say.

Walker is a guy that impresses me a lot. He seems like a great character guy and seems to be very intelligent with a high I.Q....He's not the fastest or the strongest guy and is definately a tweener back but he is more athletic than I originally thought..Im not 100% sure about this but I believe he had the highest vertical leap out of any RB at the combine.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#11 » by PR07 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 1:55 am

Walker is a guy that although he doesn't have great combine measurables, he's a solid football player. The only concern I have is his blocking at the NFL level. I thought he did an adequate job at the college level and was an effort blocker, but it will be interesting to see how he manages against the Adalius Thomas's of the world.

Return to Indianapolis Colts