Rocky Returns

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Rocky Returns 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 pm

Unrestricted free agent Rocky Boiman, who could compete for meaningful playing time as the Indianapolis Colts shuffle their linebacker corps again in 2007, has returned to the Super Bowl champions with a one-year contract.

The deal, worth $635,000, came after Boiman received solid interest from at least three other clubs during the free agency period.

A five-year veteran, Boiman, 27, played in all 16 games for the Colts in 2006 after signing just before the start of the regular season, and totaled 20 tackles.

Depending on the moves the coaching staff makes, Boiman could compete for the starting job at strongside linebacker. Boiman should provide the Colts a versatile and proven veteran who can line up at any of the three linebacker spots, along with a strong special teams performer.

"Rocky really likes the scenario there,'' Alan Herman, Boiman's agent, said Monday. "He hopes to get an opportunity to play more this year. If he gets the opportunity, he'll show what he can do.''

Good deal for the Colts. Boiman is a solid yet unspectacular linebacker who could end up starting for us next season. Either way, he's a good player because of his experience and special teams play. He will definately be in the mix at linebacker.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Pacersin2007 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 pm

YES! My internet returns to life!

However, back on topic, I think this is a nice resign for us. Rocky is a real solid, late round draft pick for us -- something we've done often -- and played a good amount of time during our road to XLI. He has that "come near me and I'll stick you" attitude, which is awesome for a MLB/OLB in the NFL.

Return to Indianapolis Colts