DT Ed Johnson

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

DT Ed Johnson 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 am

He was impressve tonight and has seemingly come from nowhere to possibly becoming the starter for the Colts at DT next to Brock. What I've dug up on Ed Johnson is this:

He played his college ball for Penn State. In 2005, he missed the entire season by two violations of Penn State's housing conduct. He also missed the Outback Bowl because he violated team regulations.

Started 12 games as senior
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by ajizzle » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Well, you know how Tony and Bill love those Big Ten guys. I mean, we currently have 6 starters out of the Big Ten, depending on what lineup you have in. Sanders, Clark, Hayden, Jackson, and then either Johnson or Pitcock at DT, and either Gonzalez or Utecht oppo Dallas.

I absolutely love our secondary... and Bethea coming from an HBCU just rounds it all out for me.
pacerman06
Senior

Post#3 » by pacerman06 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:43 am

Could be a steal. So far a very good pickup. I have heard nothing but good things about him.
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by ajizzle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Well, that's the great thing about Dungy's D, is that there are so many players who wouldn't be in the L, let alone starting on a defending championship team, if it weren't for Tony's philosophy.

10 years ago, Cato June would still be a safety, and definitely not starting. Dwight would probably be an LB (and not nearly as affluent), and Mathis would be strictly a STer.

I've always loved the Cover-2, and especially Tony's philosophy behind it. And on this team, where 70% of the cap is for the offense, it has really come in handy in drafting players that other teams deem "too small."
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#5 » by PR07 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Well said, Ajizzle.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by pacerfan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 pm

ajizzle wrote:Well, that's the great thing about Dungy's D, is that there are so many players who wouldn't be in the L, let alone starting on a defending championship team, if it weren't for Tony's philosophy.

10 years ago, Cato June would still be a safety, and definitely not starting. Dwight would probably be an LB (and not nearly as affluent), and Mathis would be strictly a STer.

I've always loved the Cover-2, and especially Tony's philosophy behind it. And on this team, where 70% of the cap is for the offense, it has really come in handy in drafting players that other teams deem "too small."

Great post. I remember when Polian and Irsay sought out Tony D., Polian said he was looking mainly for a change in defensive philosophy. Hard to deny the "Cover-2" hasn't worked magic for the Colts.
pacerman06
Senior

Post#7 » by pacerman06 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:14 pm

^^^
Very true.

Return to Indianapolis Colts