Meeting Hunter Smith

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Meeting Hunter Smith 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:36 am

I met Hunter Smith tonight at BU, he gave a "speech" about what it's like to be a player in the NFL and also what it's like to have a strong faith too. He told some humorous stories like destroying these guys in a pickup football game at the beach who had no idea who he was, then how he battled w/depression at ND (his Lou Holtz impersonation is dead on). He went on to say how our society doops us into buying into this endless cycles that are supposed to provide meaning in our lives...sports...music...etc, when really the only thing is God. Briefly hit the struggles of Mike Vanderjagt in finding a job, and then wasn't allowed to comment on the Bill Belicheck spying situation in New England because Tony Dungy called the whole team and told them not to. Talked about the strong influence of Dungy as well as all the years of struggles made the super bowl win all the sweeter. Said Peyton Manning was the perfect combination of great talent and a ton of hardwork which is rare. I had him sign my ND shorts, and I got to ask him a question...so I asked him what his relationship was with Justin Snow the longsnapper (wanted to give him a question, that he didn't get often). He said they're really good friends and that they're kids play together.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,261

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:00 am

Cool. I love Hunter the Punter dating back to his ND days.

He seems like a really cool cat, and I really love that he is open with his faith, yet also doesn't force it down your throat. For a youth minister, that's the kind of example I use as a guide.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,186

Post#3 » by magik9113 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:17 am

that's really cool. He has always seemed like a good guy.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by pacerfan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Let's hope Hunter the Punter sees little action this year. :)

Return to Indianapolis Colts