Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Indy Signs QB's Q. Gray and J. Lorenzen 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 pm

The Colts signed QB Quinn Gray.
A sign they're suddenly concerned with Peyton Manning? Nah. Gray gives Indianapolis another arm to throw practice passes. PFT also got an "unconfirmed tip" that the Colts may be adding Jared Lorenzen, perhaps to challenge Gray in hot dog eating contests.

The Colts will sign QB Jared Lorenzen Thursday, reports Adam Schefter.
The Hefty Lefty isn't done yet! The Colts need another arm in camp with Peyton Manning out, but Lorenzen could have a chance to stick if they decide to carry three quarterbacks into the season. Profootballtalk reported Wednesday they were also going to sign Quinn Gray, and perhaps one of the two could make the team.

I really like these signings, and I think there's a chance one of them could make the roster. Both are very good athletes at the QB position. Gray looked pretty good for Jacksonville as a backup in Garrard's absence. Lorenzen aka the Pillsbury Throw-boy is a pretty good athlete for his massive size.
cowboys4life
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Indy Signs QB's Q. Gray and J. Lorenzen 

Post#2 » by cowboys4life » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:36 pm

both of these signings are good for the colts. but the only thing that is toying with my brian is are the colts giving up on sorgie (or how ever you spell his last name)
Trust The Process
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#3 » by PR07 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 am

I doubt it. Even if Sorgi's play stinks, I think what the Colts like most about him is that he's really smart and is kind of like another coach on the bench. I think these guys were signed mostly to take some snaps in TC and preseason, and maybe get a shot at making the team.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#4 » by Latrell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 am

From what I've seen from Gray he looked horrible for the Jags. Jags fans aren\t too fond of Gray's play either. Go on the Jags board and ask all 2 fans they'll tell you.
Kuq_e_Zi91
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#5 » by Kuq_e_Zi91 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:09 pm

Gray looked pretty good against the Skins. I wouldn't mind carrying him as our 3rd QB into the season. Sorgi looked nice also, going 7-10, the only time he got sacked was when a 3rd string TE failed to block. Lorenzen on the other hand...could have done better.

Return to Indianapolis Colts