Allen Robinson contract thread

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Allen Robinson contract thread 

Post#1 » by JaxMagic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:31 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/22/allen-robinson-says-contract-talks-with-jaguars-have-not-started-yet/amp/

According to Robinson, he and the Jags have not discussed a contract extension since last year’s training camp. It appears they will start negotiations next week in Indy.

I really hope they find a way to keep him around. He is arguably the Jaguars’ best offensive player and a huge weapon for Blake. To me, the silver lining in Robinson’s injury last year was it basically forced Blake to spread the ball around instead of leaning on ARob, which I think greatly helped Blake’s development.
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Re: Allen Robinson contract thread 

Post#2 » by dirtymike » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:35 am

I really hope they get a deal completed soon. With the emergence of Westbrook and the other receivers, our WR squad looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:35 pm

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,076

Post#4 » by UCF » Tue Mar 6, 2018 5:07 pm

It sucks to likely lose him but it’s a better move for us long term. He’s coming off major injury and WR’s are much easier to find. We can use the money elsewhere (like keeping our D together or on lineman).
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#5 » by UCF » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 am

Read on Twitter

Wish we could have kept him...
GSWarriors22
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#6 » by GSWarriors22 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

This is bad guys.
I was legit mad at the Jags for uploading the video about Cole on fb cause I knew they were trying to make Robinson leaving look ok.

The rookies have done nothing special for us, Hurns has been underperforming and now we loose our best Receiver, a legit red zone threat and the best WR on the market. I get that we wanna run the ball but Bortles is already a terrible throwing qb, now we loose a playmaker on the receiving end.

God forbid, if Fournette goes down, our entire Offense will go back to sucking and we probably wont make the playoffs because the AFC South looks strong next year.
And besides, a strong running game is good and all, but for a shot at the Superbowl you just NEED good pass play. You need a functioning 2 min offense gameplan and that doesnt work with a RB, a quaterback that is (fairly) reliable only in short passing and play action, and average receivers.
They keep Bortles, which, given the circumstances, I get, but at least keep the receiver that can make big plays for us when needed.

I was expecting that they would keep Robinson + add TE and OL through the draft, just to make our offense more versatile and less freaking predictable. Norwell is a good guard but hes also the most expensive ever, idk if this was really the way to go here.

Now they let Robinson go and our receiving core is average at best, Watkins and Robinson are off the market so there are no No1 Receivers to pursue. We are completely one-dimensional offensively. Our QB ist not a consistent passing threat, we will run the ball most of the times, having to pray that Fournette doesnt injure himself with the heavy load on his back, and hope that Bortles can complete 60% of his throws to average receivers. This is not a Playoff worthy offense.

Honestly pissed at how we threw away our shot at making some noise.

EDIT: With Norwell I now expect us to get a WR, TE and QB in the first 3 Rounds of the draft.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#7 » by UCF » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter

This is coughlin putting the run game first and that starts with the OL. We don’t need Robinson for that system to work and he’s coming off a big injury.

I see our draft going TE (rd 1) WR (rd 2) safety (Rd 3) ... if Blake doesn’t perform this year they will sign someone next year.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#8 » by JaxMagic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I was also upset that they let ARob leave but signing Norwell helps the sting a bit. I would've put the franchise tag on ARob but I do understand why they didn't want to throw that much money his way.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars