ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#101 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 31, 2007 10:47 am

I doubt the Giants give up Lowry for Farnsworth.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#102 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 31, 2007 2:46 pm

Maybe in a galaxy far, far away...
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#103 » by 34Celtic » Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

Maybe in a galaxy far, far away...

I hear in the land of Schwiffershnaffle they are looking for people who have a severe case of gopher balls. Maybe we can send farns there.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#104 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 1, 2007 8:30 pm

Zambrano and Barret on the block...

Just throwing this out there.....
Zambrano
J.Jones
Aramis Ramirez

AROD
Abreu
Clippard
Gardner
another young arm or two
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#105 » by Jitpal » Fri Jun 1, 2007 9:13 pm

34Celtic wrote:Zambrano and Barret on the block...

Zambrano
J.Jones
Aramis Ramirez

AROD
Abreu
Clippard
Gardner
another young arm or two

I would not do that. If you want Zambrano so bad, wait until the offseason and just sign him. No point in trading away assets. Plus, Zambrano isn't taking anyones spot on this team. We can't move any of our rotation to the bullpen to make room for him. So it isn't worth exploring. -Jitpal
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#106 » by edney2polynice_ » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:12 am

There is no way Lowry is traded for an aging Abreu, or even a unreliable Farnsworth.

But I do believe we could help you guys out with to interesting pieces -- Pedro Feliz & Matt Morris?

Feliz could be an upgrade offensively and defensively as a utility player, he plays an excellent 3B (almost at a gold glove level), he can also play the OF, 1B, and SS. He has good pop and always has a good amount of RBIs. If you can live with his low BA, and OBP you could have a decent guy batting in the 6-7-8 hole.

Matt Morris is probably the only current starter that we would trade.

Melky Cabrera, and 2 B-level prospects?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#107 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:34 am

edney2polynice_ wrote:There is no way Lowry is traded for an aging Abreu, or even a unreliable Farnsworth.

But I do believe we could help you guys out with to interesting pieces -- Pedro Feliz & Matt Morris?

Feliz could be an upgrade offensively and defensively as a utility player, he plays an excellent 3B (almost at a gold glove level), he can also play the OF, 1B, and SS. He has good pop and always has a good amount of RBIs. If you can live with his low BA, and OBP you could have a decent guy batting in the 6-7-8 hole.

Matt Morris is probably the only current starter that we would trade.

Melky Cabrera, and 2 B-level prospects?

nah we ain't that foolish, we know SF needs another bat Damon or Abreu could help you out here especially w/ your pitching staff high already, Farnsworth in the NL would eat bats up, he pitches better out there and the guy we're interested in and have been since the spring is Noah Lowry :)
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#108 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:42 am

34Celtic wrote:Zambrano and Barret on the block...

Zambrano
J.Jones
Aramis Ramirez

AROD
Abreu
Clippard
Gardner
another young arm or two

Zambrano FA next year and is getting tatooed in the NL
Jones has not been impressive at all and is an ok defender
Aramis Ramirez oh boy where do I start w/ him he reminds me of Soriano's laziness and is nowhere near the hitter he was in 2004
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#109 » by PR07 » Sat Jun 2, 2007 3:38 am

We need a power-RBI guy for one of our corner outfielders....if anyone knows who is available that fills that bill, let me know.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#110 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 2, 2007 3:44 am

PacersRule07 wrote:We need a power-RBI guy for one of our corner outfielders....if anyone knows who is available that fills that bill, let me know.

not even, we need a speedster a gaps hitter who puts the ball in play a creates mistakes against opposing defenses
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#111 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:20 pm

not even, we need a speedster a gaps hitter who puts the ball in play a creates mistakes against opposing defenses

So we need Ichiro.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#112 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:38 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

So we need Ichiro.

or Carl Crawford

or Chris Duffy

or Juan Pierre
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#113 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:48 pm

:love: --> Crawford

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#114 » by Jitpal » Sat Jun 2, 2007 2:59 pm

I would like Carl Crawford in here as well. Thing is, I really don't want to give up the farm for him. It wouldn't be worth it in the long run. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#115 » by 34Celtic » Sat Jun 2, 2007 5:26 pm

Icccccccchiro.....Carl Crawford would cost us more than platinum
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#116 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Sat Jun 2, 2007 6:22 pm

or Chris Duffy

or Juan Pierre

No...

Ichiro and Crawford are enticing though, I really think that gettin Crawford would emaciate our minor league pitching.

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#117 » by Jitpal » Sat Jun 2, 2007 7:54 pm

Abreu for Dye? Anyone else catch that? Ken Rosenthal said the White Sox suggested that but it never went anywhere. I'd give it a shot. The guy was an MVP candidate last year and very clutch. Plus, Dye is a free agent at the end of the year, so there are no long term ramifications. Plus, Dye can replace Giambi's bat. As long as those are the main pieces of the deal, I'd go for it. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#118 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Sun Jun 3, 2007 1:52 pm

Abreu for Dye? Anyone else catch that? Ken Rosenthal said the White Sox suggested that but it never went anywhere. I'd give it a shot. The guy was an MVP candidate last year and very clutch. Plus, Dye is a free agent at the end of the year, so there are no long term ramifications. Plus, Dye can replace Giambi's bat. As long as those are the main pieces of the deal, I'd go for it. -Jitpal

Hell yes I'm game to give it a shot.

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#119 » by Jitpal » Sun Jun 3, 2007 6:34 pm

f the Phillies are willing to try to get Mike MacDougal straightened out, the reliever could be a centerpiece in a White Sox deal for Aaron Rowand. The Phillies desperately need bullpen help and are letting teams know Rowand could be available in the right deal. The speedy Michael Bourn seems ready to move into a regular role in Philadelphia's outfield.

Mike MacDougal? Seriously? Why not Farnsworth as the centerpiece. Get it done Cashman, we need outfielders.
Link -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#120 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jun 4, 2007 2:34 am

Jitpal wrote:
f the Phillies are willing to try to get Mike MacDougal straightened out, the reliever could be a centerpiece in a White Sox deal for Aaron Rowand. The Phillies desperately need bullpen help and are letting teams know Rowand could be available in the right deal. The speedy Michael Bourn seems ready to move into a regular role in Philadelphia's outfield.

Mike MacDougal? Seriously? Why not Farnsworth as the centerpiece. Get it done Cashman, we need outfielders.
Link -Jitpal

Why would anyone want Farns....seriously

Return to New York Yankees