ImageImageImage

Henne too cautious?

MiamiNative0722
Banned User
And1: 0

Henne too cautious? 

Post#1 » by MiamiNative0722 » Fri Sep 3, 2010 2:49 pm

Throughout the entire preseason,henne has made me doubt his abilities. He's shown me that he's a little too afraid of throwing interceptions, he doesn't take risky passes at all

Cautious qb's don't make the playoffs let alone super bowls

The past couple games I have been very impressed by pennington and thigpen, last night against Dallas the game ball definetly goes to Tyler thigpen,completed multiple risky throws and threw for two touchdowns, excellent performance

My worry is that henne will be too cautious throughout the regular season, any thoughts?
UM Allstar
Ballboy

Re: Henne too cautious? 

Post#2 » by UM Allstar » Fri Sep 3, 2010 9:14 pm

Dont forget henne has played with the starter defense and Chad and Thigpen have played second string and third string defenders. so of course there stats might seem better, lets see what henne does in the regular season.
bring number 18 to miami. DO IT IRELAND!!!!!
levinsonesq
Freshman

Post#3 » by levinsonesq » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:07 pm

...the way the D played in week 1, being cautious just makes sense. Even w/ Marshall as a weapon we are not going to be running the score up - we just need to play mistake free (i.e. cautious) and let Ronnie and Ricky do their jobs!!!
Proud Member of: The Florida Bar since '09 and RealGM since '05
http://BrowardLegal.com: A Boutique Divorce & Family Law Firm
Free Phone Consult to RealGM Members - Main Office: Fort Lauderdale, FL
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,223

Post#4 » by dolphinatik » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Henne cautious? Maybe but its hard to tell. I thought our play calling is way too conservative and we could have buried the Vikes if we were more aggressive. We only used Bess once on a slant and Henne only had 5 passes in the first 1/2.

The running game was working and we won but the longer our offense stays on the field the better. Ricky had the costly fumble if not for that it was like a blowout. Ricky was in a bad spot and was tackled from behind crossing the goaline from the 1??? how does that happend?

Our play calling was too cautious not just Henne, at least he took care of the ball when he did tuck it to run.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,511

Post#5 » by twix2500 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:57 pm

You looking too much into it. Henne and Marshall are still feeling each other out. I dont mind him being cautious. We have a great running game, and we had the lead in the first two games. No need to be taking chances, just to prove a point. Also remember we played a great defense last week. Again we will be playing a very good defense this week against the Jets. Lets get our third win how ever we can, when we play some weak defensive teams then he can take chances and learn during a game. They are still trying to figure things out, but lets not lose a game doing so.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#6 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Henne is going to have to throw the ball plenty as the year goes on. He's not Dan Marino and a lot of us longtime Dolphin fans want Dan Marino 2.0 with every QB that takes a snap for us but it may not happen for a while. I think Henne if needed can be a prolific passer.
MiamiNative0722
Banned User

Post#7 » by MiamiNative0722 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Henne has to throw big tonight, new York will be a difficult win
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,406

Post#8 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Sanchez separating himself from Henne

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... from-henne
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,223

Post#9 » by dolphinatik » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Henne made some better throws this last game.. The game before he had some lame duck throws that jsut dropped and failed to reach the target. Are his hands too small??? Also he still stares down receivers and tends to zero in on one target even if they are covered. Im also not a fan of him passing to the flat.

Henne and Miami have been moving the ball in games but red zone turnovers are killing us. Im still waiting for a Miami blowout. Seems like every game is a nailbiter and I dont like that.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington

Return to Miami Dolphins