ImageImageImage

Miami Dolphins Thread

Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Re: Miami Dolphins/Marlins Thread 

Post#181 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:and if this preseason couldnt get any worse, Jake Long just injured his knee in practice. Not known if its serious.

SMH. Let's hope it's minor and he can be ready for Game1, otherwise, Tannehill will only be able to run backwards to get away from the pass rush. At least with Long, he can run to his left. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#182 » by Vertical Limit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Devone Bess and Richard Marshall (you know, that guy who replaced Vontae apparently) injured as well.
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#183 » by This IsMy House » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Besides the upside of Tannehill in the future is there a SINGLE positive thing for the Dolphins right now? It seems like theyre the bad news express.
I Stand With The []_[]!
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#184 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Devone Bess and Richard Marshall (you know, that guy who replaced Vontae apparently) injured as well.

Marshall injured? Perfect. Can't do much worse than him in coverage.

Bess injured? FML. Who the hell is Tanny throwing the ball to? I hope Philbin decides to sit him out next game. No point wasting him out there without Long or a competent receiver. PEACE.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#185 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

This IsMy House wrote:Besides the upside of Tannehill in the future is there a SINGLE positive thing for the Dolphins right now? It seems like theyre the bad news express.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nothing to look forward to other than maybe actually working towards getting the #1 pick in the draft this time. However, we'll find a way to **** that up too. PEACE.
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#186 » by This IsMy House » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:
This IsMy House wrote:Besides the upside of Tannehill in the future is there a SINGLE positive thing for the Dolphins right now? It seems like theyre the bad news express.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nothing to look forward to other than maybe actually working towards getting the #1 pick in the draft this time. However, we'll find a way to **** that up too. PEACE.

:lol: :lol: So true they always find a way to win a couple of pointless games that end up hurting them in the draft. Just blow the season get the 1 pick and figure things out. They have a lot of draft picks this year so they better make the best of them.......oh wait Ireland is in charge NEVER MIND(Unless Philbin says "You do as I say")
I Stand With The []_[]!
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#187 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 am

Watching my recording of Hard Knocks. HBO totally cherry-picked that Falcons game footage. Completely omitted Naanee dropping about 4 or 5 passes on his own. Meanwhile, they highlighted Chad's one drop in the first game. They completely omitted Marshall's (#31) ineptitude on defense, while highlighting Tae's PI foul. I like that they talked about our running game looking solid, but only showed us running to the left side of the line.

I know they don't want to make the franchise look bad, but they're missing the big picture in their coverage of this episode. The two biggest player changes this season have resulted in two borderline retards starting in their place. Marshall in the secondary and Naanee on offense. They've also overlooked the fact that Philbin was using our best cover guy as a nickelback.

You can look at those moves in a vacuum, but when you frame it properly, it looks like utter stupidity unfolding. Meanwhile, the Colts plan on using Tae as a lockdown corner. I'm gonna actually laugh my ass off when Tae has a field day on our wideouts. I can see him ripping us for a couple picks when we visit Indy this year. I won't even be mad. We **** deserve it. Just like we deserve Brandon Marshall having a field day on us if we meet next year.

I like how Ireland notes that he wasted a 1st on Tae, yet settles for a sack of nickels in return. Why? Why not. Common sense eluded him long ago. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#188 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Well honestly for being the mediocre team that we have been for 1.5 decades now, the rule book has always been enforced against us cause our team has been garbage throughout those years. Won't be shocked if the referees let Vontae do what Revis is allowed to get away with now that Vontae is in Indianapolis

That PI call that Vontae had the other day, was a typical Revis play that Darrell gets away with in New York but won't get away with if he was a Dolphin.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#189 » by Vertical Limit » Sun Sep 9, 2012 8:32 pm

Well we sucked. Any chance Lebron can play quarterback for us and Wade at receiver?
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#190 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

I love that Naanee had no catches on the day, and while Dre lit us up for over 100 yards receiving. Meanwhile, Moss, Braylon and Marshall all had better receiving days than Naanee...or pretty much everyone but Hartline. Some really stupid personnel decisions.

The good news is that outside of 6 minutes in the 2nd, we played a competitive game against the Texans. If Tanny can get his throwing motion right, so he doesn't get his passes swatted all day, then we can do a lot better. His turnovers were the big problem today. PEACE.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,231

Post#191 » by dolphinatik » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm

obviously myself and most of Dolphin nation didn't like the Vontae trade as he was a typical aggressive corner the Dolphins have been famous for. I think Naanee is a good receiver the problem is Tanny does not look off his main read. I like that he kept firing and we didn't over run the game. Eventually it will all slow down for him and he will see the other receivers. Our offensive line especially the right side needs a ton of work. I don't know if that rook is going to be ready but its not just him on that side. Apart from that Tanny needs to play better in the pocket, he is not a short QB but has had problems getting his ball batted since before preseason. He might need more initial elevation on his throwing motion but that is correctable.

I know Moore would have done better but this is the direction management wants so I pray it works out. Cant wait to see if our adjustments are effective in week 2.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#192 » by DefenseWins » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Banned User
And1: 536

Post#193 » by 420 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't mind our team sucking as we're playing young players that can improve and have potential (if they pan out) to lead us to a SuperBowl.

What I can't tolerate is sucking while playing our vets instead of rebuilding.

With that said, the Dolphins would be wise to leave Tannehill (sp) in and go through the growing pains until he pans out or until they can draft another QB with potential.

It's not like they were going to win this year, anyway.

DefenseWins wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/j-j-watt-says-picked-dolphins-snap-count-010804250--nfl.html

the hell
The Lolphins ©. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#194 » by Pimpwerx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Tanny needs to keep playing. If we thought he was a better draft bargain than moving up for RG3, then I say tough it out. Let him learn on the job. We might win a game or two more with Moore, right now, but this is a move for the future of the team. Of course, I now have serious reservations about Ireland's ability to scout talent. Tannehill might just end up like so many of our other picks...a bust. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#195 » by Vertical Limit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:52 pm

You can't put Tannehill on potential bust pick just because Ireland drafted him. I hate Ireland but when you watch videos of Tannehill, the guy has it.

Tannehill can make all the throws on the list. All of them. He's got all the intangibles to be a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Arm strength, accuracy, mobility, IQ, effort, etc. You have to surround him with talent though, it can't just be him alone. If we're going to do Tannehill like the Texans did to David Carr, a guy who had sky limit talent but no pieces around him, then yes Tannehill will bust.

We need to get Tannehill some receivers and tight ends, period. He needs two big time receivers. And the rest will take care of itself.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#196 » by Vertical Limit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 pm

In other words, if he busts, it's a collective bust from Ireland to Philbin and Sherman for not putting talent around him and developing him properly.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#197 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:54 am

Vertical Limit wrote:You can't put Tannehill on potential bust pick just because Ireland drafted him. I hate Ireland but when you watch videos of Tannehill, the guy has it.

Tannehill can make all the throws on the list. All of them. He's got all the intangibles to be a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Arm strength, accuracy, mobility, IQ, effort, etc. You have to surround him with talent though, it can't just be him alone. If we're going to do Tannehill like the Texans did to David Carr, a guy who had sky limit talent but no pieces around him, then yes Tannehill will bust.

We need to get Tannehill some receivers and tight ends, period. He needs two big time receivers. And the rest will take care of itself.

I'm not down on Tanny, I'm just floating the idea. Ireland's done nothing to instill confidence in his ability to scout or draft, so should this one **** the bed too, we shouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, first home game tomorrow. Gonna get my free cap. :D PEACE.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#198 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Just back from the Phins win! Nice win. I'm not getting too high, since the Raiders are especially bad this season. However, a few things of note:

1. Reggae Boosh continues to run the ball well. The line blocked well, but he did a lot of work too. He's putting some nice points for my fantasy team a second year in a row.

2. It looks like the coaching staff finally noticed what I did in the first preseason game. I complained bitterly about Richard Marshall's terrible coverage, and he hurt us again to start the game today. They sat him and put Nolan Carroll in for him. It immediately made a difference in our defense. Let me say it again...RICHARD MARSHALL IS GARBAGE! We should never have traded Vontae.

3. Tannehill looked solid. We rolled him out of the pocket more this game than last, and it helped. He throws very well on the move. I think he's looking like a good pick so far.

4. Hartline would be Welker-esque in the slot. The guy just gets open, and he can catch the ball well. If we'd kept Marshall and either signed Braylon or held onto Chadcinco, we'd have a really damn good passing game. We'll do well against **** defenses like Oakland's but he's not gonna get that kind of separation against better teams. He's still someone we need to hold onto in the coming seasons.

Oakland is a really bad team. I feel sorry for my mom and their other fans. It must be tough watching your team get blownout by us. On to the Jets. J-E-T-S suck suck suck. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#199 » by Vertical Limit » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm

If Chad had anything left he wouldn't be unemployed right now. No one wants him.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#200 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 am

Vertical Limit wrote:If Chad had anything left he wouldn't be unemployed right now. No one wants him.

He is still better than Naanee.

That would be Legedu Naanee of 0 catches for 0 yards in the first 2 games of the season. Whereas Hartline, who missed all preseason and training camp with injury, has 12 catches for 161 yards in the same stretch.

You can't tell me Chad was worse than a guy who has done nothing to help the team. He's unemployed for a reason, but we're dragging around dead weight for no reason.

I wouldn't mention a washed-up receiver if our roster wasn't stacked with guys who are worse than a washed-up receiver. PEACE.

EDIT: To put it in perspective, Naanee produces less for the Dolphins than Joel does for the Heat on one of his many empty-statline nights. That is simply unacceptable.

Return to Miami Dolphins