ImageImageImage

Free Agents That Could Sign With Us(and Signed)

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,607

Free Agents That Could Sign With Us(and Signed) 

Post#1 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Feb 7, 2010 4:33 am

Well...... So far Torry Holt seems like a gamer.... can't see why sighning him would be a problem???\
Any thoughts? Lee Evans is another option..... I guess we will see..
CaneFlash
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Free Agents That Could Sign With Us. 

Post#2 » by CaneFlash » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:24 am

No on Torry Holt. He is too old and we need a No. 1 WR. Our squad is already replete with 2s, 3s, and 4s. We don't need another one. Going into an uncapped year and with the new CBA negotiations going nowhere. A lot of unrestricted FAs are becoming restricted FAs, which would limit Miami's options at finding a legit WR other than maybe through trades.
Welcome to Wade County
Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User

Post#3 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Tory Holt is no longer anything more than a #2 or #3 WR. We have a plethora of those (Bess, Hartline, Ginn, Camarillo). We need a big play guy capable of being a go-to target. The only player out there (without compensation) capable of doing so might be Antonio Bryant. Forget about Marshall because this regime, whether I agree with it or not, won't give up high draft picks for players. Vincent Jackson also goes nowhere.

I also don't think Lee Evans is a free agent or too available via trade?
JSB
Sophomore

Post#4 » by JSB » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 am

Miles Austin? Could he be a bust or you think he could actually help out and be number 1?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#5 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:34 pm

JSB wrote:Miles Austin? Could he be a bust or you think he could actually help out and be number 1?

I don't we are getting Miles Austin so it really doesn't matter.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#6 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

I really think we can get Anquan this year. I think ARI will get rid of him for like a 2nd or 3rd rd pick. They already have Doucet who shown during the playoffs that he can play.

Another guy I would like is Brandon Marshall but I've heard its doubtful we can get him.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#7 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 am

Yeah way doubtful. Antrell Rolle could fill the free safety void but how much better is he than Gibril Wilson?
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#8 » by heat4life » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Yeah way doubtful. Antrell Rolle could fill the free safety void but how much better is he than Gibril Wilson?

Antrell Rolle is a TRUE Free Safety. Gibril Wilson is more of a Strong Safety and well, he sucks. If Rolle is available, I would go sign him to a nice "home discounted" deal. The dude is not the best Free Safety out there but he gets what our secondary doesn't... lots of turnovers.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
JSB
Sophomore

Post#9 » by JSB » Mon Mar 1, 2010 1:27 pm

I hope we get Rolle as well so we can be back to INT D like good ol Pat Surtain and Sam Madison Sammy Knight days :)
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#10 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Mar 1, 2010 3:47 pm

Rolle is at the top of my wishlist for free agents. Looks like AZ is going to release him.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#11 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 5:35 am

I have Dansby and Jamal Williams atop of my list. Jamal Williams could come in and give us another NT to use in the 3-4(If we get Jamal, we wont have to waste an early pick on a DT). Also, If we get Dansby, we then draft Rolando McClain, our LB core goes from below average to very very solid.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 6:12 am

Antrel Rolle went to the Heat-Lakers game Thursday night (good distraction) and is getting ready for the start of the madness. Me too.
about 1 hours ago via web

Omar Kelly

According to the Palm Beach Post, free agent QB Chad Pennington is expected to re-sign with the Dolphins.
Pennington doesn't have a deal in place yet, but he's expected to return to Miami "barring something crazy." Even considering Pennington's strong relationship with the Dolphins' front office, it's surprising that they would bring him back with Pat White and Tyler Thigpen also under contract. The obvious inference is that Thigpen will be available in trade.

Palm Beach Post
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#13 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Mar 5, 2010 4:14 pm

We have made an offer to Dansby? Outstanding! I hope we get him!
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#14 » by Flash3 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 1:51 am

We got Dansby!

Per ESPN:

ESPN's John Clayton has more details on Karlos Dansby's lucrative contract with the Miami Dolphins.

Dansby never has been selected to a Pro Bowl, yet he becomes the NFL's highest-paid inside linebacker with a five-year deal worth $43 million. That's more than Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis gets paid.

Clayton adds the contract will pay Dansby $27 million within the first three years.

We made him the highest ILB? lol
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by GameTime_3 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:37 am

Flash3 wrote:We got Dansby!

Per ESPN:

ESPN's John Clayton has more details on Karlos Dansby's lucrative contract with the Miami Dolphins.

Dansby never has been selected to a Pro Bowl, yet he becomes the NFL's highest-paid inside linebacker with a five-year deal worth $43 million. That's more than Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis gets paid.

Clayton adds the contract will pay Dansby $27 million within the first three years.

We made him the highest ILB? lol

Good Signing. I thought that our LB Core was one of the weakest in the league. This also allows us to draft a NT(Dan Williams) or Wr(Dez Bryant). Karlos Dansby FTW!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#16 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Mar 7, 2010 6:07 am

If we can steal Rolle away too that would be sweet. Go with Bryant in the draft. I think Bryant or Spiller are our main targets now.
JSB
Sophomore

Post#17 » by JSB » Sun Mar 7, 2010 6:28 pm

Rolle gone. Dansby IN. Thank god for G. Wilson gone lol
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by GameTime_3 » Sun Mar 7, 2010 6:40 pm

Shaun Roger NT? Jamal Williams? Or do we draft Dan Williams?
Lconte17
Senior

Post#19 » by Lconte17 » Sun Mar 7, 2010 9:21 pm

I'd sign Jamal Williams over drafting Dan Williams. I'd hope Bryant falls to us in the draft. and Second or third round id aim to draft Myron Rolle since we couldnt sign Antrel. Dansby is a hell of a pick up, so i say if Bryant isnt there, and we can get McClain, we would have gone from a weak LB core to one of the best.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#20 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Mar 8, 2010 12:39 pm

I've kept Myron Rolle on my radar. He's going to be a steal for whoever gets him.
Not really high on Dan Williams but I do like Jamal Williams, and Shaun Rodgers as options if available. Looks like we are bringing in Ryan Clark Monday to talk.

Return to Miami Dolphins