Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,673

Offseason Changes 

Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Patriots seeing staff upheaval

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk ... f-upheaval
So far, linebackers coach Pepper Johnson has resigned, offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia has retired and tight ends coach George Godsey has gone to coach the Houston Texans’ quarterbacks for Bill O’Brien. Godsey played quarterback at Georgia Tech when O’Brien was an assistant there.

Meanwhile, Josh McDaniels is back on the Browns’ radar, as I’d been told he would be even after McDaniels publicly spurned their overtures when the Patriots were still alive.

Free agent analysis: Edelman makes sense for Pats

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk ... sense-pats
Pay Edelman like you do Amendola and you’re basically paying two No. 2 receivers what you would pay a No. 1 elite receiver. OK. But how much more diverse does your offense become? You have two guys who can get open at will against zone but are not as adept against man coverage. They are not exceptional red-zone threats or vertical threats because of their size, catch radius and stride length.

You’re getting two for the price of one No. 1 but still not getting the skill set a No. 1 brings.

Patriots potential contract restructure candidates

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk ... candidates
As the start date of the NFL's new year and free agency approaches (March 11), the difficult personnel decisions facing teams around the league are coming more clearly into focus.

Thanks to a list compiled by Rotoworld's Evan Silva, we can take a closer look at players who may be candidates to be released or have their contracts restructured.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,673

Re: Offseason Changes 

Post#2 » by Parliament10 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Caserio interviews for Dolphins GM job

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk ... ins-gm-job
Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio interviewed for the Dolphins GM job on Friday.

The 38-year-old has worked his way up the ladder in New England since 2001, serving as a coaching assistant, scout and wide receivers coach before taking on a more prominent role in making personnel decisions alongside coach Bill Belichick.

If Caserio were to take the job in Miami, he would represent the latest move in the recent exodus from the Patriots' Gillette Stadium offices. Earlier this week, offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia retired, linebackers coach Pepper Johnson announced he would not be returning to the organization, and tight ends coach George Godsey left to take a job in Houston as the quarterbacks coach under new head coach Bill O'Brien.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#3 » by Geoffrey P » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 am

They need to cut this bargain bin player bullcrap. Brady's going to be 37 for crying out loud. Spend some damn money for once because I'm pretty sure everyone is getting sick of losing in the AFC championship when they have one of the best QBs of all time and they're out there signing guys like Amendola and Leon Washington.

I think that the defense is alright at this point but I'm worried about Talib staying healthy. The secondary is a lot better with him in there but if he can't stay on the field then they have a problem. Get a TE that can be productive. Hooman and Mulligan aren't going to cut it and who knows what's up with Gronk at this point.

Another WR might not hurt either. Screw Amendola, keep Edelaman. I'm not sure what they do with Boyce/Thompkins/Dobson because of how sporadic their playing times were.

Blount SUCKED against the Broncos but man he's worth keeping just because you get to see a RB who's bigger than most LBs run the ball :lol:
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#4 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Feb 3, 2014 11:19 am

Geoffrey P wrote:They need to cut this bargain bin player bullcrap. Brady's going to be 37 for crying out loud. Spend some damn money for once because I'm pretty sure everyone is getting sick of losing in the AFC championship when they have one of the best QBs of all time and they're out there signing guys like Amendola and Leon Washington.

I think that the defense is alright at this point but I'm worried about Talib staying healthy. The secondary is a lot better with him in there but if he can't stay on the field then they have a problem. Get a TE that can be productive. Hooman and Mulligan aren't going to cut it and who knows what's up with Gronk at this point.

Another WR might not hurt either. Screw Amendola, keep Edelaman. I'm not sure what they do with Boyce/Thompkins/Dobson because of how sporadic their playing times were.

Blount SUCKED against the Broncos but man he's worth keeping just because you get to see a RB who's bigger than most LBs run the ball :lol:

Geoffrey, you seem to understand football a lot.. So here are my thoughts and correct me if I'm wrong:

I think the Pats need 1 more good pass rusher, as u wrote they need Talib to stay healthy, with him the secondary looks above average...

Do you think the Pats should call Tony Gonzalez, I know the guy will be 38, but these last 2 seasons he was great and age didn't seem to be a factor(he was okay even this year when ATL sucked). If they can't convince Gonzalez to play, then maybe take a look at Jemichael Finley, watched him a few times always liked him..

Pats should make a play for Fitzgerald and keep Edelman on a reasonable contract. Fitzgerald will be really good on this team, Edelman was the best receiver on this team...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:52 pm

Well I know the basics :lol:

Whether or not its Gonzalez I think they need a decent TE. Gronk is awesome but the problem is him staying on the field. I'm sick of the Pats going bargain bin shopping because all they're doing is pissing away the last few years you have with a HoF quarterback (and can we please settle this now, Manning is a regular season QB and a choker).

I've been bitching about this secondary for years now so yea I wouldn't mind another pass rusher. I still think they need better guys back there though. That pudge muffin Dennard isn't always gonna cut it.

Im not asking gor them go break the bank even though it would take A LOT to do that but damn. Im sick of these guys going for Ras-I Dowlings and Leon Washingtons. I'll have to look at a list of FAs and everything when I get home.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#6 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:35 pm

If the pats somehow get Fitzgerald and retain most of their players you're looking at 18-? again. Easily IMO. Brady with gronk, Fitz, Edelman and that stacked defense. Oh boy...
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#7 » by sunshinekids99 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 5:17 pm

I would love for the Pats to get Fitz, but I don't understand it from the Arizona point of view.

I would have Brady beg and plead to Tony Gonzalez that he come play in New England.
Cut Amendola, there is a 2 mil cap hit I believe, but it ends up being something like 500K for the third year.
Resign Edleman
Sign Roddy White
Do something either via FA or draft about the guards on this team...just horrible play from Connelly and Mankins wasn't much better.
Need to fix Vince's cap hit and extend him.
Resign Talib.
Draft good hopefully for Oline, a bigger safety, and a pass rushing de.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:45 am

Wait, Roddy White's a FA? If so then why is fitz the talk, get that guy in here. Younger and really talented.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by sunshinekids99 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 10:42 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:Wait, Roddy White's a FA? If so then why is fitz the talk, get that guy in here. Younger and really talented.

Sorry to get your hopes up. I had the wrong year for White, he has one more year with the Falcons. He is 32, but I'd give up a pick to get him.

My new plan is to sign Eric Decker.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Geoffrey P » Wed Feb 5, 2014 6:19 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... ree-agents
Decker, Maclin, Nicks, Sanders, Tate, James Jones, Boldin, McCluster, Cooper, Jacoby Jones

I think it'd be easier for them to convince Gonzalez to come to the Pats, especially of how the Falcons season went.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Feb 6, 2014 1:16 am

sunshinekids99 wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:Wait, Roddy White's a FA? If so then why is fitz the talk, get that guy in here. Younger and really talented.

Sorry to get your hopes up. I had the wrong year for White, he has one more year with the Falcons. He is 32, but I'd give up a pick to get him.

My new plan is to sign Eric Decker.

Wow he's older then I thought. I like Nicks and Decker this year.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Geoffrey P » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Looks like Gonzalez is a no go. Joining CBS pregame
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Geoffrey P » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Pats release Gregory. Never liked him anyway.
Dennard goes to 60 days of jail then 200 hours of community service
Cooper gets 5 years/$25 million. What's that mean for Edelman?

Majority of drafts have the Pats taking a DT or TE with their first pick
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Mar 2, 2014 7:29 pm

If the Pats can get Byrd from Buffalo to fill that safety spot I'd be very happy.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 am

Hope the Pats can get Talib for a reasonable price but there's going to be teams out there that are willing to pay him big money despite his injuries. Grime got 4 years/$32m so I'm assuming he'll want something around that. There's a lot of Revis/Pats talk though
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Geoffrey P » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 am

Talib gets 6 years/$57 m with 26 guaranteed from Denver. Holy crap. I hope they have a plan because that Logan Ryan/McCourty/etc backfield isn't gonna cut it. Quit dicking around like they always do and get some players for once.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Best line so far is, "their best CB is in Jail"

they need to do something. I want Revis obviously, but it ain't happening. Give me DRC or Finnegan along with other solid signings guys like LaFell and Woodyard (who visited), and I will be okay.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by sunshinekids99 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm

I'm tired of the Patriotway. Brady has a minimal window. Go get Revis. Go get Emmanuel Sanders and Nicks. Go get a pass rusher. Then draft the crap out of Oline and draft a big hitting safety.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Geoffrey P » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:Best line so far is, "their best CB is in Jail"

they need to do something. I want Revis obviously, but it ain't happening. Give me DRC or Finnegan along with other solid signings guys like LaFell and Woodyard (who visited), and I will be okay.

Is that so?
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... d-patriots

:lol:
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:15 am

Glad to eat my word Geoff. Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New England Patriots