ImageImageImageImage

Trade the 28th?

Moderator: Parliament10

U2larkin04
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Trade the 28th? 

Post#1 » by U2larkin04 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:13 pm

I say trade it... maybe for a second rounder a third and a few later round picks? I don't know if that would be too much, but I feel we could fill our needs later in this draft or trade up... but where we are I don't think we really need both 1st's
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#2 » by wetsthebed » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:54 pm

You can never have too many first round picks. There's no reason to trade down. We have plenty of draft picks as it is with all the compensatory picks.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#3 » by sunshinekids99 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 11:30 pm

As westthebest said they really don't need any extra picks. But I'm sure if they don't like someone at 28 they will move out of it. I expect this team to move up in the first down rather than move down.
U2larkin04
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by U2larkin04 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 11:58 pm

I actually made a mistake while typing this, I meant to include on how Bill loves to trade for picks for future picks... Maybe he'd trade one for some future seconds or something, I could just see him doing that...
happykooner
Senior
And1: 1

Post#5 » by happykooner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:05 pm

I would love to see us package both picks and go into the the top 10 and pick Laundry(sp) from LSU or get calivin Johnson
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#6 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:23 pm

happykooner wrote:I would love to see us package both picks and go into the the top 10 and pick Laundry(sp) from LSU or get calivin Johnson

Awhile ago, that idea would be crazy. But with every rumor that I hear, it seems like all pioli has to do is say yes...

-Redskins rumored deal has us trading asante and 24 for springs and there 6.

-Lions are rumored to want to move out to take gaines adams lower in the draft.

Now if pioli could pull that redskins deal. The pats would have the 6th, and the 28th. Which he might be able to spin those two picks to detroit, and get the second overall pick to get johnson.

BUT with all that being said. It wont happen. There are many obstacles to go through in order to get something of that magnitude, done.

Anyway, after looking at the scouting profiles on NFL Network OnDemand. I would like to keep those two picks we have. I really am starting to like anyone who will be around when we pick. Beason, Nelson, Griffin, Posluzny, etc...

Return to New England Patriots