And1: 6

Samuels is mad- wants to be traded 

Post#1 » by alwayslovetheceltics » Thu Apr 5, 2007 11:38 am

Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#2 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:56 pm

The Clements deal effectively killed any chance the Pats had at signing Samuel for fair value. Let him walk; the Pats have more important holes to use that extra money to fill.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:58 pm

And, unless you
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
U2larkin04
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by U2larkin04 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:28 pm

This sucks...
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#5 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:00 pm

It does suck, but like BBJ said, a long term deal for samuel was doomed after clements signed that ridiculos contract. At least the term Hold-out wasnt mentioned. But if it does come to that point, what do you think we could get for him?
captain_cheapseats
Starter
And1: 1

Post#6 » by captain_cheapseats » Thu Apr 5, 2007 10:14 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:And, unless you
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri Apr 6, 2007 1:54 am

Sorry for misleading with my post; the point I was trying to make was, outside of Denver, very few teams play their corners in strict isolation a majority of the time. With most modern zone defensive schemes, the role of a CB isn't what it used to be; you can get away with having two merely above-average corners instead of an All-Pro or two and not have to worry about your defense lagging.

I'd go as far as to say in New England the safeties play a much more important role in the defense than any one corner does.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri Apr 6, 2007 1:57 am

My main gripe with Samuel is that he likes to gamble far too much for his own good. This past season it worked out well; he conned QBs into throwing his way a great deal and to great success but how much of that is luck and how much skill? He's not good enough (yet) to make a career off of deception and I don't know if he will ever be. I sure don't want to pay that much to find out.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Apr 9, 2007 5:54 am

I would let him walk. The Pats have been successful, plugging draft picks and free agents into spots and having them work out. He was great in the playoffs. But this was a contract year. Im still unsure if hes a top 5 corner in this league(not the clements is).
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#10 » by sunshinekids99 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 10:20 am

Don't worry Asante was not a top 5 corner even last season. While I'd like to see him around at that price it makes no sense.

Maybe they can move him to move up in the draft or to get a younger less proven corner.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#11 » by wetsthebed » Mon Apr 9, 2007 11:32 pm

sunshinekids99 wrote:Don't worry Asante was not a top 5 corner even last season. While I'd like to see him around at that price it makes no sense.
Samuel might be one of the most overrated players in the league. I say we cash in while we can and try to get a top 10 pick out of it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#12 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:19 pm

Did anything new happen with samuel today? ESPNEWS Hotlist said "Samuel Demands to be Traded." I want to know if the espnews story was late, or something new broke. Because if samuel is really pushing hard for a trade, then maybe that skins deal has a chance.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#13 » by TheCelticTruth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:04 pm

samuel has NOT demanded a trade, he has demanded MOVEMENT on the negotiation front and a trade if the patriots will not sign him. seeing as how the patriots have not decided to not sign him, and he hasnt given up hope of signing here for the money he wants, saying he has demanded a trade per se is grossly inaccurate

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"

Return to New England Patriots