Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 450

Re: All about the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 

Post#241 » by Grang33r » Tue May 21, 2024 12:38 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
It’ll be my 27th of 28 consecutive years. I missed 2 years ago when my daughter was born just before race day. It’s a high holy day for me and my family. :lol:

wow. I have a friend in western NY who has been to i believe 25. So not far behind you. Thats wild.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,854

Post#242 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue May 21, 2024 12:00 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
It’ll be my 27th of 28 consecutive years. I missed 2 years ago when my daughter was born just before race day. It’s a high holy day for me and my family. :lol:

wow. I have a friend in western NY who has been to i believe 25. So not far behind you. Thats wild.

Dad went to 49 before he died. My uncle went to almost 60 before he died? Still got a ways to go in our family to be upper half :lol:
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#243 » by Grang33r » Fri May 24, 2024 3:49 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Dad went to 49 before he died. My uncle went to almost 60 before he died? Still got a ways to go in our family to be upper half :lol:

wow lol thats impressive
Pacers Forever
Veteran
And1: 829

Post#244 » by Pacers Forever » Mon May 27, 2024 12:53 am

Scoot who were your groups drivers you were cheering for ?

We were wanting Larson to do well and Daly to do good, and a first time winner so O’ward became our choice to pull out the win. We don’t follow Indy car closely anymore but didn’t want Dixon to win after seeing him not give Hunter Reay room to correct and not being penalized.

Newgarden winning was ok. I always feel good if Foyt or Carpenter racing do well.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#245 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 27, 2024 4:41 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Scoot who were your groups drivers you were cheering for ?

We were wanting Larson to do well and Daly to do good, and a first time winner so O’ward became our choice to pull out the win. We don’t follow Indy car closely anymore but didn’t want Dixon to win after seeing him not give Hunter Reay room to correct and not being penalized.

Newgarden winning was ok. I always feel good if Foyt or Carpenter racing do well.

Good question! We’re big Indy at watchers/supporters, so we had a lot we love. Pato was far and away a clear favorite of our group. Not a lot of love for Newgarden with us with his handling of the cheating scandal (he should have just admitted it instead of trying to go high and mighty and explaining it away). Ferrucci is respected, much like Newgarden, but not liked. As a Scoot McGroot, I’m partial to a Scott McLaughlin. Will power is loved. Being from Noblesville originally, Daly is supported. In the race, I started to really support Rasmussen as he had a wildly impressive drive. We like or love a lot of the drivers, so it’s a fun day overall for us.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 29, 2024 2:57 pm

Checked in on the new GLeague arena while I was in town. Steel skeleton is just starting to go up. Lots of ground work yet to go.
Tom White
Starter
And1: 973

Post#247 » by Tom White » Wed May 29, 2024 3:17 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Checked in on the new GLeague arena while I was in town. Steel skeleton is just starting to go up. Lots of ground work yet to go.

Guess you could just call it The Ant Hill for now?
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 224

Post#248 » by JMaster5K » Wed May 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

So does that make us members of 'the colony'?.... If Coach Boucek were take over,.. would she get the title of 'Queen'?.... o0 :crazy:
Pacers Forever
Veteran

Post#249 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 30, 2024 9:47 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

So does that make us members of 'the colony'?.... If Coach Boucek were take over,.. would she get the title of 'Queen'?.... o0 :crazy:

I hope she stays put and takes Carlisle’s job in due time.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#250 » by Grang33r » Fri May 31, 2024 12:47 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Awesome, thank you!
Pacers Forever
Veteran

Post#251 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 1, 2024 8:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jYPPXwUlm02fAaE9rSSACw
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#254 » by Wizop » Sat Aug 3, 2024 6:20 pm

I assume he will be an ant

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#255 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 3, 2024 7:31 pm

Wizop wrote:I assume he will be an ant

Read on Twitter

He’s not an exhibit 10, reportedly. So, a camp tryout/body?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#256 » by Wizop » Sat Aug 3, 2024 8:27 pm

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Veteran

Post#257 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Aug 3, 2024 10:38 pm

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

In the article 6’8” Swider’s numbers are better than Kendall Brown’s numbers in the G league, summer league, and NBA. Looks like he has an advantage shooting and possibly rebounding. Of course the Pacers will be looking for defense. Could be a better developmental pick up as he has been with the Lakers and Heat.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#258 » by JMaster5K » Sun Aug 4, 2024 5:43 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

In the article 6’8” Swider’s numbers are better than Kendall Brown’s numbers in the G league, summer league, and NBA. Looks like he has an advantage shooting and possibly rebounding. Of course the Pacers will be looking for defense. Could be a better developmental pick up as he has been with the Lakers and Heat.

This summer has felt like the focus of the FO/Team has been altered a bit? Like they are not valuing 'longer term potential' as much as last year & are valuing players with a clear path to being parts of the rotation? Yes, Mathurin, Walker, Shep have longer term potential, but they also have rotation value now & the heat is on for them to show they belong in the rotation, by the end of the regular season, this year?

With that revised focus,... it seems more likely to me that guys like Freeman, Furphy, Q, Tristen would be prioritized because they have a clear path to playing time. It might be part of the deep bench, playing time might be small, but they have specific skills to work that would make them playable, if needed, in an NBA setting. I think that's the problem with K.Brown,... He has so much potential,... but so many things that would have to improve, that he has no real path to helping the team now, while he develops the rest?

(The opinion,... mine included, that he didn't show any real development in any of the areas in which he needed to grow this summer, just adds more push to moving him on?) If any of this is right, it would explain the Swider signing,... and probably means that Swider has the benefit of the doubt over K.Brown?
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#259 » by JMaster5K » Sun Aug 4, 2024 5:44 pm

From Miami Herald after the Heat's first summer league game:

Swider was the Heat’s leading scorer on Saturday, finishing the summer league opener with 17 points on 4-of-6 shooting from three-point range in 26 minutes. “This guy is an absolute animal behind the scenes in terms of working,” Bisaccio said of Swider after the loss. “He’s a workhorse, he does everything we ask. Just today, I think his presence out there was something that was really good. So make or miss, he was still able to get us into some actions.” Swider’s combination of size at 6-foot-8 and standout three-point shooting makes him an intriguing developmental prospect.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article289808334.html#storylink=cpy
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#260 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g

Kyle Mangas returning to the Ants on an exhibit 10 after playing with the Lakers in summer league. He’s returning from a summer ankle injury.

Return to Indiana Pacers