Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#241 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:40 pm

tocooks wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:Marvin Johnson just got 7 million per year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the heck is Marvin Johnson?

lol, I meant Marvin Williams. my bad.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
MNPacersfan
Junior
And1: 14

Post#242 » by MNPacersfan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm

It appears that Boozer is going to be amnestied any minute now. Any thoughts as to which team may break out the Booze?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#243 » by Jake0890 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:27 pm

PG is saying that he's working on his post game and being more physical this off-season. Could be a good move, getting away from those fadeaway jumpers.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#244 » by Jake0890 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Saw this and thought it was pretty cool. Past and present Pacers:

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#245 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Boston signed Christian Watford to a training camp deal. Unlikely to make the roster, but will probably end up in their NBDL team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:14 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -Barcelona

Looks like Erazem Lorbek might actually come stateside.

His rights are still owned by San Antonio, as he was included in the draft night Kawhi to San Antonio deal.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#247 » by pacers33granger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:51 am

The Blazers declined their option for next year on Thomas Robinson. Could be a decent guy to look at in free agency next offseason to replace Scola. We've had decent success utilizing Mahnimi, who is also an athletic big with generally low IQ.
laydo
Junior
And1: 2

Post#248 » by laydo » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:20 am

pacers33granger wrote:The Blazers declined their option for next year on Thomas Robinson. Could be a decent guy to look at in free agency next offseason to replace Scola. We've had decent success utilizing Mahnimi, who is also an athletic big with generally low IQ.

To replace Scola, I'd prefer to bring back Lavoy Allen, or Tyler Hansbrough.

BTW, any chance for the Pacers to land Andre Iguodala?
GSW used to be a trade partner with IND.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#249 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Dec 8, 2014 2:00 am

laydo wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:The Blazers declined their option for next year on Thomas Robinson. Could be a decent guy to look at in free agency next offseason to replace Scola. We've had decent success utilizing Mahnimi, who is also an athletic big with generally low IQ.

To replace Scola, I'd prefer to bring back Lavoy Allen, or Tyler Hansbrough.

BTW, any chance for the Pacers to land Andre Iguodala?
GSW used to be a trade partner with IND.

Yes, Lavoy. No Hansbrough.

As for Iggy, it's just really hard to match salaries in a trade. They have no use for George Hill, so it'd probably take David West's salary, but while he's an upgrade on Lee, they can't take on West without moving Lee too.
gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#250 » by gipper08 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Nuntius wrote:
gaspar wrote:
Plumlee’s rapid progress has earned the Suns’ starting center job with rookie Alex Len and Slava Kravtsov backing him.

“Miles Plumlee’s progress is a big reason we did this trade,” McDonough said about his fourth trade since July. “Miles was a big part of the deal we did with Indiana (also getting Gerald Green and a pick for Luis Scola). Our coaching staff has been very pleased with Miles. He’s improved ever since he left Duke and a lot in the short time he’s been with us.”

That's great. I will be rooting for Miles :D

Hello, It will not let me PM, Perhaps I don't have enough posts? No, I do not post anywhere else on basketball.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,369

Post#251 » by Nuntius » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 am

gipper08 wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
gaspar wrote:

That's great. I will be rooting for Miles :D

Hello, It will not let me PM, Perhaps I don't have enough posts? No, I do not post anywhere else on basketball.

Oh, ok. I was just curious :lol:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#252 » by Wizop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Star says we're one of several teams talking to Celts about Rondo. don't want to send them any picks and matching salary might be tough but talking is good.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jan 8, 2015 5:41 pm

Mikwaukee is waiving Nate Wolters to sign Kenyon Martin. I'd claim Nate. Also signed to non guaranteed minimum next year.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#254 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:24 pm

Cavs waived A.J. Price too.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#255 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:27 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Mikwaukee is waiving Nate Wolters to sign Kenyon Martin. I'd claim Nate. Also signed to non guaranteed minimum next year.

Who do you waive though? I'd be all in favor of picking up Wolters and waiving Sloan so we're guaranteed to have a steady third point guard next year but I doubt management does it.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 9, 2015 7:03 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Mikwaukee is waiving Nate Wolters to sign Kenyon Martin. I'd claim Nate. Also signed to non guaranteed minimum next year.

Who do you waive though? I'd be all in favor of picking up Wolters and waiving Sloan so we're guaranteed to have a steady third point guard next year but I doubt management does it.

Shayne. And then I'd look to deal CJ Watson for a 2nd or something down the stretch.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#257 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jan 9, 2015 7:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Shayne. And then I'd look to deal CJ Watson for a 2nd or something down the stretch.

With how much CJ's been injured and the amount of PGs out there idk if someone would give us anything for him. Plus some guys like Jameer Nelson should get bought out soon and be on the market. I mean, who really needs a backup PG at this point? I guess Houston maybe could use him, but they seem to be looking for a starting PG so they can have Beverly off the bench (plus it'd be tough for them to match salaries probably). The Pelicans are the only other team I can find that may need a backup PG, but we'd have to take back useless salary (i.e. Salmons).
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#258 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 9, 2015 7:13 pm

Salmons is fine. Heck, give me Withey too, and I'll give up a 2nd. I'll waive Salmons after that.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#259 » by pacers33granger » Fri Jan 9, 2015 7:57 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Salmons is fine. Heck, give me Withey too, and I'll give up a 2nd. I'll waive Salmons after that.

I don't think Wolters is worth essentially just paying Salmons 2 mil to go away (well the prorated portion of 2 mil at least) plus his salary. So at best that's about 2 mil for Wolters and leaves us with no real backup PG (Sloan is still a third stringer imo and so is Wolters) and getting nothing out of the development we've already put into Whittington (even if that is minimal). Plus it's never smart to make a move premised on the hope that we can make a future move, it's entirely possible no one wants Watson. And I doubt the Pelicans give up Withey for a 2nd (and we'd have to send someone out to stay at 15 then too).

Sloan has had some nice statlines this season and has played admirably, but I really do not want to see him back next year so I'd rather just waive him and not just hope we can balance the roster later. He's going to be looking for backup PG money, which will be an overpay. He's not a good passer and still has weak handles. His shot is terrible. He's 27 so will not likely be improving much at this point. He continues to overdribble and his court vision leaves a lot to be desired.

Sure 10 ppg, 4 rpg, and almost 5 apg look like some nice stats, but that doesn't take into account that he's shooting below 40% and has control of the ball all the time he's in the game.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#260 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 9, 2015 8:02 pm

I think claiming Wolters is worth moving Watson for a 2nd. Or just waive him. I don't care. I doubt Watson is back next year. He's a role player that bounces around. I like Wolters as a developmental guard who can already give you some backup minutes. Between him and Sloan, we're fine. If we could use Watson to get a guy like Withey, even if it costs us a 2nd or two, I think we'd come out ahead altogether, even if we have to eat Salmons' salary.

Return to Indiana Pacers