Playoffs on the line his week

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

cubsflan24
Freshman
And1: 4

Playoffs on the line his week 

Post#1 » by cubsflan24 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 am

Obviously on the line this week. Just look who we play: At Nets, At Celtics, VS Hornets, and VS Heat. The 5 teams trying to get the final 2 spots in the East. Pacers can win all 4 I think we will be going to the playoffs. Have to go at least 3-1 to give us shot going into the last week and 1/2. Huge win tonight though against the Mavs.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Re: Playoffs on the line his week 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:34 am

It was posted in the GB, but I think it comes down to this.

3-1: Playoff time
1-3: End of Season

Exciting times, really.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#3 » by pacers33granger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:42 pm

At this point we'd all obviously like to make the playoffs, but even if we don't Id still call it a successful season all things considered. No we won't get a top pick and likely won't win a series. Still, the team consistently fought hard, we had some development from the few young guys we have (Rudez isn't young, but a rookie), and we know what direction the team is heading still.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

pacers33granger wrote:At this point we'd all obviously like to make the playoffs, but even if we don't Id still call it a successful season all things considered. No we won't get a top pick and likely won't win a series. Still, the team consistently fought hard, we had some development from the few young guys we have (Rudez isn't young, but a rookie), and we know what direction the team is heading still.

Yup. We found out a lot this year.

A Hibbert/Ian combo can be a top notch center rotation.
Lavoy Allen is a legit big man in this league.
Damjan Rudez can be a contributor in some fashion in the NBA.
Solomon Hill is a solid rotational piece and can play SG and SF in this league, at least defensively.
George Hill is a long-term piece that HELPS this team.
Etc.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#5 » by Miller4ever » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Yeah, I don't know what it is (maybe a great deal of it is coaching) but a potential 9th seed finish doesn't feel like the holding pattern it was a few years ago.
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#6 » by Clutch31 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 2:42 pm

The loss against Brooklyn was one that could cost us a playoff spot. Do you guys think we're going to make it or not ?
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Re: Re: Playoffs on the line his week 

Post#7 » by pacers33granger » Wed Apr 1, 2015 3:15 pm

Clutch31 wrote:The loss against Brooklyn was one that could cost us a playoff spot. Do you guys think we're going to make it or not ?

At this point its not looking good. But that's fine. Hopefully Bird can make s good pick (or we have some lottery luck for once in franchise history)
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#8 » by Wizop » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:04 pm

looking at Draft Express, I don't see a big drop off in draft quality from the low lottery to the low playoffs. Kaminsky is more in range if we miss, but I don't like the fact that he has no left hand. Dekker and Grant look to be available a little lower and I think they'll both be good choices. I don't know anything about the foreign players they have going in this area though.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#9 » by pacers33granger » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:34 pm

I don't know too much about the prospects in the draft right now, but I think even at 10-12 we should have a shot at someone nice. The only issue I see is that the guys who may drop a few spots to us are wings like Johnson, Hezonja, Oubre, etc. which we don't really need (though I do hope we go BPA). Would love if WCS dropped to us so we'd have insurance if we couldn't afford Ian once he expires and to have the option to go in a different direction that Hibbert if it doesn't work. I know little of Turner, but he's got some maturity issues that we'd likely shy away from.

I'd love to be able to nab another late first from someone, but don't know what we could offer. The end of the draft seems to be where the non-top PGs and PFs will be going and we could use prospects at both those positions.

Return to Indiana Pacers