Is this becoming M Turners team?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Is this becoming M Turners team? 

Post#1 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 am

PG has been good but has underwhelmed for the most part thus far this season in terms of being a superstar unstoppable force. Is it time to make Myles option one to play through and allow Paul to play a more complementary role? Im beginning to concede that Paul isnt a superstar. I believe that Paul would play better if Myles was more the focal point of the offense similarly to how the 7 seconds or less Suns had Stoudemire as the focal point and everyone else killed you because of how good he was. I believe Myles can be used similarly in the pick and role/pop offense. Thoughts?
Jaekast
Sophomore
And1: 55

Re: Is this becoming M Turners team? 

Post#2 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 am

you guys didnt make a game thread for the wiz game.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:05 am

*crickets chirping*
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#4 » by SBM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:08 am

lmao, Myles is not a 1st option and nothing special. It is time to concede that Paul George and everything else worth something on this team should be traded though.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 am

SBM wrote:lmao, Myles is not a 1st option and nothing special. It is time to concede that Paul George and everything else worth something on this team should be traded though.

What? Turner has shown more talent and been more productive than most of the players drafted above him. And he's got a lot of time to get even better. :crazy:

I really, really despise the whole mentality of tanking that's so prevalent among a very vocal minority of fans. If your team isn't loaded to the point of unfairness like Cleveland is, then you might as well pack it in and trade everyone and try to lose, right? No.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by SBM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 am

boomershadow wrote:
SBM wrote:lmao, Myles is not a 1st option and nothing special. It is time to concede that Paul George and everything else worth something on this team should be traded though.

What? Turner has shown more talent and been more productive than most of the players drafted above him. And he's got a lot of time to get even better. :crazy:

I really, really despise the whole mentality of tanking that's so prevalent among a very vocal minority of fans. If your team isn't loaded to the point of unfairness like Cleveland is, then you might as well pack it in and trade everyone and try to lose, right? No.

Keep Myles Turner but understand he is not special, and not a true 1st option. Trade Paul George because he is not a superstar but will want to be paid like one. Trade everyone else you can after you trade George. I don't consider that tanking.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:37 am

Game 57
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:29 pm

GAME 57 HAPPENED WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT. IT NEEDS TO BE DOCUMENTED. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:30 pm

M.I.A. GAME 57: THE LOST GAME. (FIGURATIVELY & LITERALLY)
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Jaekast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:44 pm

:nonono: AREA 51 :noway: WHO SHOT JFK :noway: JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS :nonono: GAME THREAD 57 :nonono: BIGFOOT :noway: ILLUMINATI :noway: FEDERAL RESERVE :noway: LIZARD PEOPLE :nonono:
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,720

Post#11 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:PG has been good but has underwhelmed for the most part thus far this season in terms of being a superstar unstoppable force. Is it time to make Myles option one to play through and allow Paul to play a more complementary role? Im beginning to concede that Paul isnt a superstar. I believe that Paul would play better if Myles was more the focal point of the offense similarly to how the 7 seconds or less Suns had Stoudemire as the focal point and everyone else killed you because of how good he was. I believe Myles can be used similarly in the pick and role/pop offense. Thoughts?

In fairness in the Suns and 7 seconds or less Nash was the focal point. That is why he won the MVP.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#12 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:20 pm

SBM wrote:
boomershadow wrote:

Keep Myles Turner but understand he is not special, and not a true 1st option. Trade Paul George because he is not a superstar but will want to be paid like one. Trade everyone else you can after you trade George. I don't consider that tanking.

Fantasy basketball.
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#13 » by SmashMouthRod » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
SmashMouthRod wrote:PG has been good but has underwhelmed for the most part thus far this season in terms of being a superstar unstoppable force. Is it time to make Myles option one to play through and allow Paul to play a more complementary role? Im beginning to concede that Paul isnt a superstar. I believe that Paul would play better if Myles was more the focal point of the offense similarly to how the 7 seconds or less Suns had Stoudemire as the focal point and everyone else killed you because of how good he was. I believe Myles can be used similarly in the pick and role/pop offense. Thoughts?

In fairness in the Suns and 7 seconds or less Nash was the focal point. That is why he won the MVP.

Stoudemire was more of the go to guy than Nash. Nash did a great job attacking to get everyone easy looks and creating for himself; thats how he won MVP. But specifically In year one with D'Antoni, Stoudemire had games with 30+,40+ and even a couple games with 50 or more points. Id say that definitely suggests that he was the focal point of the offense.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#14 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

Stoudemire was more of the go to guy than Nash. Nash did a great job attacking to get everyone easy looks and creating for himself; thats how he won MVP. But specifically In year one with D'Antoni, Stoudemire had games with 30+,40+ and even a couple games with 50 or more points. Id say that definitely suggests that he was the focal point of the offense.

Agree to disagree. Staud was great no doubt. Still think Nash is the straw that stirred to drink that makes me think he was the vocal point. Just like how they are using Harden this year. I believe it's a PG system. But to your point a stretch big can thrive in it.
chube
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#15 » by chube » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:25 pm

It seems like people (not necessarily on this board, but Facebook and wherever else) think that if we trade Paul, we are getting back an equally elite player. But what recent trades for a top player in his prime have actually brought back good value? (So I'm not counting when Boston traded an aging Pierce or when a broken-down Rose got traded.)

OKC got a mediocre-at-best return for James Harden (and only recovered because they had Durant and Westbrook, Orlando hasn't made the playoffs since the 5 years (likely and counting) since trading Dwight Howard, Boston looked good trading Rondo only because a thrown-in player (Jae Crowder) wound up being the prize, Minnesota hasn't been to the playoffs since trading Kevin Garnett and Kevin Love, and the list goes on.

The only exception is when New York got fleeced by Denver for wanting the golden boy Carmelo Anthony.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#16 » by boomershadow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 pm

All the Paul George trade talk is about an entire year too early tbqfh if it were to even happen at all.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#17 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm

so at this point, would you like us to return to January form and be a factor in the playoffs, or fall off a cliff and wind up in the lottery?
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by SBM » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Wizop wrote:so at this point, would you like us to return to January form and be a factor in the playoffs, or fall off a cliff and wind up in the lottery?

This team is all about Paul George so falling off the cliff and hitting the lottery will not help keep him. Plus, I don't think we can fall off enough to get a top 3 pick.
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 457

Post#19 » by Cresy06 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Just finish the season as a 6th seed, take the Wizards to a Game 6 or 7 (with PG being a Beast like last yr against the Raps).

THEN, this Summer, please take a decision to either trade PG or keep him...the problem with keeping him is building a team around him, there is just nothing out there! Except Butler but I doubt we can offer a better package than Boston, and they are clearly interested!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:23 am

Not as long as PG is here. I have no idea what your mean "underwhelmed."

Return to Indiana Pacers