Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Re: Unofficial 2017 Off Season Thread 

Post#81 » by pacers33granger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:10 am

SBM wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
SBM wrote:
I can not go back and forth with people that are delusional. You are delusional if you think you can just skip over Holiday's extensive injury history. He also had a worse PER than Teague, worse WAR. Not better in anyway all things considered.

Stop dodging the actual question. What teams actually need a PG and would make sense to go after Teague? The market is not there for older non-elite PGs.

And this year Jrue missed all of like 3 games with turf toe to injury. The rest were because his wife had brain cancer. He was totally healthy this season. Bottom line is that there have been multiple reports of teams already willing to offer Jrue the max (NOP and Philly) and none for Teague. He's younger, a better defender, and more versatile overall. He has more value on the market right now.

LOL, anyone offering Jrue a max contract is a fool. The guy probably played less than half of the games allowed during his previous contract. Next, Dragic signed a 5 yr contract for about $90 mill at a very similar age as Teague. So, all this old talk you spew is just you and your hate. Its one thing to say, I would let Teague walk and another to sit here and hate while basically defaming someones name.

Again, you're dodging the actual question. The fact of the matter is that NOP will offer Jrue a max and there have been multiple reports of other teams mulling max offers for him. Hasn't been a single report about other teams goign after Teague. That's just facts and nothing more.

And seriously, defaming his name? By saying he's an average PG? By saying he's in his prime and teams like Philly have zero reason to go after someone at that age? Beyond that you clearly have no idea what the word defamation means as truths cannot be defamatory, nor can pure opinions.

And I wouldn't let him walk because we're screwed without him. Best case scenario is to use his cap hold to sign someone else and then go over the cap to sign him.

But seriously, give me a team where it would make sense to go after Teague. I've been waiting for awhile now and I've laid out my opinion on the matter and the teams I feel may pursue him.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#82 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 am

It's good for us to be only bidder for Teague.

Sent from my 831C using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,717

Post#83 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 pm

8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:A mistake to play Ellis??? What better option did we have?

Last year there probably wasn't much choice. This year? I've never seen a team show so much patience with bad play. I quit counting the open 3's he turned down. It would be tough to gauge whether he was worse in the Playoffs this year or last.

More minutes for Joe Young, Glen Robinson CJ or Lance would have been a better option.

Joe Young? C'mon man.....
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#84 » by SmashMouthRod » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:A mistake to play Ellis??? What better option did we have?

Last year there probably wasn't much choice. This year? I've never seen a team show so much patience with bad play. I quit counting the open 3's he turned down. It would be tough to gauge whether he was worse in the Playoffs this year or last.

More minutes for Joe Young, Glen Robinson CJ or Lance would have been a better option.

There were people saying the same thing up here when I said that GR3 should play more. You never know what you got until you put them on the floor. Look at how many teams missed out on Hassan Whiteside or Jeremy Lin
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,717

Post#85 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:44 pm

SmashMouthRod wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
8305 wrote:

There were people saying the same thing up here when I said that GR3 should play more. You never know what you got until you put them on the floor. Look at how many teams missed out on Hassan Whiteside or Jeremy Lin

I guess I should have illustrated my point more. Everyone here and rightfully so has *itched about how small we are in the back court. Then we are going to throw Joe Young out there?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#86 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm hearing knowledgeable people expecting a PG trade this summer.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#87 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:56 pm

pacers33granger wrote:If we don't resign Teague, then who even goes after him? Teams with cap are either set at PG or rebuilding. I guess maybe Denver could, but other than that I'm not seeing much.

Dallas, Sac, New Orleans, Knicks, maybe teams that lose their point guard in Free Agency. Lowery is a Free agent, George Hill, Chris Paul has a PO. Depending what happens there could be a lot of moving around.

I think if the Pacers told Teague we want you back here's what we can give you but we'll have to renounce first because we're signing this guy, if he wants to be a Pacer he'd be ok with that.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#88 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
SmashMouthRod wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I guess I should have illustrated my point more. Everyone here and rightfully so has *itched about how small we are in the back court. Then we are going to throw Joe Young out there?

I liked Joe coming out of college, but he is small. He's suppose to be 6'2'' but he doesn't look that tall, and he's kinda slight in his build looks like Aaron Brooks. If the roster is gonna be 17 next year I'm ok with keeping him Niang and Christmas and sending them to the Ants for a year. I'm not sure any of them will ever be an nba player.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#89 » by 8305 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Wizop wrote:I'm hearing knowledgeable people expecting a PG trade this summer.

Well the one thing I know, Pacers can't lose PG in the summer of 2018 while getting nothing in return. And, the moves teams typically make appease a star like PG just make the situation worse. He certainly hasn't done anything to hurt his value since the trade deadline. If you can get a high pick in this draft and another good young prospect you've got a nice jump start on a rebuild. They would have something to sell.
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by 8305 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Wizop wrote:I'm hearing knowledgeable people expecting a PG trade this summer.

Well the one thing I know, Pacers can't lose PG in the summer of 2018 while getting nothing in return. And, the moves teams typically make appease a star like PG just make the situation worse. He certainly hasn't done anything to hurt his value since the trade deadline. If you can get a high pick in this draft and another good young prospect you've got a nice jump start on a rebuild. They would have something to sell.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#91 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm

8305 wrote:f you can get a high pick in this draft and another good young prospect you've got a nice jump start on a rebuild.

or two or three picks without a prospect so PG goes to a competitive situation - preferably in the West.
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by 8305 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Wizop wrote:
8305 wrote:f you can get a high pick in this draft and another good young prospect you've got a nice jump start on a rebuild.

or two or three picks without a prospect so PG goes to a competitive situation - preferably in the West.

If he is traded it would be nice if were to the Western Conference however, I just can't see a better trade partner than Boston. Contending team coupled with assets to burn. I just don't see anyone else being in that strong a situation.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#93 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

8305 wrote:If he is traded it would be nice if were to the Western Conference however, I just can't see a better trade partner than Boston. Contending team coupled with assets to burn. I just don't see anyone else being in that strong a situation.

if they'd give up all of their hoard of picks and wouldn't need to trade a long, big contract back.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#94 » by One Love » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm

I am one of the minority on the Lakers board that would offer one of the pick, Russell, Ingram with Randle, Zubac or Nance for PG than try to sign Holiday (LA kid) in FA... I just don't think we could trade Russell & Ingram for a one year rental... It sounds like he would like to play in LA but things change... Would you guys entertain the deal... Laker fan in peace...
SmashMouthRod
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#95 » by SmashMouthRod » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 am

One Love wrote:I am one of the minority on the Lakers board that would offer one of the pick, Russell, Ingram with Randle, Zubac or Nance for PG than try to sign Holiday (LA kid) in FA... I just don't think we could trade Russell & Ingram for a one year rental... It sounds like he would like to play in LA but things change... Would you guys entertain the deal... Laker fan in peace...

Honestly I would prefer Ingram and Russell for George over any Boston or Philadelphia package.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#96 » by Wizop » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 am

The league has said they'd announce the all pro teams before the draft. If pg makes third team, we'll try to keep him with supermax contract. If not, we'll talk to Lakers and Boston and more.

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#97 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey Pacers fans, I've been discussing a PG for McCollum trade for a while and this is what I would do if I was the Birdman:

Trade George, Ellis, Jefferson to Portland for McCollum, Evan Turner, #15, #20, Portland 2018 1st(top-3 protected)

I would let Teague walk.

Draft Ivan Rabb at #15, Terrence Ferguson at #18 and OG Anunoby at #20.

You provide Portland with what they need in PG, veterans off the bench and taking on salary while getting a future All-Star in McCollum and 3 first round picks. You build around McCollum and Myles Turner as your foundation guard and bigman then draft as many talented forwards as you can get your hands on.

What do you think?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by 8305 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Hey Pacers fans, I've been discussing a PG for McCollum trade for a while and this is what I would do if I was the Birdman:

Trade George, Ellis, Jefferson to Portland for McCollum, Evan Turner, #15, #20, Portland 2018 1st(top-3 protected)

I would let Teague walk.

You provide Portland with what they need in PG, veterans off the bench and taking on salary while getting a future All-Star in McCollum and 3 first round picks. You build around McCollum and Myles Turner as your foundation guard and bigman then draft as many talented forwards as you can get your hands on.

What do you think?

That's a fair offer. In a perfect world I'd say keep the 2018 pick and give us Crabbe rather than Turner. But if you were that close I guess it would get done.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#99 » by pacers33granger » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Hey Pacers fans, I've been discussing a PG for McCollum trade for a while and this is what I would do if I was the Birdman:

I would let Teague walk.

What do you think?

It's a good offer, but I see no way we ever have Turner again. He was a malcontent while here and ruined team chemistry (not all on him, but he was selfish in his short time here). There was good reason that Bird had zero interest in bringing him back even on the 3 mil or so deal Ainge gave him.

Personally I wouldn't even take him on a vet min if Portland waived him. He's a net negative player imo and his play in Boston/Portland hasn't changed that for me.

That said, I'm sure it could just as easily be Crabbe in there.
Joshumitsu
Senior
And1: 56

Post#100 » by Joshumitsu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am

I know emotions are high but chances are very unlikely the Pacers are going to get a fair deal if they trade Paul George. And even if they don't trade PG, they're only going to lose him given everything that has been seen/heard the past few days (ex. tired of losing to Lebron, rumors to LA, etc).

It's really a lose-lose situation. In that sense, the Pacers will have to take whichever course of action hurts the least.

Imo, this is Austin Rivers+1st rounder, Blazers three 1st rounders+Crabbe, and whatever the Rockets can offer.

The hope for the Pacers would be for Boston to get the #4 pick and be incredible unsatisfied with that to warrant a trade for Paul George. Otherwise, any team with a Top 3 pick this year has the opportunity to draft a superstar which would negate interest in PG (so no Lakers or Celtics in that case).

Return to Indiana Pacers