Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,163

Re: Around the NBA: 2022-23 edition 

Post#462 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 11:34 am

Absorbing Bball Paul into our MLE in the offseason does strike me as a possibility if Jalen leaves and Philly catches a big fish roster wise this offseason.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,169

Post#463 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 12:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Absorbing Bball Paul into our MLE in the offseason does strike me as a possibility if Jalen leaves and Philly catches a big fish roster wise this offseason.

he was on my draft wish list once.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#464 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 1:21 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Absorbing Bball Paul into our MLE in the offseason does strike me as a possibility if Jalen leaves and Philly catches a big fish roster wise this offseason.

I think you and I were both banging the drum for him that draft. I def remember your supporting that idea.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 952

Post#465 » by Tom White » Fri May 3, 2024 1:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Absorbing Bball Paul into our MLE in the offseason does strike me as a possibility.......

Are you talking about Paul George? What makes you think his ego would allow him to settle for MLE? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

I really don't want him at all.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#466 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 1:36 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Absorbing Bball Paul into our MLE in the offseason does strike me as a possibility.......

Are you talking about Paul George? What makes you think his ego would allow him to settle for MLE? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

we were talking about Paul Reed.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#467 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 1:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I think you and I were both banging the drum for him that draft. I def remember your supporting that idea.

I remember several of us liking him but I didn't want to name names as I couldn't remember who was on that bandwagon.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#468 » by Tom White » Fri May 3, 2024 1:43 pm

Wizop wrote:we were talking about Paul Reed.

Ah! OK. I can be a bit dense at times. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#469 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 2:01 pm

What are the current odds that Stix opts out? Does he need to shine against the Knicks to recover his value?

In the final Bucks game we played eight heavy minutes: Ty, Nembhard, Nesmith, McConnell, Sheppard, Toppin, Siakam, Turner. iJax got a few minutes, Maturin and Walker make 11 next year. the other four are Doug (gone), JJ (up to him), Brown (I still like his speed), and Stix (a money question).

The two ways are OT, Q, and Wong. Do any get elevated?
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#470 » by Tom White » Fri May 3, 2024 3:19 pm

Wizop wrote:What are the current odds that Stix opts out? Does he need to shine against the Knicks to recover his value?

What has been up with him? Is he having lingering back problems, or something of that nature?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#471 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 4:01 pm

Wizop wrote:What are the current odds that Stix opts out? Does he need to shine against the Knicks to recover his value?

In the final Bucks game we played eight heavy minutes: Ty, Nembhard, Nesmith, McConnell, Sheppard, Toppin, Siakam, Turner. iJax got a few minutes, Maturin and Walker make 11 next year. the other four are Doug (gone), JJ (up to him), Brown (I still like his speed), and Stix (a money question).

The two ways are OT, Q, and Wong. Do any get elevated?

I would bet that Oscar is the only sure thing back on 2 way. Q and Wong have a chance, but may need to beat out a late 2nd rounder or two to keep the spot in camp?

As for Stix, I don’t know. It doesn’t bode well that he didn’t get minutes against the Bucks, but I’m sure some of that was tightening the rotation and Jackson was an attempt to keep a rim runner/lob threat (like Obi) to put pressure on Brook at the rim? Id think he could opt out and get similar money for more years, no matter what. He might get a spot to develop as a starter somewhere, though. But I’ve been wrong on him and his odds before.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#472 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 4:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I would bet that Oscar is the only sure thing back on 2 way. Q and Wong have a chance, but may need to beat out a late 2nd rounder or two to keep the spot in camp?

Wong hasn't shown me that he can play the point. He hasn't been a starter at that position for the Ants. maybe a second year with the Ants will help though. Q looks to be a scorer but we have wing scorers.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 745

Post#473 » by Pacers Forever » Sat May 4, 2024 7:05 am

I can’t figure out if Stix is in the doghouse because of his last appearance where he was like a revolving door to the rim or if he’s being rested for this series where he is possibly a better option than he was vs the Bucks.

Another possibility is that in the front office view his ship has sailed and they’re giving I Jax the backup due to him being back next season. Inquiring minds wanna know :lol:
Wizop
RealGM

Post#474 » by Wizop » Sat May 4, 2024 12:31 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:I can’t figure out if Stix is in the doghouse because of his last appearance where he was like a revolving door to the rim or if he’s being rested for this series where he is possibly a better option than he was vs the Bucks.

Another possibility is that in the front office view his ship has sailed and they’re giving I Jax the backup due to him being back next season. Inquiring minds wanna know :lol:

I'll bet against the front office or next year having anything to do with the coach's decision. I think it was just a decision to go small as the Bucks didn't have a big center other than Lopez.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#475 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 5:41 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I can’t figure out if Stix is in the doghouse because of his last appearance where he was like a revolving door to the rim or if he’s being rested for this series where he is possibly a better option than he was vs the Bucks.

I'll bet against the front office or next year having anything to do with the coach's decision. I think it was just a decision to go small as the Bucks didn't have a big center other than Lopez.

To me, it's that Jalen had a terrible start to the series, and Obi and his rim running provided pressure on Milwaukee's less agile bigs, so I think that Carlisle played Jackson in an attempt to utilize Jackson's rim running and lobs much like Obi.

We're about to go up against Mitch Robinson and Isaiah Hartenstein, so I think we might be more likely to see Jalen's stretch shooting to try and keep them a bit further out of the paint?
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Post#476 » by JMaster5K » Mon May 6, 2024 8:43 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trying to figure out where is 64.9M number comes from?....

Granted,... Philly is not likely to clear their books. According to Spotrac,.. Philly only has 4 players currently under contract, Embiid = 51,415,938; Reed = non-guaranteed 7,723,000; Dowtin = team option 2,196,970; and Council = non-guaranteed 1,891,857. Everyone else is outside contract in some form, on the books as a cap hold.

If they were to release all their cap holds (which they are not going to do. They still want at least Maxey,.. and likely Melton & Lowry); Waive their non-guaranteed contracts (Again, they aren't actually likely to do.); and decline their option on Dowtin; and trade their first round pick; release all their trade exceptions - which would likely happen anyway as they would be under the cap & choosing to operate under the cap, they would end up with Embiid, and 11 x 'incomplete roster charges'? Which to me looks like 11 x 1,160,544 = 12,765,984 + Embiid = 64,181,922 ?.... which would leave them projected theoretical cap space of 76,818,078 ?....

Which checks against Spotrac's max theoretical cap space of 72,785,838. The only difference being the first round pick that Spotrac will continue to show until it is actually traded?......

Am I missing something,... again,... as usual?.... o0
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#477 » by JMaster5K » Mon May 6, 2024 8:53 am

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Oh yeah,... Have liked his game since his draft. Plays as a legit big, shoots the 3 well, defends & rebounds really well. Plays really well in transition when given the chance. In terms of skills & style,... he would seem to be a great sorta all around fit behind Myles, Pascal, & Ob1.

What do you think it would take to get him?.... Maybe a sign & trade with Stix?.... o0
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 6, 2024 12:13 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Oh yeah,... Have liked his game since his draft. Plays as a legit big, shoots the 3 well, defends & rebounds really well. Plays really well in transition when given the chance. In terms of skills & style,... he would seem to be a great sorta all around fit behind Myles, Pascal, & Ob1.

What do you think it would take to get him?.... Maybe a sign & trade with Stix?.... o0

I think they’d only look to deal Paul if they need the cap space. They could just waive him with no guarantee until January, so they’d probably be looking to deal Paul into cap space/tpe/MLE with no salary coming back (so they can make their big signings), and get some draft compensation (2nd or two?) in return.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#479 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon May 6, 2024 12:17 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Granted,... Philly is not likely to clear their books. According to Spotrac,.. Philly only has 4 players currently under contract, Embiid = 51,415,938; Reed = non-guaranteed 7,723,000; Dowtin = team option 2,196,970; and Council = non-guaranteed 1,891,857. Everyone else is outside contract in some form, on the books as a cap hold.

If they were to release all their cap holds (which they are not going to do. They still want at least Maxey,.. and likely Melton & Lowry); Waive their non-guaranteed contracts (Again, they aren't actually likely to do.); and decline their option on Dowtin; and trade their first round pick; release all their trade exceptions - which would likely happen anyway as they would be under the cap & choosing to operate under the cap, they would end up with Embiid, and 11 x 'incomplete roster charges'? Which to me looks like 11 x 1,160,544 = 12,765,984 + Embiid = 64,181,922 ?.... which would leave them projected theoretical cap space of 76,818,078 ?....

Which checks against Spotrac's max theoretical cap space of 72,785,838. The only difference being the first round pick that Spotrac will continue to show until it is actually traded?......

Bobby lists it in the tweet. $55m ish is if they keep Embiid, Maxey’s cap hold, Paul Reed, their 1st, and the minimum roster charges. $64.9m is if they waive Paul and trade the 1st, as they’d then add 2 more minimum roster charges to the cap.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#480 » by JMaster5K » Mon May 6, 2024 1:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bobby lists it in the tweet. $55m ish is if they keep Embiid, Maxey’s cap hold, Paul Reed, their 1st, and the minimum roster charges. $64.9m is if they waive Paul and trade the 1st, as they’d then add 2 more minimum roster charges to the cap.

Ah cools! thank you. =] So, his Max cap space is not the same as Spotrac's 'Max cap space',.. LOL =} I'm up to speed, for a second or two,... =]

Return to Indiana Pacers