Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Re: All about the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 

Post#161 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g

Obi’s brother Jacob Toppin went off for 32 beating the Mad Ants in a tight game.

Kendall Brown who’s been playing well lately had 30. Appears that Tshiebwe had a rough game and Walker struggled with his shot. Bell was consistent with 15 points. Payton didn’t play and it appears Sheppard wasn’t made available to the Mad Ants.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#162 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:59 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mad Ants win 119-98
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#163 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:36 pm

9 assists for Wong got my attention. if he learns to be a point guard, he could earn a spot on the big team after McConnell retires if not sooner.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#164 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:01 pm

Wizop wrote:9 assists for Wong got my attention. if he learns to be a point guard, he could earn a spot on the big team after McConnell retires if not sooner.

He’ll have to. He’ll run out of Two Way eligibility before then.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#165 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:16 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:9 assists for Wong got my attention. if he learns to be a point guard, he could earn a spot on the big team after McConnell retires if not sooner.

and were we to fill the empty roster spot from the Ants, he'd be 4th in line behind Bell and the other two ways.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#166 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:30 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

and were we to fill the empty roster spot from the Ants, he'd be 4th in line behind Bell and the other two ways.

In terms of production, sure. But more so, the Pacers would probably focus on filling needed positions/skills more so than just “who is the most productive of players for the Ants”. If Buddy is dealt, they’ll focus on shooting. If Obi or Jalen is traded, maybe it’s Oscar or Bell? It might just be a promotion of Kendall Brown to see if he can cut it on the nba level or if they need to just let him loose.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#167 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:10 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wong 12 points 9 assists 7 rebounds

Bell 14 points 12 rebounds

Mangas 20 points

McGhee 13 points

Mojave King and Elfrid Payton DNP
JMaster5K
Junior
And1: 148

Post#168 » by JMaster5K » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:45 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wong 12 points 9 assists 7 rebounds

Bell 14 points 12 rebounds

Mangas 20 points

McGhee 13 points

Mojave King and Elfrid Payton DNP

If only I was back in town! ={ These seem like they would be really fun games to see in person?.... Anyone been?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#169 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:02 pm

JMaster5K wrote:These seem like they would be really fun games to see in person?.... Anyone been?

I saw some film of a recent highlight play and the stands looked empty. I imagine attendance was much better in Ft Wayne where fans saw it as their team. getting their own arena in Noblesville should help.
JMaster5K
Junior

Post#170 » by JMaster5K » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:11 pm

Wizop wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:These seem like they would be really fun games to see in person?.... Anyone been?

I saw some film of a recent highlight play and the stands looked empty. I imagine attendance was much better in Ft Wayne where fans saw it as their team. getting their own arena in Noblesville should help.

hmmm,.. when I get back in town,.. will look at prices to see about going. =}

We used to have a group of people that went to the old Indianapolis Tornadoes, semi-pro football team games. Tickets were relatively cheap. Beer was good. Could tailgate. Was generally a good time. Kinda like a football version of a AAA game at Victory Field,... was thinking the Mad Ants could be the same?....
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#171 » by Tom White » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:21 pm

Wizop wrote:I saw some film of a recent highlight play and the stands looked empty. I imagine attendance was much better in Ft Wayne where fans saw it as their team.

Could be, but for whatever reason the Pacers have never cared much about the rest of the state outside of their Indy base.

I remember years ago there was some event at the College Mall (owned by Simon) in Bloomington. They made a big deal out of having a "personal appearance" by a Pacer at the event. The Pacer they sent? Stuart Gray, who actually was no longer a member of the team at the time. He had been gone for a number of years at that point, and most people there had no idea who he was, other than being some tall guy. They couldn't even bother to send a current bench player, let alone one of the "name" players.

I know it has been said they like having the G League team closer to the Pacers for keeping an eye on them and ease of moving players to the Pacers and back, but was it really that much of an inconvenience having them in Fort Wayne?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#172 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:32 pm

JMaster5K wrote: Kinda like a football version of a AAA game at Victory Field,... was thinking the Mad Ants could be the same?....

Years before the Colts came to town, I remember going to minor league football games at the old Victory Field on 16th Street.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#173 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:34 pm

Tom White wrote:was it really that much of an inconvenience having them in Fort Wayne?

Noblesville may have made them an offer that was too good to refuse.
JMaster5K
Junior

Post#174 » by JMaster5K » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:56 pm

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:was it really that much of an inconvenience having them in Fort Wayne?

Noblesville may have made them an offer that was too good to refuse.

When they announced the move,.. they said a ton of things about having the G-league players available for the Pacers,... A friend of mine who works in the organization said it was actually the other way around. That they liked having the Pacers staff & FO more available to the Mad Ants. That the Mad Ant coaches and players could more easily use the expertise from Coach Carlisle and his staff. Same with the FO,.. they could more easily talk to Pritchard or Buchanan. Which at least for me,.. seems to make a bit more sense?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#175 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:49 am

I went to 1 Indy Firebirds arena football game played in Market Square Arena. I also saw an Indy Racers minor league hockey game in Market Square Arena. I saw a minor league baseball game when the stadium was on 16th Street as a child. I might have saw 1 Indians game the first year in the downtown stadium. I saw 1 Fever game the first year.

I haven’t seen a hockey game at the fairgrounds, an Indy 11 game, or a Mad Ants game.

I have seen the Pacers play many games over the years at Market Square Arena, and the current fieldhouse. Also saw the ABA Pacers play at the fairgrounds and in the playoffs at Bloomington’s Assembly Hall.

Have seen the Colts many times in both stadiums.

I enjoyed all the experiences but obviously the Colts and Pacers were my favorites.

We traveled many times to Cincinnati for Reds games.

Left out the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Clermont Speedway. Saw a few races at both venues.

I would like to see a Mad Ants game if I move back close to Indy.
JMaster5K
Junior

Post#176 » by JMaster5K » Sun Feb 4, 2024 10:03 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I went to 1 Indy Firebirds arena football game played in Market Square Arena. I also saw an Indy Racers minor league hockey game in Market Square Arena. I saw a minor league baseball game when the stadium was on 16th Street as a child. I might have saw 1 Indians game the first year in the downtown stadium. I saw 1 Fever game the first year.

I haven’t seen a hockey game at the fairgrounds, an Indy 11 game, or a Mad Ants game.

I have seen the Pacers play many games over the years at Market Square Arena, and the current fieldhouse. Also saw the ABA Pacers play at the fairgrounds and in the playoffs at Bloomington’s Assembly Hall.

Have seen the Colts many times in both stadiums.

I enjoyed all the experiences but obviously the Colts and Pacers were my favorites.

We traveled many times to Cincinnati for Reds games.

Left out the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Clermont Speedway. Saw a few races at both venues.

I would like to see a Mad Ants game if I move back close to Indy.

Loved going to the old Bush stadium to see the Indians,... but Victory field is simply amazing. There are reasons it's been voted the best AAA field in the country for several years. If you get a chance,... their 'business man's specials' are nothing but happiness on a sunny day. LOL =]

The fact that they designed the stadium around the fans attending a game shows. They put in the 'wrought iron' home run fence specifically so that they could offer 'family discount' cheap tickets to come to the game with your kids, throw a blanket on the ground, have a picnic, and the let the kids run & play, while watching the game.

I miss the history of Bush,.. but the enjoyment of the game at Victory is way better. =]
Wizop
RealGM

Post#177 » by Wizop » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:56 pm

I had season tickets to both the Firebirds and the Racers (hockey at MSA)
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#178 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#179 » by Pacers Forever » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow Jarace becoming a Mad Ants regular and Sheppard has been excluded from duty there which I take as a positive achievement for Sheppard.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#180 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:27 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Indiana Pacers