Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Rd 2, pick 55, Pacers select Isaiah Wong 

Post#21 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:10 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I think we, as fans of TJD, and fans who would like to see Myles play the 5 and Jackson and Jalen still get playing time

TJD's agent is the brother of the Warrior's GM. the Warriors took advantage of a new 2nd round exception to sign him to a tax friendly deal. Doyle is reporting in the Star that TJD presumably through his agent told teams not to draft him if they were only going to offer a two-way contract.

Heard an interview with Pacers front office where that was basically said. TJD had no interest in Indy because of the log jam at center. Maybe wacko can breath again?

And I keep telling you people it was not just about TJD. The problem is 10 guards I named 3-4 players who made more sense. There is no "logjam" at center. Smith and Jackson look like failures both should have stayed in school. There are no power forwards if those guys are centers, the team had 4 guards playing at the same time 2 out of position.

It's a mess a jumble that makes this team look like the charlotto horncats. Why not just trade for James Bouknight now. Of course that's what they look like it's where Buchanan came from. Pritchard is no better. This team will be a joke for years to come.

Same posters here today defended the TJ Leaf pick and the first LeVert trade should have sent him back to Houston.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,720

Post#22 » by Pacers_Freak » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:53 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Wizop wrote:
TJD's agent is the brother of the Warrior's GM. the Warriors took advantage of a new 2nd round exception to sign him to a tax friendly deal. Doyle is reporting in the Star that TJD presumably through his agent told teams not to draft him if they were only going to offer a two-way contract.

Heard an interview with Pacers front office where that was basically said. TJD had no interest in Indy because of the log jam at center. Maybe wacko can breath again?

And I keep telling you people it was not just about TJD. The problem is 10 guards I named 3-4 players who made more sense. There is no "logjam" at center. Smith and Jackson look like failures both should have stayed in school. There are no power forwards if those guys are centers, the team had 4 guards playing at the same time 2 out of position.

It's a mess a jumble that makes this team look like the charlotto horncats. Why not just trade for James Bouknight now. Of course that's what they look like it's where Buchanan came from. Pritchard is no better. This team will be a joke for years to come.

Same posters here today defended the TJ Leaf pick and the first LeVert trade should have sent him back to Houston.

The picks in the 2nd weren’t going to solve the roster problem. We are currently guard heavy but free agency is upcoming and trades are possible. If this was going to be the final roster we have a problem. Let’s pump the brakes and see where we stand in a month or two. A lot of assets to make moves before camp opens.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#23 » by pacers33granger » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:03 pm

Seems pretty clear we will be getting a forward in free agency or trade. Very likely will be Barnes at this point. Were not there yet but he could be somewhat of a David West for this team.

Duarte is also likely out. Not his fault as he was drafted for a team that instantly got torn down and then battled injuries. But its just how it played out unfortunately.

Theis should be gone too. If he's not, he's just a practice body really and doesn't factor into the rotation at all.

Buddy maybe too. If not, he should be fully aware that he'll get minutes as he deserves them but he's not in the longterm plans at all.

The roster will be fine. There will be injuries and guys will end up in Rick's doghouse. That said the one guy I do worry about is Nesmith. He showed some real useful role player potential and I feel he may get a bit squeezed out, especially if Buddy stays.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#24 » by pacers33granger » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:05 pm

Also just weird to be so upset over a 55th pick. I get the overall sentiment but these picks are usually camp fodder.

Plus we gave a 2 way to Tshiebwe. I guarantee he's more intriguing than anyone else we could've drafted here.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#25 » by Grang33r » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:07 am

Thought this was funny

Read on Twitter
?s=20
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Post#26 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Jul 3, 2023 10:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g

Tony East says that’s 2 of the 3 possible 2 ways used.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 746

Post#27 » by kacey ring » Mon Jul 3, 2023 10:42 pm

Oscar is going to become a fan favorite for you all!

Hope he can keep developing his jumper and quickness so he can become a reliable role player in a few years.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#28 » by Wizop » Mon Jul 3, 2023 11:06 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Tony East says that’s 2 of the 3 possible 2 ways used.

K Brown is noticeably absent. perhaps he hopes to get a regular contract this year or perhaps we want to see him show that he's fully healthy in summer league.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 4, 2023 6:29 pm

Wizop wrote:

K Brown is noticeably absent. perhaps he hopes to get a regular contract this year or perhaps we want to see him show that he's fully healthy in summer league.

He didn’t sign until late last year. I’m sure the team is pushing for a two way or exhibit 10, and he and his agent are pushing for a purely nba contract.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#30 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 4, 2023 7:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

He didn’t sign until late last year. I’m sure the team is pushing for a two way or exhibit 10, and he and his agent are pushing for a purely nba contract.

Sounds right but it isn't easy for us to create a roster spot with a trade without dropping below the payroll floor.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:11 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sounds right but it isn't easy for us to create a roster spot with a trade without dropping below the payroll floor.

Oh, we would just create a roster spot by waiving someone like Theis or Nwora.

But we would also be pushing him to take the 2 way or risk being cut at the end of camp, where he'd likely fall through the cracks and enter the GLeague draft?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#32 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:16 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:Sounds right but it isn't easy for us to create a roster spot with a trade without dropping below the payroll floor.

But Theis makes 10 and KBrown isn't getting that so our payroll would slide
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:32 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:Sounds right but it isn't easy for us to create a roster spot with a trade without dropping below the payroll floor.

But Theis makes 10 and KBrown isn't getting that so our payroll would slide

Nope. Theis is fully guaranteed for this season. If we waive him, he's still on the books. So KBrown would simply add to the salary on the books, not subtract.

And at this point, there's not really any concern of salary this year, so it wouldn't be a pain to Indy, so much as just an annoyance at a waste?
Wizop
RealGM

Post#34 » by Wizop » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:50 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Nope. Theis is fully guaranteed for this season. If we waive him, he's still on the books. So KBrown would simply add to the salary on the books, not subtract.

Feels like throwing away a winning lottery ticket but okay.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 5, 2023 2:31 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Nope. Theis is fully guaranteed for this season. If we waive him, he's still on the books. So KBrown would simply add to the salary on the books, not subtract.

Feels like throwing away a winning lottery ticket but okay.

I’m not saying we should. Just that it’s easily possible.

And also, I wouldn’t call Theis a winning lottery ticket. :lol:
Wizop
RealGM

Post#36 » by Wizop » Wed Jul 5, 2023 2:36 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
I’m not saying we should. Just that it’s easily possible.

And also, I wouldn’t call Theis a winning lottery ticket. :lol:

I understood. It's the ten million dollars that I was calling a winning lottery ticket.

Return to Indiana Pacers