Pacers vs. Cavs 11/3

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,307

Pacers vs. Cavs 11/3 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Fri Nov 3, 2023 4:54 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers will take on the Indiana Pacers on Friday evening, but it won't be a normal regular season game on a weekend night in November. This will be Cleveland and Indiana's first game of the NBA's inaugural in-season tournament.

The groups for the tournament are not the normal division we see throughout the regular season. They were selected based on the record from last season and the conference the team plays in.

Cleveland will be playing in "East Group A" which consists of the Pacers, Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76ers, and Atlanta Hawks.

Tommy Wild
https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/news/cleveland-cavaliers-vs-indiana-pacers-nba-in-season-tournament

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
JMaster5K
Junior
And1: 149

Re: Pacers vs. Cavs 11/3 

Post#2 » by JMaster5K » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:02 pm

Thanks Boomer! =} Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna need a program for this tournament,.. just to know who's who, and who's where?..... LOL o0
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#3 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:05 am

Boston is Boston. Good game to rest Ty.

So are we underrated or are the Cavs overrated? Hope I didn't jinx them by saying something at halftime.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Post#4 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:55 am

Why no TJ after his big game in Cleveland? Almost jinxed them with premature woofing.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,307

Post#5 » by boomershadow » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:58 am

Closer at the end there than I would have hoped. Great game from Myles with 27/9.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Post#6 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:22 am

Huge team win with nobody playing horrible.
Turner(defense and scoring),
Haliburton(assists and leadership),
Hield(3 pointers),
Nesmith(defense and quality minutes), and Brown(defense and scoring) with key contributions.

Mathurin(defense),
Nembhard(offense and turnovers),and
Toppin(scoring and defense) are all still lacking consistency thus not being in the game in crucial minutes. Hopefully all 3 adjust and grow their games to contribute more consistently.

I’m glad Carlisle is using Nesmith, Hield, and Smith as much as he has because they are playing well. Nesmith and Smith both appear to have improved their games over the summer. I hope McConnell starts getting more minutes until Nembhard gets it together.

No minutes tonight for McConnell, Jackson, Nwora, Theis, and the rookies. I don’t feel like the rookies or Nwora have warranted any more minutes than they have gotten. Carlisle said before the season that minutes were going to be earned and he is going with a very tight rotation currently.
JMaster5K
Junior
And1: 149

Post#7 » by JMaster5K » Sat Nov 4, 2023 10:01 am

Wizop wrote:Boston is Boston. Good game to rest Ty.

So are we underrated or are the Cavs overrated? Hope I didn't jinx them by saying something at halftime.

Hoping we are a bit underrated, but believe it's probably the Cav's being overrated. Is it just me, but I get the feeling the Cav's aren't playing with the chemistry they had 2 years ago? Like everyone is still trying to feel out where they fit & how they fit. I would have thought that would be sorted over the summer?
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#8 » by Tom White » Sat Nov 4, 2023 10:23 am

Wizop wrote:Why no TJ after his big game in Cleveland? Almost jinxed them with premature woofing.

Because it's Carlisle? Other than that, who knows?
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Post#9 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:29 am

I’m thinking injuries have derailed the Cavaliers chemistry. I look for them to get better. Garland and Allen played their first minutes against us and Garland looked a bit rusty to me.

Return to Indiana Pacers