basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Woj/Shams: Pacers to get Siakam in trade 

Post#221 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:31 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote: :crazy:

Do you doubt me? Do you remember what happened with the Dutch soldiers back in August of 22? I've been down there on Georgia St and Meridian waiting on one of my clients to come out of Pier 48 and some guy got shot 100 yards behind me in the alley. About the same time I was in the same area and some guy was shot right in front of the Indy Star on Meridian. I went thru Broad Ripple one night and heard about 200 gunshots and another time 3 people were shot while I was driving a top client of mine to a restaurant in Broad Ripple. I'm not even talking about the northeast side, 42nd and Post.

I apologise. I looked up some things. I didn't realize Indianapolis has the 12th highest crime rate in the nation.

I've lived on the southside suburbs most of my life. It's pretty peaceful, quiet, safe.

If you're out in Greenwood or even Beech Grove it's not as bad, I'm 2 miles from downtown. I do a lot of work in the downtown area, I've heard gunshots more times than I can count while working and at night at home. I've got a $300,000 house in an area with many houses in that range where the homes have been renovated. Yet if you don't watch your back you can get car jacked 2 blocks from home. Despite the fact that I'm armed, I don't go to the gas stations or convenience stores or grocery stores close to where I live. I've been wanting to move since 2022, with the higher interest rates it's not like it was where you sell your house in a week. As soon as my house sells I'm out of here and I'm selling my business as well.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#222 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Grang33r wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Not a flaw way to look at it at all. I'm not a professional basketball scout but I had Green as a #1 pick. He was a great player a few years ago but now he's a jerk who I would have traded 2-3 yrs ago and not resigned to his new contract. I had Brunson rated much higher than Holiday who I had as a 2nd round talent. Same for TJ Leaf who I said at the time was a late 2nd at best, I wanted Collins or OG, I saw no need for Goga and have no doubt I would have picked a better player. I'll admit that I never heard of Gobert before draft day, but then again I'm not a professional Scout.

For a guy who does this stuff for Sh*t's and giggle's I've been right more than I've been wrong. I practically predicted the PG trade to OKC if there was a search function I could find the post I made back then when I suggested Victor and Sabonis plus a #1 for PG. I called the Turner R/E perfectly right before it happened when 9 out of 10 posters were saying trade him to LA with Buddy for Westy and a distant pick. And I'm just a retired KIck boxer who might have been punched in the head one time too many. That and my IU degree in Economics, and 2 yrs of law school but who's counting.

I don't doubt your knowledge at all. And i'm sure you've hit on some players and missed on others. Just like other people who have a slight interest in the draft process. But it's much easier to write it in a forum setting with nothing to lose then it is with the cameras on you and every pick going under a microscope.

The way you should look at it is based on probability. Once you get out of picks like 16, the historical data shows players have like a 5% chance of being a star, 15% chance of being decent. The Pacers DID do a poor job drafting, im not here to tell you they did a great job, but the odds were not in their favor and they didnt beat the odds on any of the picks. If thats player or lack of player development or a combination of both.

You can be mad all you want and slam your fist on your desk, but its not the right way of looking at it. Like i said, if it was as easy as you said, drafts would have much higher success rate with late selections like Draymond or Brunson going much earlier.

Link- https://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

I don't care what these stats say, teams that have quality scouts find the guys like Jimmy Butler, Bane, Gobert, Middleton, Green, Tony Parker, Brunson and Jokic and it's always the same teams. Teams like the Pacers don't find those 2nd round gems, and late round studs. The Pacers have chronic "Tunnel Vison" in the draft. Nembhard looks like a good pick, but you know what they say? "Even a blind pig can find an acorn if he roots around under an oak tree long enough."
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Post#223 » by Grang33r » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:49 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
I don't care what these stats say, teams that have quality scouts find the guys like Jimmy Butler, Bane, Gobert, Middleton, Green, Tony Parker, Brunson and Jokic and it's always the same teams. Teams like the Pacers don't find those 2nd round gems, and late round studs. The Pacers have chronic "Tunnel Vison" in the draft. Nembhard looks like a good pick, but you know what they say? "Even a blind pig can find an acorn if he roots around under an oak tree long enough."

Cool. Then if you want to get all worked up over Pacers missing picks with like 5% probability of being right then knock yourself out.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#224 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:19 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Do you doubt me? Do you remember what happened with the Dutch soldiers back in August of 22? I've been down there on Georgia St and Meridian waiting on one of my clients to come out of Pier 48 and some guy got shot 100 yards behind me in the alley. About the same time I was in the same area and some guy was shot right in front of the Indy Star on Meridian. I went thru Broad Ripple one night and heard about 200 gunshots and another time 3 people were shot while I was driving a top client of mine to a restaurant in Broad Ripple. I'm not even talking about the northeast side, 42nd and Post.

I apologise. I looked up some things. I didn't realize Indianapolis has the 12th highest crime rate in the nation.

I've lived on the southside suburbs most of my life. It's pretty peaceful, quiet, safe.

If you're out in Greenwood or even Beech Grove it's not as bad, I'm 2 miles from downtown. I do a lot of work in the downtown area, I've heard gunshots more times than I can count while working and at night at home. I've got a $300,000 house in an area with many houses in that range where the homes have been renovated. Yet if you don't watch your back you can get car jacked 2 blocks from home. Despite the fact that I'm armed, I don't go to the gas stations or convenience stores or grocery stores close to where I live. I've been wanting to move since 2022, with the higher interest rates it's not like it was where you sell your house in a week. As soon as my house sells I'm out of here and I'm selling my business as well.

I want to reiterate something here, last night my friend who lives about 7-8 blocks was awakened by gun shots next door to him and bullet came through the wall of his bedroom. His 14 year old daughter was taking a shower about 6 feet away in the bathroom.

The house next door to him was renovated about a year ago and the owner has been renting it as an AirBNB. There was a party there last night about midnight shots range and bullet flew. About 20 police cars showed up and found a party with under age drinking and guns, bad combo.

My friend said if he had been sitting on his bed instead of laying he could have been hit.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Re: Official: Pacers Acquire Pascal Siakam 

Post#225 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:41 pm

Caitlin has a Siakam article up on Patreon that isn't behind the pay wall. I'm not sure if this link works, but try it.

https://www.patreon.com/basketballshewrote/posts
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,206

Re: Official: Pacers Acquire Pascal Siakam 

Post#226 » by Mark_83 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:30 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:As a Raptors fan - that is not gonna happen.

He was pretty much only taking catch and shoot 3's in Toronto this season and shot 34.9% on catch and shoot 3's this season which is similar to his entire career.

That bein said - he is unstoppable in single coverage in the post especially on mismatches. He is going to feast with all your space.

He had a historically bad start shooting from October through November (20.7%) as a he was adjusting to his new role. From December on he's been shooting 44% from 3pt range. Is he that good a shooter in reality? No, of course not. But in a primarily catch in shoot role, I'd say he's closer to the 36% shooter he was when Kawhi was here (38% on C&S) than he is to the 31% shooter he has been this year.

Maybe with the better IND spacing he can be the 36-37% shooter he was when we had a ton of spacing in TOR as well. I would lean closer to 33-34% as that has been his catch + shoot %'s for years.

Obviously would increase if he sticks to corner 3's.

Currently shooting 42% from 3pt range with the Pacers over 17 games so far.
CpttCanada
Junior
And1: 318

Post#227 » by CpttCanada » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:47 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:I want to make one thing perfectly clear I like Siakam as a player, but I don't think he will resign and this team can't give him $45 million per year with raises. Just look at 2025-26 Haliburton will make $35 million, with Pascal at $42 million and then Turner at $30 million that is $107 million for just 3 guys. Then you have to start resigning players. Hello Luxury tax and still not good enough to beat Boston in the East.

This is a waste it's desperation.

The Pacers are locked into paying him.

Return to Indiana Pacers