Official: Pacers Acquire Pascal Siakam

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Official: Pacers Acquire Pascal Siakam 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:28 am

The Raptors and Pacers are actively engaged in trade talks centered around two-time All-Star forward Pascal Siakam that would send him to Indiana for a package that includes Bruce Brown Jr., other salaries and three first-round draft picks, league sources tell The Athletic.

Link- https://theathletic.com/5207428/2024/01/16/pascal-siakam-raptors-pacers-trade-talks/
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Re: Shams: Raptors, Pacers engaged in Siakam trade talks 

Post#2 » by Grang33r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:29 am

Read on Twitter
AussiePacer
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#3 » by AussiePacer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:36 am

Hmmm. I know reading the board not a lot of us are big on him at a price (and this looks like quite a big price) but he’s absolutely an upgrade and could be a helpful player for us. If it’s a rental at that cost though… it seems a little mad.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#4 » by Grang33r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:43 am

That's a lot to give up for a rental. Essp they will still need to add to this deal to even out the money.
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect
And1: 129

Post#5 » by jarryd3107 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:39 am

Edited: Fake twitter account
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,455

Post#6 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 am

jarryd3107 wrote:The trade is done bros. Hield, Brown + 4 x 1sts

"The picks include Indiana's 2024 first round pick, a top 5 protected pick in 2026, a top 4 protected pick in 2028 and an unprotected pick in 2030"

Gee whiz thats a lot. Not sure how to process this, they seem to think not only he'll sign long term but that he won't be available in free agency this summer?

where u see this
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by jarryd3107 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 am

WuTang_OG wrote:

"The picks include Indiana's 2024 first round pick, a top 5 protected pick in 2026, a top 4 protected pick in 2028 and an unprotected pick in 2030"

Gee whiz thats a lot. Not sure how to process this, they seem to think not only he'll sign long term but that he won't be available in free agency this summer?

where u see this

lmao i fell for a fake twet
logging off for the day
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 719

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:48 am

I have to trust the Pacers brass if they believe he will fit with Tyrese and the team if they do make this deal. Yes he’s very talented and they need a solution to the 4. Just not sure how many more good years he has. I question giving up a bunch for Siakam at his age unless he has 4-5 good seasons left.

I also don’t like giving up 3 draft picks. Would rather give up Brown and Nwora plus a first and second pick from this upcoming draft.

I really believe if the deal is made the Pacers will be certain through discussions with Siakam’s Agent that he will stay and sign a long term contract with the Pacers. Otherwise they won’t take a chance on a half season rental for this much capital.

I hope there’s a cheaper and similar talented option to obtain, but in their eyes there might not be any other suitable, available, or affordable options to finish building the playoff contending team anytime soon.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#9 » by metafisical » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:59 am

If this trade occurs, the Pacers are going to be dangerous on both ends. I will definitely be rooting for you.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,455

Post#10 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:33 am

believe me when I say u guys got a real good one and seeing him next to Hali will be even more scary.

Pascal still produced top tier numbers the last few years in a very tough offense. No space, no room.

Pascal is durable and just produces day in day out
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#11 » by Grang33r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:56 am

WuTang_OG wrote:believe me when I say u guys got a real good one and seeing him next to Hali will be even more scary.

Pascal still produced top tier numbers the last few years in a very tough offense. No space, no room.

Pascal is durable and just produces day in day out

Hope the deals gets to the finish line. The silence since the original tweet is worrisome as it shows the Pacers cards and allows anyone to counter that offer. I assume the whole league treats Shams as good as fact.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#12 » by Grang33r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:02 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I also don’t like giving up 3 draft picks. Would rather give up Brown and Nwora plus a first and second pick from this upcoming draft.

The two first round picks in 2024 (assuming thats 2 of the picks) don't worry me at all. Honestly couldn't careless about them. The draft is weaker and the Pacers have two players in Walker and Sheppard who can't even sniff the court now. Can't imagine how crowded that bench would be and how tough it would be to break through next year. Hitting on Nembhard and having 2 first last year, really makes those picks expendable.

Walker seems like a guy who might get increased playing time as the season rolls on this season but Sheppard probably will be a player to watch for next season to work on getting some extra time.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:02 am

Grang33r wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope this is 100 lbs of BS in a plastic bag! This player has stated that he is going to hit UFA. Then Philly will offer him $45 million or more with 5% raises.

If the Pacers resign him to $45 million for 5 yrs with 8% raise even if the 5th year is a player option he will be 35 and making close to $60 million per. The Pacers will not be able to resign Turner after the 2024/25 season. Then they'll be looking at needing to resign Mathurin, Nembhard and maybe Jackson. How do you put a team in Pacers uniforms with Haliburton making $38 million, Siakam at $47 Million, Turner at $30 million. Math tells me that is $115 million for 3 guys.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:05 am

Gee whiz thats a lot. Not sure how to process this, they seem to think not only he'll sign long term but that he wouldn't be available in free agency this summer if they didn't trade for him?

If that happens I'll give up the NBA for the rest of my life!

If the Pacers need to hire and Economist I'll send them my resume, making a deal like that is asking for disaster!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:07 am

WuTang_OG wrote:

where u see this

It was written at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Eh that's a Tennessee whiskey.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#16 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:13 am

Grang33r wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I also don’t like giving up 3 draft picks. Would rather give up Brown and Nwora plus a first and second pick from this upcoming draft.

The two first round picks in 2024 (assuming thats 2 of the picks) don't worry me at all. Honestly couldn't careless about them. The draft is weaker and the Pacers have two players in Walker and Sheppard who can't even sniff the court now. Can't imagine how crowded that bench would be and how tough it would be to break through next year. Hitting on Nembhard and having 2 first last year, really makes those picks expendable.

Walker seems like a guy who might get increased playing time as the season rolls on this season but Sheppard probably will be a player to watch for next season to work on getting some extra time.

That's because Walker should have stayed in College and Sheppard should have been a 2nd round pick.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#17 » by Mattatron » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:18 am

I think Pacers/Siakam is a great match. If the pacers don't want to send one of their shiny prospects they have to balance this out with FRP. Probably 2024 [pacers and okc] picks and 2026 pacers. Which is not too much. Pacers are stacked with talent and can ignore this years class easily. And I doubt they would pay these assets not knowing if Siakam will stay. They get his Bird Rights too.
JMaster5K
Junior
And1: 148

Post#18 » by JMaster5K » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:18 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

That's because Walker should have stayed in College and Sheppard should have been a 2nd round pick.

After reading a bit last night on the rules for draft picks,... this might be the first time in the NBA that the league allows not protections, but conditional draft picks, like 'Indy will convey their 1st round picks in 2024. If Siakam resigns with Indy, then Indy will also convey their 1st round pick 2027. If Siakam does not resign with Indy, then Toronto will convey to Indy their first round pick in 2026, 15-30 protected.'

According to an really nice article in The Ringer, with interviews with Presti and Morey, they both believe that with the changing value landscape in the NBA, the league must allow these types of conditions moving forward. Both of them had tried to use these types of conditions over the last 2 - 3 years. According to the interviews, the league did not reject the premise at all, but determined that they were not appropriate in the structure of the proposed deals. These types of conditions would seem to make a ton of sense in this particular deal?

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/17/22335035/nba-trade-deadline-first-pick-protection

If it happens, we will eventually see the terms,... but hopefully, there is something like this on the table?

(or I might just be clutching at straws to be able to wrap my head around this?.... 8/ )
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by jarryd3107 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

where u see this

I wish, I fell for a fake woj twitter account. Cant believe they finally got me.

It was written at the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Eh that's a Tennessee whiskey.
JMaster5K
Junior
And1: 148

Post#20 » by JMaster5K » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:26 am

Another thoughtful opinion on the current Siakam/Pacers rumors,...

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/the-toronto-raptors-have-had-pascal-siakam-trade-talks-ramp-up-but-deals-remain-complicated

Doesn't believe the terms in Shams post are accurate for an actual trade. All of the other posts I can find all go back to Shams original post without further insight.

Return to Indiana Pacers