The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 404

Re: Official: Pacers Acquire Pascal Siakam 

Post#163 » by Grang33r » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:16 pm

This gotta be fake, but none the less. Apparently, Siakam's "dream teammate" besides Kevin Durant has been Myles Turner. lol

“During all those years in Toronto, Siakam would tell people close to him how Turner was the kind of stretch five who would work wonders for his game. After his dream scenario of the Raptors somehow landing Kevin Durant, league sources say, Turner was next up on his personal list of players with whom he would love to play.”

Link- https://theathletic.com/5210759/2024/01/18/pascal-siakam-trade-indiana-pacers-future-raptors/?source=user_shared_article
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Re: Woj/Shams: Pacers to get Siakam in trade 

Post#164 » by Grang33r » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:26 pm

Wizop wrote:some (caitlin) have argued that our poor draft history and our excellent recent trade history (dipo, Sabonis, Hali) suggests that trading away picks we were likely to screw up was smart.

I don't like that analogy.

To be the draft is a lottery. Similarly i don't like that Nat Newell said on "from way downtown" podcast yesterday that draft picks are overrated. As long as you have a selection, you can strike gold. You're picking 19-20 year old kids, so there will always be bust potential. But without having a selection, you dont have a chance of making a great pick. Those picks are cost-efficient, you have the player for majority of his career if you play it right. Theres always risk with trades too.

Best part about the draft is you never know in the moment when you hit on a jackpot.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#165 » by jowglenn » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:48 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Want to talk about "Pessimism" or realistic analysis of the home team? I guess I could be a pathetic embarrassing homer in the trade forum posting unrealistic trades where the pacers get the lions share of the meat in every deal like someone I know!

But if it is "pessimism" that I seem to display it's pretty hard to not show that when you see your home team constantly screwing the pooch in the draft and in trades. For every good draft pick and every beneficial trade there is one that makes me want to puke. I live in the little place on the west side called "Realville."

I am not a pathetic embarrassing homer for posting trade ideas on the trade board. Are most of them slanted toward the Pacers? Of course! But it’s usually as a sort of “opening bid” to work from, to engender discussion. I don’t think my ideas are that homerific, they’re just tough opening offers for fake online negotiations.

You’re a legitimately annoying person who acts aggrieved about everything. Funny you whine about draft picks (the topic where you do have somewhat of a fair point) and somehow never mention our good picks - Paul George, Myles Turner, Mathurin, Nembhard. You bring up Shawne Williams and Hansbrough… GET OVER IT ALREADY. We have had solid picks the last few years. Nembhard was a second round steal but you’d rather whine about us selecting Solomon Hill ten years ago with the 23rd pick.

Then you try to complain about our trades… what are you smoking? Our front office has been nailing trades for years. We traded PG for Oladipo and Sabonis who both became all stars in Indy… then when that fell apart we turned Sabonis into HALIBURTON, the best player we’ve had since Reggie! We turned Brogdon into Nesmith and a 1st! We turned Caris Levert into a 1st! We got Jalen Smith for Torrey Craig! We just got an all -NBA caliber Siakam for a free agent we just signed and 3 weak firsts. And guess what, despite your proclamations to the contrary, we ARE going to re-sign Siakam. But we know you will pivot from “wah we traded three firsts for a guy who’s definitely leaving” to “we overpaid for this guy and his contract is too big”

There is more to be excited about with this team than there has been for a decade and yet you just want to bitch and moan. Dude we have a TOP TEN PLAYER WHO IS ONLY TWENTY THREE. We have a BEVY of young guys like Mathurin, Nembhard, Nesmith. We just got a two time all-NBA player! This team has one of the greatest offenses in history!!! And yet all you can do is complain.

There are teams out there genuinely mismanaged who have had no hope for years - the Pistons, the Wizards, the Hornets… the Kings went a decade and a half with no playoffs before last year.

The Pacers aren’t perfect - no team is. But the front office has genuinely put together an exciting young team with nowhere to go but up, and you’d rather whine and complain about late first round draft grievances from 2013 than admit it.

Mods, does this site have a block function? I’ve never even considered it for any other poster but I’m truly tired of seeing your grumpy nonsense on here. You truly are a basketball WACKO
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#166 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:46 am

jowglenn wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Want to talk about "Pessimism" or realistic analysis of the home team? I guess I could be a pathetic embarrassing homer in the trade forum posting unrealistic trades where the pacers get the lions share of the meat in every deal like someone I know!

But if it is "pessimism" that I seem to display it's pretty hard to not show that when you see your home team constantly screwing the pooch in the draft and in trades. For every good draft pick and every beneficial trade there is one that makes me want to puke. I live in the little place on the west side called "Realville."

I am not a pathetic embarrassing homer for posting trade ideas on the trade board. Are most of them slanted toward the Pacers?

Mods, does this site have a block function? I’ve never even considered it for any other poster but I’m truly tired of seeing your grumpy nonsense on here. You truly are a basketball WACKO

Blah blah! Don't we have a rule about personal attacks? I've been posting on this site for more than 20 years. I'm sorry if I offended you little guy, but if reality this site does not allow me to actually say what I'd like to say about some people.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#167 » by Grang33r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:50 am

jowglenn wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I am not a pathetic embarrassing homer for posting trade ideas on the trade board. Are most of them slanted toward the Pacers? Of course! But it’s usually as a sort of “opening bid” to work from, to engender discussion. I don’t think my ideas are that homerific, they’re just tough opening offers for fake online negotiations.

You’re a legitimately annoying person who acts aggrieved about everything. Funny you whine about draft picks (the topic where you do have somewhat of a fair point) and somehow never mention our good picks - Paul George, Myles Turner, Mathurin, Nembhard. You bring up Shawne Williams and Hansbrough… GET OVER IT ALREADY. We have had solid picks the last few years. Nembhard was a second round steal but you’d rather whine about us selecting Solomon Hill ten years ago with the 23rd pick.

Then you try to complain about our trades… what are you smoking? Our front office has been nailing trades for years. We traded PG for Oladipo and Sabonis who both became all stars in Indy… then when that fell apart we turned Sabonis into HALIBURTON, the best player we’ve had since Reggie! We turned Brogdon into Nesmith and a 1st! We turned Caris Levert into a 1st! We got Jalen Smith for Torrey Craig! We just got an all -NBA caliber Siakam for a free agent we just signed and 3 weak firsts. And guess what, despite your proclamations to the contrary, we ARE going to re-sign Siakam. But we know you will pivot from “wah we traded three firsts for a guy who’s definitely leaving” to “we overpaid for this guy and his contract is too big”

There is more to be excited about with this team than there has been for a decade and yet you just want to bitch and moan. Dude we have a TOP TEN PLAYER WHO IS ONLY TWENTY THREE. We have a BEVY of young guys like Mathurin, Nembhard, Nesmith. We just got a two time all-NBA player! This team has one of the greatest offenses in history!!! And yet all you can do is complain.

There are teams out there genuinely mismanaged who have had no hope for years - the Pistons, the Wizards, the Hornets… the Kings went a decade and a half with no playoffs before last year.

The Pacers aren’t perfect - no team is. But the front office has genuinely put together an exciting young team with nowhere to go but up, and you’d rather whine and complain about late first round draft grievances from 2013 than admit it.

I don't think there is a block button, sorry.

This is a great post though, and i agree. Being mad about poor drafts is ehh. To me drafts are a lottery. And the Pacers don't usually pick high enough to really have a legit chance chance to draft one of the more sure-picks, even tho nobody is a lock in these drafts besides maybe Wemby, but they don't come around often.

The trades have been fantastic. KP has nailed on many of the trades. Jalen Smith was a great pick up and when he played well there was skepticism on this board (not sure which posters) that its all for not because NO WAY would Pacers retain him. Carlisle took a trip to Maryland and sat down with Jalen and his mom and next thing you know is hes back with the Pacers.

The Pacers are entering a fun period. Just added a legit super star and still have one of the youngest teams in the league. Oh, and by the way, their best player is 23 years old.

Everybody chill. Pacers about to have some fun. Win with us, or watch us win.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#168 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:57 am

Grang33r wrote:
jowglenn wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I don't think there is a block button, sorry.

This is a great post though, and i agree. Being mad about poor drafts is ehh. To me drafts are a lottery. And the Pacers don't usually pick high enough to really have a legit chance chance to draft one of the more sure-picks, even tho nobody is a lock in these drafts besides maybe Wemby, but they don't come around often.

The trades have been fantastic. KP has nailed on many of the trades. Jalen Smith was a great pick up and when he played well there was skepticism on this board (not sure which posters) that its all for not because NO WAY would Pacers retain him. Carlisle took a trip to Maryland and sat down with Jalen and his mom and next thing you know is hes back with the Pacers.

The Pacers are entering a fun period. Just added a legit super star and still have one of the youngest teams in the league. Oh, and by the way, their best player is 23 years old.

Everybody chill. Pacers about to have some fun. Win with us, or watch us win.

I don't forget stuff and let me tell you if Pascal doesn't resign there's a lot of people who are gonna look like idiots. Furthermore if he signs for $42 million a year plus and then starts playing like a donkey that will be even worse.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#169 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:00 am

And another thing jowglenn I'm gonna make it my part time job to post on every single thread you make just to tick you off. :lol:
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#170 » by Grang33r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:02 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:I don't forget stuff and let me tell you if Pascal doesn't resign there's a lot of people who are gonna look like idiots. Furthermore if he signs for $42 million a year plus and then starts playing like a donkey that will be even worse.

You're right, but thats the risk you gotta take sometimes. Whats the alternative? Theres always risk.

I respect your viewpoint, even if i dont agree. I don't fully understand how thats the hill you want to die on, but to each their own. If thats how you feel thats fine. Time will tell who comes out at the end of all of this and if this was a good deal or not.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#171 » by Grang33r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:04 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:And another thing jowglenn I'm gonna make it my part time job to post on every single thread you make just to tick you off. :lol:

Relax bro.

Forums are a dying place on the internet. We need to have fun with it and be friendly so we can keep it going for as long as we can.
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#172 » by jowglenn » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:12 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:And another thing jowglenn I'm gonna make it my part time job to post on every single thread you make just to tick you off. :lol:

I can't wait, when I post the thread celebrating the Pacers 2026 NBA Championship and you show up to complain "well that's it, it's all downhill from here!"
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#173 » by Grang33r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:13 am

jowglenn wrote:

I can't wait, when I post the thread celebrating the Pacers 2026 NBA Championship and you show up to complain "well that's it, it's all downhill from here!"

I LOVE the optimism. More of it please! :D
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#174 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 am

Grang33r wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:I don't forget stuff and let me tell you if Pascal doesn't resign there's a lot of people who are gonna look like idiots. Furthermore if he signs for $42 million a year plus and then starts playing like a donkey that will be even worse.

You're right, but thats the risk you gotta take sometimes. Whats the alternative? Theres always risk.

I respect your viewpoint, even if i dont agree. I don't fully understand how thats the hill you want to die on, but to each their own. If thats how you feel thats fine. Time will tell who comes out at the end of all of this and if this was a good deal or not.

If you have seen any of my posts today regarding this trade I've warmed up to it a bit. I've stated in more than one thread that my biggest objection to the deal now is the 2026 #1 pick, which is only top 4 protected. Also considering how terrible this team has been at drafting over the last 5-7 years maybe it's better if they piss their draft picks away in nonsensical trades like the Brogdon S&T or the Scola deal, is it better to get some aging vet player of draft some soft kid from UCLA who is not really an NBA player?

How about that list of picks since 2012? Solo Hill, Plumlee, Aaron Holiday, Goga, TJ Leaf, Duarte (who I actually liked) not to mention the picks that were traded off. Only Mathurin and Turner look like Keepers, too soon to tell on Walker but they just traded and hope to resign a guy who plays his spot. Shepperd will be lucky to make the team in 2025 unless of course it's because they have no new players to fill the roster spot because they took Ciatlin's advise and traded off all their picks.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#175 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:16 am

jowglenn wrote:

Only if Tatum and Giannis kill each other in a knife fight during the previous round in the playoffs then they might have a shot at going to the finals.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#176 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:17 am

Grang33r wrote:

Relax bro.

Forums are a dying place on the internet. We need to have fun with it and be friendly so we can keep it going for as long as we can.

You know what the real problem is here?

Spoiler:
You people have no sense of humor! :lol:
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#177 » by jowglenn » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:17 am

Oh, I found it! There IS a block function - go to the person's profile and click on "Add Foe" - now basketballwacko's posts are quasi-hidden. I would have to click on it to display the post. I will never have to read any of his comments again, what a relief
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#178 » by Grang33r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:22 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:How about that list of picks since 2012?

Solo Hill - 23rd pick
Plumlee - 26th pick
Aaron Holiday - 23rd pick
Goga - 18th pick
TJ Leaf - 18th pick
Duarte - 13th pick

If you do the math on those picks, the odds of anyone landing good players becomes very small with most of those selections. Being mad the team missed on picks that late is asinine. When missing top-10 picks, sure, you gotta hit those when you get the chance. Jury still out on Mathurin and Walker. But picks 18th-26th...

As for Duarte, you were not the only one who wanted him. Back in that draft it was either him or Moody. I personally hated the Duarte pick mainly bc of age. But Moody hasn't been anything what his supporters claimed either. After Duarte pick i remember a whole bunch of pro-Moody fans say Pacers will deeply regret that.

We regret it? Not a chance.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#179 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:38 am

Grang33r wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:How about that list of picks since 2012?

Solo Hill - 23rd pick
Plumlee - 26th pick
Aaron Holiday - 23rd pick
Goga - 18th pick
TJ Leaf - 18th pick
Duarte - 13th pick

Look at who was picked after those guys!

Solo Hill - 23rd pick - Gobert 27th
Plumlee - 26th pick - Draymond Green 2nd round
Aaron Holiday - 23rd pick - Jalen Brunson
Goga - 18th pick - Keldon Johnson 29th
TJ Leaf - 18th pick - OG 23rd
Duarte - 13th pick - Jalen Johnson 20th

Want to talk about winning titles get 3 of those picks right and they'd probably have one. Especially if it was Gobert, Green and Brunson or OG.

I feel bad for Duarte I think getting picked by the Pacers messed him. Since he came in and looked really good as a Rookie then they totally changed the team with trades bring in Haliburton, Hield, Mathurin and Nembhard and Nesmith then he got hurt early on in the 2022-23 season and lost his place on the team.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#180 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:41 am

Haha!! for once that guy Joblow gave me something worthwhile!

jowglenn, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Return to Indiana Pacers