Pacers @ Kings 1/18 10pm

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: Pacers @ Kings 1/18 10pm 

Post#21 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:41 pm

Grang33r wrote:Insane ending. Kings are tough to close out essp with all the missing guys Pacers had but a win is a win. Mathurin is so good, made clutch shots but also played some great defense. Also what a great assist to Turner he had.

I went to bed at half time and put the game on the radio. we tried to give it away turning the ball over against pressure but we held on.

Grang33r wrote:But this game was a Jarace Walker coming out party. He struggled in the final 2 minutes when the Kings were full court pressing but besides that the kid took this game over, was making great shots, playing strong defense, and good ball movement. Walker showed tonight, not that the hardcore fans needed to see, why the Pacers were so resilient in trading him. This kid can play.

if I understood the lineups, Jarace was playing the 3, not the 4. with Pascal coming in, that's a very good thing.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,404

Post#22 » by boomershadow » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:58 pm

Walker was definitely playing some 3 and 4 out there at different times. I had him slotted in for the 4 spot, but if he can put in meaningful minutes at the 3 does that make this our target lineup of the next few years?

Haliburton/Mathurin/Walker/Siakam/Turner
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#23 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:06 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:They are saying that Nembhard has a thoracic spine sprain, so I would not be shocked to see some of Wong tonight. With all those guys on the injury report this looks like a real tough night. Sabonis is gonna eat them alive. Correction looks like Wong isn't even with them.

Wow! Wonder how long he's been dealing with this?.... Cause the lack of flexibility in the upper to mid back and/or pain, would exactly explain the difference in his play between last year & the down part of this year? Not the kind of thing that would absolutely stop you from playing,.. but also, the kind of thing that takes a bit of time to heal, cause you use that are so much.

sending prayers for some healing & relief! =]

They said they're not really sure how he got hurt, but no kidding that's a pretty bad injury hopefully he can bet better. Get Haliburton back and let him and TJ handle the pg duties until Nembhard is healthy.

Now I'm old, 61, but I had a cervical radiculopathy in my left shoulder about 3 years ago one of the most painful things I can remember since my broken hip and left leg in 2006. I couldn't even walk for a year.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#24 » by Wizop » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:14 pm

boomershadow wrote:Walker was definitely playing some 3 and 4 out there at different times. I had him slotted in for the 4 spot, but if he can put in meaningful minutes at the 3 does that make this our target lineup of the next few years?

Haliburton/Mathurin/Walker/Siakam/Turner

Haliburton, Siakam, and Turner should all be 30+ minute players. I can see Mathurin, Nembhard, Walker, and Nesmith splitting time more equally at 2 and 3 and I'm not sure who starts or who closes.

but the key point for me is with Walker able to play the 3, we can let Buddy go either via a trade soon or in free agency in the summer.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 170

Post#25 » by JMaster5K » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:43 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:They are saying that Nembhard has a thoracic spine sprain, so I would not be shocked to see some of Wong tonight. With all those guys on the injury report this looks like a real tough night. Sabonis is gonna eat them alive. Correction looks like Wong isn't even with them.

Wow! Wonder how long he's been dealing with this?.... Cause the lack of flexibility in the upper to mid back and/or pain, would exactly explain the difference in his play between last year & the down part of this year? Not the kind of thing that would absolutely stop you from playing,.. but also, the kind of thing that takes a bit of time to heal, cause you use that are so much.

They said they're not really sure how he got hurt, but no kidding that's a pretty bad injury hopefully he can bet better. Get Haliburton back and let him and TJ handle the pg duties until Nembhard is healthy.

Now I'm old, 61, but I had a cervical radiculopathy in my left shoulder about 3 years ago one of the most painful things I can remember since my broken hip and left leg in 2006. I couldn't even walk for a year.

I had an uncle with an injured back,... He had much worse injuries that Nemhard,.. but part of his injuries included 'spraining' or 'tearing' the little ligaments that hold all the vertebrae together in the thoracic region of his back,.. a back 'sprain',... the stiffness,. inability to move,... can't stand for long,.. can't sit for long,... even if it's warmed up,.. it's still gonna hurt,. and you aren't going to have your full range of motion turning, bending,... sometimes even just walking. Let alone,... holding your posture, while you jump, and raise your hands above your head to shoot a basketball.

Well wishes to him! Even if it's mild,.. really impressed that he is playing at all. About the only thing you can do is rest and rehab-stretch it. Get well soon, young man!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:15 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:

I had an uncle with an injured back,... He had much worse injuries that Nemhard,.. but part of his injuries included 'spraining' or 'tearing' the little ligaments that hold all the vertebrae together in the thoracic region of his back,.. a back 'sprain',... the stiffness,. inability to move,... can't stand for long,.. can't sit for long,... even if it's warmed up,.. it's still gonna hurt,. and you aren't going to have your full range of motion turning, bending,... sometimes even just walking. Let alone,... holding your posture, while you jump, and raise your hands above your head to shoot a basketball.

Well wishes to him! Even if it's mild,.. really impressed that he is playing at all. About the only thing you can do is rest and rehab-stretch it. Get well soon, young man!

Well the thing is he's a young man. When you get hurt at 23-24 it's one thing when you get hurt at 43-44 it another ball game. I fell down the steps at my dad's house in 2006 at 43 yrs old, I slipped on the ice, nearly killed myself. Broke my left Fibula in 2 places, and tore up the ankle, and to have 2 surgeries on it to put it back together and a titanium plate with about 6 screws. What I didn't know at the time was that I'd cracked my right hip and the top of the femur. The Ball that goes into the socket lost blood flow and the bone died. After year of no walking I'd gained about 140 lbs, starting out at 265 I was now over 400 lbs. And that was not the worst of it. I topped out at 479 and I'm 6'3''. There is only one photo of me in existence at that size. Every thing you can think of was messed up, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Low Testosterone, not to mention the hip was now in terrible condition, at 48 years old I was so big I had my own Zip Code. I ended up on disability and found a good Dr then set about fixing the issues, the hip couldn't be replaced at that size the Dr said it would have killed me to try it. This was 2011. It took 7 years but I lost 240 lbs without bariatric surgery, and in spite of the fact that I could barely walk.

By 2018 I was back with a shiny new titanium alloy hip and back in business. I run a business that offers executive protection and we are the real thing. But the city of Indianapolis has gotten so out of control I'm really close to quitting and moving out to the southern part of the state because it's not worth it to me no matter how much money these people pay me.

Return to Indiana Pacers