NBA All-Star Tip-Off

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Rose80
Ballboy
And1: 4

NBA All-Star Tip-Off 

Post#1 » by Rose80 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:45 pm

I went to the All-Star Tip-Off last night at the Bicentennial Unity Plaza next to Gainbridge. They had a group of Pacer alumni on stage: Travis Best, Al Harrington, Roy Hibbert, Darnell Hillman, Fred Jones, Freddie Lewis, Derrick McKey, Brad Miller, Netolicky, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, and Ric Smits, along with Tyrese Halliburton. I hadn't seen some of these guys, like Freddie Lewis and Bob Netolicky, for many years.

Tyrese was the star of the event. He and Larry Bird talked on stage, with Larry passing the symbolic all-star ball to him.

At the start of the event, Herb Simon, Adam Silver and Oscar Robertson were on stage. They announced a statue of Oscar would be installed at Crispus Attucks HS.

Having the most fun on stage: Al Harrington, Roy Hibbert, Oscar Robertson, and Tyrese. All four seemed genuinely happy to be there.
Having the least fun: Larry Bird. Didn't smile much.

Fun event, glad it was free to the public. Hope the All-Star weekend goes well. They have a lot of events planned.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Re: NBA All-Star Tip-Off 

Post#2 » by Tom White » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:27 pm

Rose80 wrote:
At the start of the event, Herb Simon, Adam Silver and Oscar Robertson were on stage. They announced a statue of Oscar would be installed at Crispus Attucks HS.

Good! About time something like that is done.

Having the most fun on stage: Al Harrington, Roy Hibbert, Oscar Robertson, and Tyrese. All four seemed genuinely happy to be there.
Having the least fun: Larry Bird. Didn't smile much.

Ha! I'm going to guess that was pretty typical. Bird would likely rather be at home with a Bud Light or such.

Thanks for posting this. Good to read it.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:24 am

Sweeet!

Pacers celebration time and everyone is invited.

Roses for everyone, statues for none. There is a huge chance people will sue him for (mental) abuse decades after the facts anyway :lol: .
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 740

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:59 am

My son, daughter, and his season ticket holder friend are going Friday night to the events, Saturday to the events, and Sunday to the All Star game except for my daughter then. I hear around a couple thousand got them the whole weekend experience.

Glad the Friday night rising stars game featured Oscar Tshiebwe and MVP Benn Mathurin.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#5 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#6 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:01 am

Read on Twitter
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#7 » by Pacersike » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:28 am

All eyes on Indy now and the best part is, we have plenty of for the world to keep their eyes on the Pacers after this event.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,123

Post#8 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've resisted learning to spell his name but in the all star festivities I saw another player call him OT. that's what I'll do from now on.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
GreatBuchinsky
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#9 » by GreatBuchinsky » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:19 pm

Weather wasn't the best but I thought Indiana hosted a stellar event. I was downtown all day Saturday and it was easy getting in and out, convenient walking, very reasonable priced tickets for locals. The Crossover event was pretty neat - took my kids and they got Mathurin's autograph plus got to meet Shai & Dame. Saw tons of other current and ex-players walking around the convention center.

Pacers winning the skills competition and Steph vs Sabrina were the highlights of Saturday night. The LED court was pretty cool in person too. Atmosphere felt a little off being in Lucas Oil with only half of the stadium in use.

Return to Indiana Pacers