1/9/07 - IND @ PHX

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

glasket
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#81 » by glasket » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:57 am

Wow did Tins really shoot 8 for 26?

That is certainly not good and looking at the play by play he took just about 90% of the shots with about 4mins left in the 4th and then in OT.

I didn't see the game on TV but this is disappointing.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Post#82 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am

I would rather watch opposing teams punching the Pacers players and have the Pacers get cause for the foul for 48 minutes, than watch something like that again.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#83 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am

Tinsley 2-8 in overtime, the rest of the Pacers were 1-1, at least by my count...

Seriously I try not to go on another team's board and outright bash a player, but why the hell would Tinsely ever take 20+ shot attempts?

He's done it something like 3 times this season and has shot a horrible percentage each and every time. What he did in OT today was just embarrassing...

I'm not even joking right now but Travis F'ing Diener would have done a better job than Tinsley out there.
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#84 » by Cash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 am

Good game, fellas. Suns had a bit of an off-night, but not having JO and being on the road were obstacles the Pacers had to overcome, and they played really well. It would've been an even better game if Tinsley didn't ruin the OT for you guys. As a basketball fan, I'm disappointed that that happened, but as a Suns fan, I'll take a win any way I can get it.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
notque
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#85 » by notque » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 am

NetsForce wrote:Tinsley 2-8 in overtime, the rest of the Pacers were 1-1, at least by my count...

Seriously I try not to go on another team's board and outright bash a player, but why the hell would Tinsely ever take 20+ shot attempts?

He's done it something like 3 times this season and has shot a horrible percentage each and every time. What he did in OT today was just embarrassing...

I'm not even joking right now but Travis F'ing Diener would have done a better job than Tinsley out there.

With an injured ankle.
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#86 » by ajizzle » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 am

I think Danny would like to try, but, again, like w/ JO, he's deferring to the elder statesmen of the team, and tonight it was Jamaal.

The coaching staff needs to recognize that Danny is our best option, and let him try. Even if he fails a few times, he's a much better option than anyone else on our team.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Post#87 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am

Cash wrote:Good game, fellas. Suns had a bit of an off-night, but not having JO and being on the road were obstacles the Pacers had to overcome, and they played really well. It would've been an even better game if Tinsley didn't ruin the OT for you guys. As a basketball fan, I'm disappointed that that happened, but as a Suns fan, I'll take a win any way I can get it.

Our only obstacle was having Tinsley on our team.
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by ajizzle » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 am

I didn't get to see the 4th/OT, but I can almost guarantee you that we reverted to the Post Offense in the final moments of regulation and even OT. Jamaal is a better option than JO, but that's only if he's mixing up between passing and shooting. If he's just shooting, then he's just a shorter version of JO.

I don't understand why we do that. We've scored 100+ by moving the ball around, playing the motion, drive-and-kick, PickNRoll/Pop, setting screens to free up shooters, cutting off of the high post... So many options, yet we revert to the POST. It's stupid... it's bad decision-making on the floor, and bad coaching off it.

That's the equivalent of the Colts scoring a touchdown on every drive by passing the ball, then running it, even if they lose the lead.

That's like Clemens striking out the side 5x w/ the splitter, but then switching to a change up out of the blue.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DAMN SENSE!!!!
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by ajizzle » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:25 am

And no offense Cash, but the Suns weren't having an off night. They were right on par for their averages for the most part. Every player didn't get their usual numbers, but as a team, they still shot 45% from the arc, got 40+ trips the the line, and had 4 players score 23+.

The Pacers were playing better than usual, and we shot terribly from the arc, only got 17 trips to the line, and still should've won that game. Tinsley single-handedly screwed us. I know Obie's trying to build up his confidence, but not at the expense of the team in a game that was ours.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#90 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm

notque wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

With an injured ankle.

Tinsley having an injured ankle makes him taking all those shots WORSE, not better :wink:

Return to Indiana Pacers