ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Giants Draft thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Post#41 » by blueNorange » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:14 pm

KOA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, he was drafted early 2nd round (34th overall) by the Bills. It would have been a miracle if he lasted until 51. David Harris is still available though. :pray:
Damn ... I was shocked he wasn't taken in the first round.

But the beauty in the NFL Draft is that you can find a good player no matter what round it is.

Never heard of Harris .... what position does he play?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 842

Post#42 » by KOA » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Name: David Harris
Position: ILB
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 243 lbs
School: MICHIGAN

Overall: Harris was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in two games in 2003 registering two tackles before suffering a season-ending knee injury against Houston (9/6). Harris saw action in seven games (one start) in 2004 at inside linebacker and on special teams making 10 tackles and one forced fumble. In 2005, he became a starter for the final 11 contests and recorded 88 total tackles, six tackles for loss, one sack, one fumble recovery, and two forced fumbles. In 2006 he started all 13 games and registered 103 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, four sacks, one interception, and one forced fumble.

Tony Ugoh (LT) was just taken, so the Giants options for their 2nd pick is becoming even more limited.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

2nd Round pick Steve Smith.. 

Post#43 » by ElMatatan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:22 am

Great Pick... :clap: :clap: :clap:

we need to surround Eli with young talent.....this might be sending a message to Burress to either get his act together or his ass is out.
NY State of Mind
KOA
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by KOA » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:30 am

How is Steve Smith a great pick? I guess Sinorice Moss (the 2nd round pick LAST YEAR) should just be thrown in the trash because the giants do not have room for 2 receivers under 6 feet tall...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#45 » by blueNorange » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:36 am

it is a great pick considering the talent of OT's weren't 2nd round material.

Toomer is what ... 35 years old?? Smith may get some major burn this year and might be our starting #2 reciever by next year. Not to mention Smith and Eli would cooperate with each other very well because unlike Burres and Toomer, Smith doesn't have a huge ego.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#46 » by ElMatatan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:59 am

KOA wrote:How is Steve Smith a great pick? I guess Sinorice Moss (the 2nd round pick LAST YEAR) should just be thrown in the trash because the giants do not have room for 2 receivers under 6 feet tall...

YOu just not having a good day with this picks....

Smith will compliment Eli well..he has great hands and is great in the middle of the field....something you can't count on with Burress...

Plus I like having S. Moss and Smith for a young wr core to build around Eli.
NY State of Mind
ankie000
Senior
And1: 0

Post#47 » by ankie000 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:23 am

Didn't I hear that we might try some 4 - receiver sets this year since Tiki is gone? Gotta help out Eli a little bit more so more targets should help him that way? I could be wrong. Anyone know?
KOA
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by KOA » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:15 am

ElMatatan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

YOu just not having a good day with this picks....

Smith will compliment Eli well..he has great hands and is great in the middle of the field....something you can't count on with Burress...

Plus I like having S. Moss and Smith for a young wr core to build around Eli.

Again like Ross, I like Smith as a player but hate the fact that Moss will be a wasted pick.

I can't blame Reese that much for this pick since there weren't really any quality players that fit the Giants needs. However, that is the whole point of trading down.

Reese said that he would take the best players available regardless of position. Then why didn't he draft Quinn and trade him to a team that wanted him (he was a top 5 talent that a lot of teams would have wanted). The reason he dropped was because many teams drafted by need.

I have a feeling Reese can redeem himself with the 3rd round pick. Pretty much any player filling a need will do (LT, OLB, Speedy RB).
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#49 » by blueNorange » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:23 am

KOA wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Again like Ross, I like Smith as a player but hate the fact that Moss will be a wasted pick.

I can't blame Reese that much for this pick since there weren't really any quality players that fit the Giants needs. However, that is the whole point of trading down.

Reese said that he would take the best players available regardless of position. Then why didn't he draft Quinn and trade him to a team that wanted him (he was a top 5 talent that a lot of teams would have wanted). The reason he dropped was because many teams drafted by need.

I have a feeling Reese can redeem himself with the 3rd round pick. Pretty much any player filling a need will do (LT, OLB, Speedy RB).
Reese just drafted DT Jay Alford
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#50 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:32 am

well this was a suprisingly solid pick , Steve Smith from USC , I almost forgot about him but what a move , keep building the foundation Reese.

In Reese I trust :clap:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#51 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:33 am

blueNorange wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Reese just drafted DT Jay Alford

info ?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#52 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 am

I love the Aaron Ross pick , he's gonna get physical and nasty w/ the NFC East WRs

again ....

Image:love:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#53 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:43 am

KOA wrote:The negatives far outweigh the positives, especially when you take his age into consideration.

don't ever question the draft knowledge of this man :evil:
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#54 » by krustytheclown » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:59 am

hardly a good draft when **** tank tyler was sitting t here...yet he drafts some no name
KOA
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by KOA » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:13 am

blueNorange wrote:Reese just drafted DT Jay Alford

Another good player that the Giants don't need.

It is understandable that Robbins is aging and will eventually need a replacement. However, he just had a career year, so I doubt he will be going anywhere anytime soon.

Either way, Alford is a tweener. He doesn't have the power required to be a DT on the next level and lacks the speed for a DE.

I do like his pass rushing ability. He had 14.5 tackles for a loss, 8 sacks, 2 FF and 2 fumble recoveries his senior year at Penn State. I think he will be an exceptional rotation player next season and will eventually start in a few years just like Kiwanuka.

I don't mind having Kawika Mitchell and Antonio Pierce as our 2 main LBs. They are both proven and are excellent at stopping the run. I am not entirely sure if Wilkinson is ready to start since he really didn't receive much pt last season. I really hope Reese re-signs Brandon Short for insurance because he was solid last season.

LT still remains a large problem that should have been solved with this pick. I don't really think Reese will be able to find a starting caliber OT with a low 4th round pick. If one like Doug Free is available, he absolutely MUST take him.
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#56 » by BklynKING » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:27 am

Can't wait for that '08 to come out....
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Jerry Reese on Draft Picks [Articles] 

Post#57 » by blueNorange » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 am

Jerry Reese on Aaron Ross [Full Article]

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#58 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:32 am

BklynKING wrote:(picture)

Can't wait for that '08 to come out....

oh sh** he made the video game already :lol:
the bizness
General Manager

Post#59 » by the bizness » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:43 am

I like the Aaron Ross pick and also the Steve Smith pick, although it would have been nice for Dwayne Jarrett to fall a few more spots to us. I heard Jarrett only ran like a 4.6 on the 40 though. I kinda wish they had taken Tank Tyler at DT, I don't know too much about Alford.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#60 » by mjhp911 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:57 am

So-so draft for us. Reese is starting to underwhelm me. I'm starting to get the feeling he's 'overmatched' in all this. If the brass wants him to learn on the job, that's cool. But like I suspected, this is probably going to be a rebuilding year for us. I know Strahan won't be pleased; maybe it's time we cash him in for picks, and move him to a contender wanting that final piece on the defense. This might not be terribly reassuring for Eli either. We still need O-Line help badly.

Return to New York Giants