ImageImageImageImageImage

How many dropped passes is this team gonna have.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

How many dropped passes is this team gonna have. 

Post#1 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:21 am

I mean some of them are gimmie's that you are supposed to catch as an NFL player. I can understand that our secondary cannot catch a INT but damn our recievers can't catch one. Brandon Jacobs probably broke the record for most dropped passes in a game.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#2 » by NjNeTs1029 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:24 am

terrible game by eli and the recievers. Eli made some throws that i dont even know who they were to and then when he did make a good throw most of the time the ball was dropped. terrible game
KnicksFan7
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#3 » by KnicksFan7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:31 am

Eli may have made some bad passes, but it was bad on both sides. Neither team threw the ball well because the wind is terrible out there.

Also, this is not all on Eli. The team has so many dropped passes it's not even funny. Jacobs has had at least 4. What about Toomer?

I hate people saying that Manning isn't good. He's a good QB, but you can't put his completion % all on him because this team has been notorious for dropping the ball. It's been a problem all season.

I just hope they don't screw themselves with a loss tonight.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#4 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 am

We know it not all on Eli, however he still makes a lot of mistakes. He misses a lot of wide open recievers, throws into coeverage, and his biggests flaw he oberthrows a lot. A lot of his flaws since he started with the Giants and still has not improved. I could name 5 other QB's who is better than Eli and that list does not include Peyton, Brady, Romo or Favre.
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#5 » by DaGoodz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:45 am

We could of won this game if JAcobs would of caught his balls , because the Redskins were playing zone deep. If Jacobs would of caught those balls , he would of got 10 yrds easily on each pass.

And that deep pass to Toomer and the one Moss was catchable.

The talent on our offense is overated, Eli isn't a great QB. But besides for Buress, none of our other receivers would be starting on other teams. And Shockey doesn't get seperation because he isn't fast, and our RB jacobs has stone hands and he fumbles. Besides for Burress, everybody on our offense next year can be replaced
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#6 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:50 am

Shockey is not as explosive off the cut routes as he used to, or maybe cause Eli never finds him, Toomer dropping a easy is sad, but he is still a good veteran WR. The only natural player maker on this offense is Burress and he is not 100%, Jacobs can't hold onto the ball or catch a pass. Him not being able to catch a pass, and fumbling the ball might sepaate him from being a star back to just a 4th down back in the future.
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#7 » by DaGoodz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:59 am

Trust me, if Toomer wasn't on the Giants, he would be a #3 receiver at most. On any other playoff team right now,Toomer wouldn't even start. He has no speed or agility anymore, he gets no seperation. The only good thing about Toomer was his hands, he looks like he lost that too. I think after this year, he is definitely getting cut
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#8 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:38 am

I figured that with Toomer, he is coming off a Torn ACL. Hopefully Steve Smith or Sinorice Moss can be our 2nd string receiver. Sinorice can get open but his height really hurts him. He has speed to go deep but with Eli's accuracy I can't see Eli getting him for a bomb.

Return to New York Giants