FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

DE Tuck gets extension (30M( 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:09 pm

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiret ... extension/

Per the tap...

But of interest, what do Giants fans think of extending one player in the middle of their playoff run? That seems like bad form to me... I'm sure the team is happy for Tuck, but what about other players who were looking to get an extension? :dontknow: The timing just seems odd...
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 pm

The bigger distraction would have been to allow Spags to interview for the Falcons job.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#3 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:03 pm

This was priority #1 of the offseason to me since next season would've been his last in his contract. Get it done before the offseason because if Strahan is to retire right after the playoffs, Tuck would've had more leverage. Lock him up and let Osi/Tuck cause havoc for the next decade together. Great, great move and relatively cheap considering Freeney (who can't even stop the run) just got $72 mil over 6 years and Osi got $42 mil over 6 years.
Cgraz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Cgraz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Good for him! He earned it!! With or without Strahan next season, Osi and Tuck will be a force to be reckoned with.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:36 pm

But of interest, what do Giants fans think of extending one player in the middle of their playoff run? That seems like bad form to me... I'm sure the team is happy for Tuck, but what about other players who were looking to get an extension? The timing just seems odd...

Agreed.

The bigger distraction would have been to allow Spags to interview for the Falcons job.

That too.

Return to New York Giants