ImageImageImageImageImage

Jets Trade For Percy Harvin

Moderator: Rich Rane

rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Re: OT: Percy Harvin is now a Jet. What the f**k? 

Post#41 » by rammagen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:53 pm

GYK wrote:I don't think this is a game changer for the Jets. Harvin is averaging 26 yards per game. His big play ability is amazing but as a cog for a team that keeps games close and scoring low.
I still hope they get Winston. Rex and a franchise passer is what the team needs.

from what they are saying down south Jamis Crablegs Winston is falling off and down of allot of draft boards
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,599

Post#42 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/523471837536485376[/tweet]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:03 pm

rammagen wrote:
GYK wrote:I don't think this is a game changer for the Jets. Harvin is averaging 26 yards per game. His big play ability is amazing but as a cog for a team that keeps games close and scoring low.
I still hope they get Winston. Rex and a franchise passer is what the team needs.

from what they are saying down south Jamis Crablegs Winston is falling off and down of allot of draft boards

Yes. A LOT of concerns about Jameis Winston's character and maturity. Talent is there but I'm not sure that an unstable and chaotic team like this needs a potential powder keg like Winston "leading" them on the field. Winston definitely is extremely talented and could be a franchise QB.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,648

Post#44 » by j4remi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Listen, this a steal of a move imo, low risk with potential for a high reward. A combination of Harvin, Decker and Kerley fills all WR needs and Amaro is starting to emerge as the player who torched college defenses. With that receiving corp and a running game that has been very strong in all but one game, this offense is in nice shape (just gotta get the O-line not to be idiots in the red zone). The move is probably too late, but it gives the Jets a chance to focus elsewhere next offseason such as locking up a better O-line, real starters for the DB position and work on the LB situation.

I like this move...still not happy with Idzik because of his lousy draft/FA run this offseason though. I think Rex has done a really good job with a seriously depleted team.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,599

Post#45 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/523488295674974208[/tweet]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
three2theD
Banned User
And1: 465

Post#46 » by three2theD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:19 pm

moocow007 wrote:Bleh...not a real fan of this move. Harvin is injury prone (hip problems being his biggest health concern) and he's nothing but a no.2 receiver. His contract is huge and he has a reputation for not being the sharpest tool in the shed. Yes, if he's healthy he's probably better than any of the Jets other receivers not named Decker but chances are he'll be injured before the season ends. Not exactly a smart way to spend especially with the season all but over with.

Harvin is better than decker
three2theD
Banned User

Post#47 » by three2theD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Jets cut David Nelson. Should have cut TJ Graham
three2theD
Banned User

Post#48 » by three2theD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:44 pm

CoolKids wrote:Great move.

Geno is going to be much better now. I can promise you that.

I thought I was alone in thinking Geno can be a good QB.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#49 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:

seriously? no wr can help if the ball cant get there while they're running their route.

percy is 2 fragile to run back punts/kickoffs.

this trade makes no sense unless it was a character/personality issue harvin had with seattle management/teammates.

Classic Geno hater. I don't think people fully understand who Geno has actually had to throw the ball to the past two years.... David Nelson was almost out of the league and he was the Jets #2. Kerley is a mediocre slot guy at best. And when he's had Decker he has played well. Geno has to be up there in the dropped passes category over the past 2 years. It's frightening how many drops the Jet receivers house.

And Greenie you're totally right. Rex is coaching his azz off this year. The fact that the Jets are even close to winning these games is an accomplishment in itself. The way he is hiding those corners and disguising blitzes this year is ridiculous. It's a shame he's going to lose his job it's not his fault, they just didn't have the talent they thought they had. Investing in CJ2K and thinking that was enough was a horrible mistake. One thing I will hold Rex accountable for was the drafting of Pryor in the first round. Could have had Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks or the corner the Chargers got... That was terrible mismanagement of the draft and that falls on both the HC and GM.

I think most of the quarter backs in the NFL who don't play on winning teams get unfair reputations. All this story telling that the QB is the pilot and such. If someone wanted to convince me about Geno this season, I would have to be provided with his QB rating when he is given 2 seconds in the pocket.

Bottom line is that the Jets are a failure in every facet right now and everyone in that organization deserves a share of the blame pie. Geno, Sanchez, Tebow all could be starting QB's in the NFL on winning teams. The question is how does the GM handle the rest of the team?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,508

Post#50 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:

seriously? no wr can help if the ball cant get there while they're running their route.

percy is 2 fragile to run back punts/kickoffs.

this trade makes no sense unless it was a character/personality issue harvin had with seattle management/teammates.

Classic Geno hater. I don't think people fully understand who Geno has actually had to throw the ball to the past two years.... David Nelson was almost out of the league and he was the Jets #2. Kerley is a mediocre slot guy at best. And when he's had Decker he has played well. Geno has to be up there in the dropped passes category over the past 2 years. It's frightening how many drops the Jet receivers house.

This is true. Geno hasn't had many real weapons to work with. But the same was true for Mark Sanchez the last year or two. Not having weapons doesn't mean that Geno is a good QB tho. I think the problem with Geno is his inability to read defenses and his decision making ability. So maybe Idzik got Harvin in order to better evaluate Geno? It's either that or Idzik now is desperate to keep HIS job.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#51 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:08 pm

three2theD wrote:

I thought I was alone in thinking Geno can be a good QB.

I thought you were alone too.
Free Palestine
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#52 » by N8isScofield » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:12 pm

One thing I would say about the Jets and their development of QBs is that they throw all of these kids in at the deep end with less than ideal scenarios. Unless you're drafting an Andrew Luck level stud who is completely can't miss or the kid is just so good in preseason that you have to play him (Wilson) he should be holding the clipboard. The last semi decent QB we drafted who maybe could have won some games for us was Pennington and he had the benefit of watching a respectable QB in Vinny before being handed the ball. That's how competent organizations handle things. At the very least if you are going to start a kid before they're ready then you've got to have a line that can protect them and the ability to lean on the run game while they learn. Geno has been asked to throw the ball way too much, especially given the depth and quality we have at running back. 3 of the first 4 losses could have been avoided by running the ball more and better pass protection. Over the last 6 years we've seen 2 young QB's with legitimate arm talent be essentially sabotaged by incompetent GMs and coordinators. Who knows how Sanchez and Geno may have developed in situations where they actually know how to groom a QB. It's not too late for Geno but the coaching staff has to put him in a position to succeed.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#53 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:25 pm

N8isScofield wrote:One thing I would say about the Jets and their development of QBs is that they throw all of these kids in at the deep end with less than ideal scenarios. Unless you're drafting an Andrew Luck level stud who is completely can't miss or the kid is just so good in preseason that you have to play him (Wilson) he should be holding the clipboard. The last semi decent QB we drafted who maybe could have won some games for us was Pennington and he had the benefit of watching a respectable QB in Vinny before being handed the ball. That's how competent organizations handle things. At the very least if you are going to start a kid before they're ready then you've got to have a line that can protect them and the ability to lean on the run game while they learn. Geno has been asked to throw the ball way too much, especially given the depth and quality we have at running back. 3 of the first 4 losses could have been avoided by running the ball more and better pass protection. Over the last 6 years we've seen 2 young QB's with legitimate arm talent be essentially sabotaged by incompetent GMs and coordinators. Who knows how Sanchez and Geno may have developed in situations where they actually know how to groom a QB. It's not too late for Geno but the coaching staff has to put him in a position to succeed.

True. But I can sum up your entire paragraph in two words.

Woody Johnson.
Free Palestine
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#54 » by N8isScofield » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:One thing I would say about the Jets and their development of QBs is that they throw all of these kids in at the deep end with less than ideal scenarios. Unless you're drafting an Andrew Luck level stud who is completely can't miss or the kid is just so good in preseason that you have to play him (Wilson) he should be holding the clipboard. The last semi decent QB we drafted who maybe could have won some games for us was Pennington and he had the benefit of watching a respectable QB in Vinny before being handed the ball. That's how competent organizations handle things. At the very least if you are going to start a kid before they're ready then you've got to have a line that can protect them and the ability to lean on the run game while they learn. Geno has been asked to throw the ball way too much, especially given the depth and quality we have at running back. 3 of the first 4 losses could have been avoided by running the ball more and better pass protection. Over the last 6 years we've seen 2 young QB's with legitimate arm talent be essentially sabotaged by incompetent GMs and coordinators. Who knows how Sanchez and Geno may have developed in situations where they actually know how to groom a QB. It's not too late for Geno but the coaching staff has to put him in a position to succeed.

True. But I can sum up your entire paragraph in two words.

Woody Johnson.

100% agreed. It's why I've never truly hated James Dolan.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#55 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Jets give up 6th round pick for Harvin.
Free Palestine
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#56 » by GYK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:50 pm

rammagen wrote:

Yea that's what they say until it's really draft time.
He is going through hell with accusations all over and still is the best player in CFB. Playing better then he did last year as a pocket passer. That's a franchise.
All the issues but they know to put his games on Primetime.
That's an pocket passer putting up Luck numbers, undefeated under tremendous pressure who is beloved and inspired by teammates.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#57 » by HeartBreaking » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Marty Morningweg has to go. Who the **** calls a middle fade for your last player. Atleast throw a sideline fade, you know, where qbs have good instinct on ball placement through repetitive practice. For a 2pt convert- Middle fade suck my
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#58 » by HeartBreaking » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 pm

and geno has been playing good these past couple of games, the receivers suck really abd. They be dropping balls like flys
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Re: Jets Trade For Percy Harvin 

Post#59 » by Shemy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Idzik era gonna be done shortly :lol:

seems like a terrible hire with all the picks in the draft they shouldve gone with someone with a specialty in the draft not some guy whose a "cap expert" when they had a bunch of money coming off the god damn books anyway

as for the harvin trade?? desperation move, the way this season is going we are going to get a good pick and possibly could land a guy like Cooper from Alabama
"They scared now"
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#60 » by Shemy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:29 pm

SOJ

move reeks of so much desperation, if youre so worried about weapons for Geno why not just tank the season and get a legit prospect like Cooper in the draft or why not trade for Jackson this past offseason, and head into next season with the likes of Cooper, Decker, and Kerley (assuming you resign him doubt that happens now though)

this idzik hire :lol: shouldve gone with someone who can work the draft especially seeing as the team had what was it 14? picks

hows the cap situation going to look like for next year? any notable free agents to look at in the secondary?

as I understand Harvin will take up about half the cap space we got this year along with next season?
"They scared now"

Return to New York Jets