j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Re: OT: Jets: Revis Trade Imminent 

Post#21 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:35 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:Ummm, if a deal is imminent there's usually a team announced as the trade partner followed by rumors of what could be coming back.

What team is it? What's the pick package? Is there other players invloved?

49ers

That's the team that's been floated becasue of need, winning team and plethora of draft picks but last I heard was that they weren't as ready to make a trade as the media was stating/speculating.

I'm gonna head to the Jet boards and to twitter to see what's going on though..

The Falcons were coming up too...bidding war would be nice.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#22 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:35 pm

moocow007 wrote:They better be getting both the 49'ers 1st round pick and that top of the 2nd round pick they got from the Chiefs in the Alex Smith trade.

I wouldn't expect that for a healthy Revis on a reasonable contract.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#23 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:37 pm

j4remi wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:That's the team that's been floated becasue of need, winning team and plethora of draft picks but last I heard was that they weren't as ready to make a trade as the media was stating/speculating.

I'm gonna head to the Jet boards and to twitter to see what's going on though..

The Falcons were coming up too...bidding war would be nice.

What would be nice is 1st rounder NEXT year. The QB class is going to better in '14 and if the Jets have 2 1sts's they'd be in good shape to move up if they have to.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#24 » by SonOfMars » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:42 pm

Props Turbo_Zone
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#25 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:43 pm

ShumpShump wrote:
moocow007 wrote:They better be getting both the 49'ers 1st round pick and that top of the 2nd round pick they got from the Chiefs in the Alex Smith trade.

:o :o :o

I've been reading tons of stuff on Revis' trade value by NFL experts and some think that would be fair for the rehabbing Revis with his current contract status. If you truly believe what you just posted I'll tell you a healthy Revis on a good contract's trade value would blow your F**** mind. Talking Hershel Walker type package bro.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#26 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:45 pm

I_Love_NYK wrote:What team won a superbowl where a shutdown cornerback was the best player? What team builds a franchise around a shutdown cornerback?

Deion Sanders probably with the 49ers, IMO he was the reason that they won and essentially was the reason they got past Irvin and the Cowboys. I agree though that dominant pass rushers are more valuable than dominant corner backs. However with the passing game picking up more than ever, teams opting to throw more than ever, corners value is on the rise IMO.

If you had a choice, both healthy, Mario Williams or Darrelle Revis?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:46 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:

:o :o :o

I've been reading tons of stuff on Revis' trade value by NFL experts and some think that would be fair for the rehabbing Revis with his current contract status. If you truly believe what you just posted I'll tell you a healthy Revis on a good contract's trade value would blow your F**** mind. Talking Hershel Walker type package bro.

I really couldn't see a team giving up TWO first rounders AND a second rounder for a cornerback that has a history of holding out and looking out for no one but himself. He immediately kills any teams' salary cap. And usually a team that close to a title is lurking right around the cap limit.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#28 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:47 pm

ShumpShump wrote:

:lol: Two firsts and a second? :lol: Come on now... :lol:
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#29 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
I_Love_NYK wrote:What team won a superbowl where a shutdown cornerback was the best player? What team builds a franchise around a shutdown cornerback?

Deion Sanders probably with the 49ers, IMO he was the reason that they won and essentially was the reason they got past Irvin and the Cowboys. I agree though that dominant pass rushers are more valuable than dominant corner backs. However with the passing game picking up more than ever, teams opting to throw more than ever, corners value is on the rise IMO.

Steve Young and Jerry Rice were the face of the 49ers. Jerry Rice was at his prime and was probably the face of the NFL.

Yes Darelle Revis is the better player.

But like I said at my previous post, the past superbowl champions of this decade did not have a shutdown corner.

Ty Law and Rondee Barber in their primes but still not the face of the franchise.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#30 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

Revis, but most would agree that Revis is best corner, Mario Williams it's debateable he's top pass rusher.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:

:lol: Two firsts and a second? :lol: Come on now... :lol:

I don't know if you're laughing at me or the post I quoted... but just keep in mind that Chiefs 2nd rounder is basically a first rounder.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#32 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 pm

ShumpShump wrote:

The 49'ers pick is the next to last pick in the 1st round so we're not talking about primo gold here. It's basically 2 pick about a pick or two from each other. That IMO is fair value. Just compare it to what the Chiefs gave for a much less talented Alex Smith (that same 2nd round pick I'm talking about...34th overall) and another pick in 2014 in the 2nd thru 4th round. Smith is not in the Revis range impact wise and Smith's contract is big for this upcoming year (and then can bolt just like Revis can).
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#33 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:49 pm

ShumpShump wrote:You don't rebuild with a player making that much money, with that player coming off MAJOR surgery, with the team not skipping a beat without him. Not to mention that player will be potentially at the end of his prime by the time you're ready to compete. You rebuild with money and picks. Trading Revis gets you both. I'm a diehard Jet fan and Revis is one of my favorite Jets of ALL TIME. But Revis the person is a d-bag. He's going to hold out yet again and he's only out to please one person: Darrelle Revis.

Rebuild the right way. None of this on-the-fly BS. People say it's impossible to rebuild in NY because of how fickle the fans are and how hungry the media is for a story. They are right. Hopefully the Jets say F that and do it the right way.

I think this is the first post we have ever agreed on.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:50 pm

moocow007 wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:

The 49'ers pick is the next to last pick in the 1st round so we're not talking about primo gold here. It's basically 2 pick about a pick or two from each other. That IMO is fair value. Just compare it to what the Chiefs gave for a much less talented Alex Smith.

OK OK OK... hold on a second. I completely misread your original post.

I thought you were saying BOTH the 49ers first round picks, as in, two first round picks from the 49ers in addition to the 2nd they just got from the Chiefs. In that case, I completely agree with you. I'd aim for nothing less.

OK, move along, nothing to see here :D
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#35 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:51 pm

moocow007 wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:

The 49'ers pick is the next to last pick in the 1st round so we're not talking about primo gold here. It's basically 2 pick about a pick or two from each other. That IMO is fair value. Just compare it to what the Chiefs gave for a much less talented Alex Smith (that same 2nd round pick I'm talking about...34th overall) and another pick in 2014 in the 2nd thru 4th round. Smith is not in the Revis range impact wise and Smith's contract is big for this upcoming year.

Yup. It's basically 2 2nd rounders.

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#36 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:52 pm

echelonNYK wrote:This is why the Jets will never prosper. Patriots fans are loving the possibility of this :lol:

It makes no sense to have a corner making $13 mill/yr when you don't have a competing team. None whatsoever.
The Jets have so many holes it ain't even funny. It actually hurt to watch them this past season.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#37 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:52 pm

I said a month ago we should trade him for Alex Smith and pick being that he wants to be PAID and we don't have money. If he is being traded to the 49ers we should have moved earlier and gotten a starting/quality QB smh.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#38 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:

The 49'ers pick is the next to last pick in the 1st round so we're not talking about primo gold here. It's basically 2 pick about a pick or two from each other. That IMO is fair value. Just compare it to what the Chiefs gave for a much less talented Alex Smith.

Moo second round picks in the NFL are primo gold... Heck even third round picks are high value picks.

THe chiefs gave up a second rd pick and a conditional future draft pick for a starting Qb that was fresh off taking his team to an NFL Chip and before he got hurt leading them right back there.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#39 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:53 pm

Stop using his injury as an excuse. This was his first major injury in his football career. The jets put themselves in this position where they can't afford to keep him. Revis shouldn't ask for less when he's just about to enter his prime years.
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#40 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:53 pm

ShumpShump wrote:I thought you were saying BOTH the 49ers first round picks, as in, two first round picks from the 49ers in addition to the 2nd they just got from the Chiefs. In that case, I completely agree with you. I'd aim for nothing less.

OK, move along, nothing to see here :D

Ah, OK... Yeah that would have been too much, I agree.

Less Bulls, MORE books!!

Return to New York Jets