ImageImageImageImageImage

Mike Goodson a Jet!

Moderator: Rich Rane

crorevis3124
Banned User
And1: 0

Mike Goodson a Jet! 

Post#1 » by crorevis3124 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I am intrigued by this signing because Goodson had a few explosive plays last year, I would still try to draft a rb or get woodhead, but what do other Jet fans think about this signing?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: Mike Goodson a Jet! 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:36 pm

crorevis3124 wrote:I am intrigued by this signing because Goodson had a few explosive plays last year, I would still try to draft a rb or get woodhead, but what do other Jet fans think about this signing?

He averaged 6.3 yard per carry last season for the Raiders so that's good. It was in limited carries though (35 attempts) so who knows. I've never been a fan of Shonn Greene so I don't think this would be a downgrade per se. Yeah they should be looking to draft a RB as neither Bilal Powell or Joe McKnight are word beaters.

I think still, 1st pick has to be on a defensive linemen of some sort. Then they need to really find someone that can catch passes in short to mid yardage scenarios if they plan on trotting out one of the winner of the Sanchez/Garard/McElroy/(maybe)Kolb "battle". With Keller a FA and more or less being a none factor for most of his Jet career, drafting a big, strong pass catching tight end would help...especially if Ryan wants to play "power offense" (whatever that really means).

I think trading Revis is a no brainer right now...just a matter of trying to get the best package of picks. Jets have so many positions to fill that it's not even funny. They could use a strong armed QB, they could use a pass rushing DE, they could use a TE, they could use a OLB, they could use a Safety (or two), a half back that can be a game changer, an OT would also help a lot, if they are going to trade Revis then they'll need another CB, etc. etc.

Return to New York Jets